TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Overrated coaster?

I'm going to have to say Volcano. It did nothing for me. The only part that I thought stood out was the inversion out of the top of the volcano. The slow barrel rolls that followed seemed out of place compared to the quick first part. Right at the end when it speeds up and you think something awesome is coming up, you hit the brakes. Yay.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Wicked Twister was my favorite coaster at Cedar Point.

I think that one is a lot of fun. It's nicely placed right there on the beach and gives a great little ride. It's certainly not a top ride for me or anything. More like an overgrown flat ride or something. Certainly kicks the crap out of Deja Vu, Invertigo, Boomerang, etc.

most GPs will probably agree with you on Alpie now because of Griffon being right next door.

I've ridden Wicked Twister and Steel Venom/VooDoo/Superman and both were a bit hyped. The launch was ok but after that it just got boring.

^Fortunately I've always known that the Superman TWINS are a let-down (so I won't be surprised/disappointed on the EC tour). On that note, I bow down to the gods of Six Slags for placing Superman:RoS in Mass. Without HIM we would be nothing.

Nothing but "another Batman" and an SLC, LOL.

Of all the coasters I rode during our trip in the USA, I find Superman at SFA the most disappointing ride.

Oh, good call, that ride pretty much sucked. The huge helixes were so boring and long, and the random straight track was just as boring. There were a couple of good moments of airtime, but the ride as a whole was pretty bland.

Alpengeist was probably the biggest letdown I've had on a coaster. It was easily the worst B&M invert that I've been on. For such a huge ride I felt like it should have been so much better.

Wow, worst B&M invert you've been on? I never expected to hear that one... What other B&M Inverts have you been on? Why didn't you like Alpengeist? It's my favorite Invert, and I've been on Raptor at CP.

As for my most overrated coaster... I'm going to have to go with Top Thrill Dragster.

OMG I cant believe you could possibly say that about ALpie. It is easily my favorite invert of all times.

My overrated coaster was Kingda Ka, I was expecting a major adrenaline rush and it ended up being nothing to me. XLC was so much more intense and better.

I'm going to have to say Magnum XL-200. I was really looking forward to it due to its rave reviews (and the lack of negative reviews), and its similarities to Steel Force, which has always been one of my favorite coasters.

The ride ended up being painfully rough, the transitions were terrible, the lap bar wasn't at my lap (at all), and the airtime was awkward. I really didn't enjoy it at all.

SheiKra

I know its an awesome ride, but I kind of expected something a little longer, they had alot of potential for the area, and they come up with like a 12 seconds ride. Its not worth the wait but I ride it anyways, its super fun, but sort of an extreme let down at the same time.

Alpengeist was probably the biggest letdown I've had on a coaster. It was easily the worst B&M invert that I've been on. For such a huge ride I felt like it should have been so much better.

Wow, worst B&M invert you've been on? I never expected to hear that one... What other B&M Inverts have you been on? Why didn't you like Alpengeist? It's my favorite Invert, and I've been on Raptor at CP.

As for my most overrated coaster... I'm going to have to go with Top Thrill Dragster.

I have to go with Alpie as well and I have been on every Original Design invert in the country other then Patriot, Top Gun at Great America, and Silver Bullet.

Alpie was just big and basically forceless to me. No intensity whatsoever. My favorite invert is Raptor and the Original Batman at SFGAM.

As for MF, it's not my cup of tea at all but I have never scene a coaster that garners that kind of reaction from the GP. Evry train is going nuts when it gets to the unload station. The GP loves the thing more then anything else.

I'm going to go with X. The ride was billed as revolutionary, and I feel that spinning seats do not equal revolutionary.

Other overrated rides:

SROS@SFNE (barely)

Hulk

Stock Gerstlauer spinners (Pandemonium, Spinning Dragons, THBS, etc.)

About SROS: It's overrated. That does NOT mean that it isn't a world-class ride. It just doesn't deserve the hype. I feel that it is the second-best steel in the world, after Kumba.

VIPER @ SFGADV. It came around when I was a young teenager. The coils made it look so cool in person but really that was the only blip of a ride. It was way too short and banked terribly. Thank goodness it's gone.

I'm going to have to say Magnum XL-200. I was really looking forward to it due to its rave reviews (and the lack of negative reviews), and its similarities to Steel Force, which has always been one of my favorite coasters.

The ride ended up being painfully rough, the transitions were terrible, the lap bar wasn't at my lap (at all), and the airtime was awkward. I really didn't enjoy it at all.

That is what I continually got from this ride over 3 visits spaced throughout this last decade. Does it have something against we Northeasters because I don't see what the deal with the ride is?

I feel that it is the second-best steel in the world, after Kumba.

Do you not feel that calling Kumba the best steel coaster in the world is over-hyping or overrating it? I'm a huge Kumba fanboy and I wouldn't even dare say that it is the best steel coaster in the world.

^^^Legend...hyped? Now, as many here will confirm, I'm a total Holiday World fanboy, but I don't even like The Legend!

Raven, on the other hand, is THE most over-hyped coaster I've ever ridden...IMO, that is.

^^^Legend...hyped? Now, as many here will confirm, I'm a total Holiday World fanboy, but I don't even like The Legend!

When we went to Holiday World all we heard about it was, "OMG RAVEN IS AWESOME!!! TOP THREE!!! BUT LEGEND IS EVEN BETTER!!!!!!!!"

So it was a horrendous disappointment... it was only a notch above the kiddie coaster!