El Toro: needs a "better ending"

I305: "Underwhelming"

...I'll just find somewhere else to post

So it begins. . .

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wild Eagle. Fun, great views, but not very forceful (which is what DW probably wanted). Lightning Rod seems like the antidote, look forward to riding it.

Talon at Dorney. Definitely not the same style as the Batmen clones or Raptor at Cedar Pt.

Steel Forceless, also at Dorney.

Silver Bullet at Knotts, so much potential ...

Realize answers are suggestive but my vote is for Shivering Timbers (*sorry*) at Michigan's Adventure. Beautiful coaster to look at but riding it was so meh.

Did you ride it in the front seat?

If not, you missed out big time. We rode once in the front and once towards the back and the differences were amazing. Front seat all the way while riding the pine, baby!

Realize answers are suggestive but my vote is for Shivering Timbers (*sorry*) at Michigan's Adventure. Beautiful coaster to look at but riding it was so meh.

If not, you missed out big time. We rode once in the front and once towards the back and the differences were amazing. Front seat all the way while riding the pine, baby!

Yes, was fortunate to ride front. I don't think it's a horrible coaster by any means, more so I went into it with too many expectations. Only rode it the once, so maybe my judgement isn't fair haha. Maybe on a future trip I'll think differently.

Based on some of the posts I've seen recently:

Maverick: "Forceless"

Banshee: "Headache machine"

The Raven: "One of the roughest coasters"

I can actually agree with Raven and Banshee when I rode them. Context could have been part of the issue though, as I rode Banshee on a fairly hot day where I was pretty dehydrated for parts of the day. It just felt sort of like the "heavy g force on loop" kind of thing and wasn't really all the hype. Raven was amazing but it was definitely one of the roughest woodies I've been on(although I'm sure it had something to do with the time we rode it as Voyage was running smoother than it so maybe it hadn't been retracked in a while).

On the other hand, anyone who thinks Maverick is forceless is either delusional or rode it in the front row in the rain or something.

I do like Raven and Banshee, I just don't think they deserve the hype. Just my two cents.

THIS! Front seat on Shivering Timbers is definitely the way to go to get maximum enjoyment out of that coaster! I've never had a "meh" experience riding it there yet!

Yes, was fortunate to ride front. I don't think it's a horrible coaster by any means, more so I went into it with too many expectations. Only rode it the once, so maybe my judgement isn't fair haha. Maybe on a future trip I'll think differently.

Maybe that was it then as I went in with low expectations considering many on here had said that it was really rough and violent. I found the front to be fairly smooth with fun pops of airtime on every hill. When we rode it the second time in another seat though....yikes.

^Did you ride it since the re-tracking of the ending helix? I was impressed by how much smoother it was last year after that had been done! Now, I find the trick-track part on the return to be the only really rough part, though back rows and the rear of the train still are definitely "rougher" than the front.

^Ill respectfully disagree. Even after being away for over a year and riding rides like Maverick, Phantoms Revenege, Millennium Force and I-305 and thinking maybe El Toro isn't all that compared to these, I went back on a 90 degree day in seat 6-2 and it was still right there with the best. It could use some retracking in the turnaround but I think in the right conditions it's still in the conversation for best in the world IMO.

X2. It was an alright ride, but still not what I was expecting hearing people talk about it. I was sort of disappointed by it.

This one grows on you, I think. The more I've ridden it the more I become convinced that it's one of the best coasters out there. Period.

I also think you can really only get a fair opinion of a ride if you don't have to actually wait for it (and we go to Magic Mountain when the park is dead). Any time you have to wait more than half an hour to get on a coaster, you're going to want a truly killer experience to make up for all that boredom and discomfort you just went through.

X2. It was an alright ride, but still not what I was expecting hearing people talk about it. I was sort of disappointed by it.

I think X2 is greatly more well received among people who are not enthusiasts. I never hear many enthusiasts really say anything good about it. For me it was one and done.

I also think you can really only get a fair opinion of a ride if you don't have to actually wait for it (and we go to Magic Mountain when the park is dead). Any time you have to wait more than half an hour to get on a coaster, you're going to want a truly killer experience to make up for all that boredom and discomfort you just went through.

As crazy as it sounds, I think there is something to this. Rides seem to be a little more appreciated when you don't have a magic wrist band or pocket computer to take you to the front of the line every time.

All of the 4D S&S spins SF are calling the Joker

In order for something to be overrated it would need to be highly regarded. Most enthusiasts do nothing but b*tch about these things even though I have no clue why because I thoroughly enjoy them. I would actually consider them to be underrated. Even if you think they suck then they wouldn't be "overrated" they would be "appropriately rated" since all anyone does is complain about them.

• 5 months later...

Id have to say the Beast at KI. While the first drop was fun i don't remember much after that....If i remember it was more twisty track then hills. I do remember that forceful helix in the middle though. That was kinda fun but i preferred bunny hops and air time hills...Its fun but not in my top 10 what so ever

^ Someone rode it during the day.

I will add in a vote for Banshee being overrated. I enjoy it but I definitely don't rank it very highly compared to other inverts I've been on, and I'd venture to say there are several other coasters at the park I'd rank above it. I found it rattly in the back, and I normally don't complain about stuff like that. It's better at night but I just don't see the hype.