TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Overrated coaster?

Diamondback. It doesn't have any airtime. You can tell by the POV.

Actually, to me, it looks like the train is going fast enough for you to get some airtime. But you got to think. Those videos don't take into account the riders wait. Trust me, it definitely makes a difference because the potential energy is so much greater at the top of the hill. Wait till it's open to see if it has airtime.

Now to get back on topic, I think the most overrated coaster would have to be The Voyage. So many people say it's the best wooden coaster out there. I beg to differ. Don't get me wrong when i rode it last year it was pretty fun. But it was one of few coasters that actually hurt me when I rode it (Son of Beast before the new trains being the only other).

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

I posted this in another topic...

Loch Ness Monster -- Why does EVERYBODY love this ride? Its slow, its boring, its rough.

1. There's no pacing. Just when you think the ride is going to speed up, it hits the brakes, slowing the ride down, starting with that trim on the second drop. I really think one the trims and one of the block brakes need to be removed.

2. The tunnel is completely pointless. Its slow, rough, and boring.

3. The theme is pretty much nonexistent. Once you pass the entrance, the theme disappears. The station has zero ventilation so it becomes unbelievably hot warm days.

4. The only reason I tend to ride it is because the ride rarely has a line.

The thing is, unlike rides like MF and KK, it seems that nobody dislikes this ride, making LNM the most overrated coaster.

Tatsu is very overrated IMO. You're staring at the ground...for a second, then you go into dizzying inversions that make you want to vomit...then you're staring at the ground again.

I think X2 is overrated also. I have to admit that X2 is my favorite coaster, but I haven't ridden much (my count is 75). I really like the lift hill and the drop and the raven turn and...the rest of the ride, pretty much, but somehow...just when it's getting really good it ends. The lift hill has to be at least half of the ride, or at least it feels like it. The rest is very cool and so are the elements, but I just know there's much better coasters out there. There's way too many X2 fanboys.

Batman: The Ride is a bit overrated. I get good rides on it and I get bad rides on it, but there's no way it will ever come to close to my Top 5 and it's even hard to get into my Top 10.

Maybe I'm just very picky with coasters.

The Dark Knight at Six Flags Great Adventure. I still thought the queue and the first couple of hairpins were cool the the rest let me down. I would ride it a couple times in a row if it was walk on but that's it. Good try for Six Flags trying to theme a dark ride though.

Diamondback. It doesn't have any airtime. You can tell by the POV.

Sorry for the double post but Are you kidding me! You are going to judge a ride by the renderings! Have you even seen it test?! I have.

Why would you say that about a ride that hasn't even allowed the public to ride it yet?

^I don't think its really that rough, but it is a bit overrated because of that interlocking loop it has!

The ride is fairly rough in the slower sections like the indoor helix. Personally, I think that the ride is only popular because it's located at a Busch park. If it were located anywhere else, it wouldn't be as well-recieved.

For example, nobody talks much about Lightnin Loops or Orient Express, and those coasters had interlocking loops as well, but everybody talks about LNM.

Kingda Ka

I rode Top Thrill Dragster first and maybe that's why, but Kingda Ka is too rough, especially just after the drop. It gave me a headache. People always say TTD and KK are exactly the same, but TTD is much smoother. The launch on KK wasn't as intense either. It felt like it was pulsing and it really ruined the initial intensity at the beginning of the launch. TTD and all other rocket coasters get going right out of the gate.

Another would be Mean Streak. Before I knew about its reputation, I thought it was awesome. It actually looked fun. After I rode it, I stopped liking wood coasters. Thankfully El Toro changed my mind!

And of course, all SLC's. Every time I get on one, I think to myself, "ok, this one's gonna be better," but no...

For example, nobody talks much about Lightnin Loops or Orient Express, and those coasters had interlocking loops as well, but everybody talks about LNM.

Yeah, nobody talks about Lightning Loops or Orient Express anymore because they have been dismantled... The Loch Ness Monster is still in operation.

But I definitely would not say that The Loch Ness Monster is overrated by any stretch of the imagination... and I wouldn't say its underrated either.

Its a great coaster... one of the best I've ever been on. I couldn't imagine what the park would be like without it.

Another would be Mean Streak. Before I knew about its reputation, I thought it was awesome. It actually looked fun. After I rode it, I stopped liking wood coasters. Thankfully El Toro changed my mind!

And of course, all SLC's. Every time I get on one, I think to myself, "ok, this one's gonna be better," but no...

I didn't know Mean Streak and SLC's were already rated well

Absolutely without a doubt Millennium Force. What I wonder is WHY the ride was designed so poorly? Could they have incorporated any kind of element to provide at least some airtime that you can really feel? I only felt air on the first drop. In fact, going up the lift was more thrilling than the course itself.

People say this, and while they have their opinion and I respect that, you have to put one thing into perspective. As it is, Millennium Force was $25 million and took up a huge amount of space. any longer or more elements and we're talking about a $30-$40 million coaster that probably takes up a decent chunk of land. I'm sure the ideas for MF were endless, but a line had to be drawn somewhere. Yes it could have been way better, but can't that be said about almost any coaster? That's like saying that Dragster or Kingda Ka could have been improved by adding another 5000 feet of track, giving it a unique layout, which we all know could never happen with a coaster already so large and expensive (at least not yet).

My overrated coaster is Big Dipper at Geauga Lake. Man that coaster sucks. I gave it like 5-10 overall chances to give me a decent ride. Yes, it had decent airtime, but it also killed my neck every time and left me sore the day after. The decent airtime was not enough to justify that.

Yeah, nobody talks about Lightning Loops or Orient Express anymore because they have been dismantled... The Loch Ness Monster is still in operation.

But I definitely would not say that The Loch Ness Monster is overrated by any stretch of the imagination... and I wouldn't say its underrated either.

Its a great coaster... one of the best I've ever been on. I couldn't imagine what the park would be like without it

That comment pretty much proves my point. Even when Orient Express was still operating, nobody really talked about it. In fact, I only learned about OE recently. And lets consider the fact that an extremely large portion of the enthusiast community LOVES the ride. In fact, I've never heard a bad review of the ride, ever!

There are enthusiasts in the world that don't really like MF, Toro, and SROS surprisingly enough. I've actually seen my share of "Toro didn't really live up to its hype" and "All MF really has is the first drop", but never "LNM is boring" or "They really need to de-brake this ride".

Absolutely without a doubt Millennium Force. What I wonder is WHY the ride was designed so poorly? Could they have incorporated any kind of element to provide at least some airtime that you can really feel? I only felt air on the first drop.

I understand. I don't like Kumba because it doesn't go upsidedown.

Absolutely without a doubt Millennium Force. What I wonder is WHY the ride was designed so poorly? Could they have incorporated any kind of element to provide at least some airtime that you can really feel? I only felt air on the first drop.

Kumba at BGT? You might want to recheck that one...

Kumba at BGT? You might want to recheck that one...

No, the Kumba at Cedar Point that's right next to the Millennium Force that has no airtime after the first drop.

/It's okay if you're confused.

//I'm confused by supermanrosfan0810's post, too

EDIT: ^Electerik took care of it.

There are enthusiasts in the world that don't really like MF, Toro, and SROS surprisingly enough. I've actually seen my share of "Toro didn't really live up to its hype" and "All MF really has is the first drop", but never "LNM is boring" or "They really need to de-brake this ride".

I'd say 188th in the Hawker Poll isn't all that overrated. That's one ahead of Mantis...

My overrated ride would probably be Beast. Night is still fun for me, but a day ride is becoming more and more dull. Though I know many enthusiasts share the same sentiment, so maybe it's not all that overrated in that regard. Just compared to the Golden Tickets.