TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Overrated coaster?

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, B&M Hypers. So far the only one I've ridden is Diamondback, but while it was fun, it's definitely overrated. Besides the first drop, I didn't really notice any air-time...and the trim/MCBR was very annoying.

Also, I'm not sure if this is just Diamondback or not, but I found the ride to completely die after the MCBR and crawl over the rest of the hills/layout. The rest look to do the same...

It will be interesting to see how it ranks in the MHCP. I know a lot of people that love the ride, and a lot of people that think it's overrated like myself.

^ I rode Diamondback six times; I got the very back, four other places in the middle (inside and outside seats) and the 3rd row. Didn't get to ride it in the front, but I still think I fully experienced the ride.

And like I said, I did get air-time on the first drop.

Bizzaro @ SFGAdv was a let down, but I knew it would be. It is a great ride, but the fact that Six Flags lied and called it new made me mad. On the comercial "And ride the ALL NEW Bizzaro coaster!" It is a good idea to refresh an old-ish ride, but calling it new? I'm not surprised, but Six Flags shouldn't use the GP's, for lack of a better term, unawareness to gain.

Salama (Linnanmäki) is a Söhne spinner, and when it opened in 2008 I was so excited to finally get to ride my first (and so far only) spinner! I was disappointed 'cause I expected it to be a thrilling ride. Well, those who have ridden it can confirm my statement that it's a family coaster. Anyhow, after a few rides I learned to respect it as it is and lower my expectations, and now I can ride it with a smile.

Yep, B&M Hypers. So far the only one I've ridden is Diamondback, but while it was fun, it's definitely overrated. Besides the first drop, I didn't really notice any air-time...and the trim/MCBR was very annoying.

Also, I'm not sure if this is just Diamondback or not, but I found the ride to completely die after the MCBR and crawl over the rest of the hills/layout. The rest look to do the same...

^I do feel the same about Thunderhead. I thought it was amazing when I rode in 04, but I was young and my coaster count was probably 25. It was great when I rode in November, but Kentucky Rumbler was much better.

Diamondback is very different to Goliath at SFOG. Diamondback and Behemoth seem like prototypes to me. The trains really open up a different B&M style hyper ride, I think. The airtime isn't that 'abrupt' but it's certainly stronger than Goliath. Goliath has more airtime, though!

For the record, the Behemoth crew came down to visit, and they agreed that Diamondback has stronger front seat airtime than Behemoth, but Behemoth has stronger backseat air! So take your pick!

Goliath has the forces, that helix is very intense! Diamondback doesn't have forces, it's just smooth up and down floater airtime. True, after the midcourse, it's really a buzz kill. I mean it's not like there's no airtime, but nothing near the first half.

One overrated wooden coaster I seem to have forgotten is Raven. I think Raven is a good coaster, don't get me wrong, but it's nowhere near the top of the list for me. It's way too short, not that fast (although the 2nd half of the ride feels faster in the woods). I've just never been impressed by it. I think Legend is a little better and Voyage is obviously leaps and bounds better.

Tatsu. I think I've had way too many rides on it, but it's really not that fun for me at all. The lift hill is pretty fun, but in between that and the overbank is pretty much a borefest. The overbank is fun because of the view, but much more forceless than it looks, and the pretzel loop which used to be my favorite thing ever has become pretty uncomfortable. It rattles way too much during the pretzel loop, couple that with like 6 G's of force, and you've got discomfort.

I guess I can't say it was a let down by any means the first time I rode it, but now that I've really experienced it a ton, it doesn't hold up nearly as well as other rides.

I do feel the same about Thunderhead. I thought it was amazing when I rode in 04, but I was young and my coaster count was probably 25. It was great when I rode in November, but Kentucky Rumbler was much better.

That's interesting. GCI's aren't really my type of coaster. I mean, I like them--but none are close to being top ten material in my book.

Thunderhead is marginally my favorite out of all the GCI's (with Millennium Flyer trains) I've ridden, but mostly they're all just kind of the same.

And so was Kentucky Rumbler.

I guess my point is, that just thinking Kentucky Rumbler is much better than Thunderhead--or vice versa--seems weird to me.

Diamondback is very different to Goliath at SFOG. Diamondback and Behemoth seem like prototypes to me. The trains really open up a different B&M style hyper ride, I think. The airtime isn't that 'abrupt' but it's certainly stronger than Goliath. Goliath has more airtime, though!

I wonder how the older B & M hypers would fare with the new style of train they are using now. Would that make Apollo and Raging Bull better or worse??

Millennium Force is way overrated. So is the Beast. Don't get me wrong. Beast is a great ride, but the magnetic brakes are killing it, and running along the ground through most of the ride with long drawn out turns, and no more than two drops kind of makes the ride stagnant in the action department. The ending meets my total approval though!

The Screamin' Eagle at Six Flags St. Louis. Don't get me wrong- It is a fun ride, but it is a let down! Looking at the ride, i guess i just thought to much of it. There was no airtime, and the rest of the ride was just a bumpy mess.

Even my dad- who also loves coasters- didn't want to go back and ride it, because it was so boring& there were better coasters to spend our time on!

I think Thunderhead is the most overrated. After my first ride (back seat), I wasn't impressed. I rode a second time in the front, in hopes that it would be as everyone says it is. I don't know. Maybe I just caught it on a bad day, that's what I want to make myself think.

Did you ride it multiple times? IMO, it's definitely a ride where your appreciation for it grows each time you ride it. I admit that the first time I rode it I found it fun, but not mind-blowing. But the more I rode it, the more and more I loved it.

The one coaster I found overrated was Big Bad Wolf. It was fun, but nothing spectacular. It seemed to enter a brake everytime it started to get good. That drop into the Rhine River was awesome, but such a buzz kill when you entered the final brake just around the corner.

Nitro is the most overrated ride ever. It didn't even have good airtime. The helix of doom wasn't bad at all and the only good part was the hammerhead. It's not a bad ride but I don't see how it's loved so much. To top that all off it's one of the ugliest rides on the face of the planet.