TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Everland Discussion Thread

^ Is it you who have done it?

Much of the layout isn't correct. and I haven't seen any info or pictures that is supporting your 90° turn.

Anyway, we now have trains on site, and it looks that it will use the same train as El Toro and because of that I would guess on U bars. I think we know better (if they take pictures) when the pull through is being done.

www.themepark21.com/t-express/

Is it just me or does the second hill look rather tall compared to the first drop? The difference in height doesn't look that much different which will affect the amount of airtime. I know El Toro has about a 60 foot difference in the drop and the second hill, but I don't think this is anywhere near 60 feet.

I noticed the same thing about that second hill. it looks rather tall - much taller than El Toro's 2 hills. It may actually provide less air at that point. The more i see it, the more i dislike that first half of the ride. Im sure the second half will be Balder like bliss... but that first half looks sorta pointless to me. I de rather have some EL Toro - double hill action instead.

• 2 weeks later...

My God.

There's a whole lotta coaster there.

I kind of like that second hill--the one that's about as tall as the lift--It's almost like there's two big drops in one ride. Seems like there'll be a nice little slow crest over the top, followed by that steep drop for the whip in the back seat. From what I remember in the promo video, the ride's long enough to provide plenty of air during the rest of the circuit.

It's amazing how fast they get these things up these days.

^I was having problems with the video...maybe its just cause I'm using a school computer? It seems like it's loading but it's not playing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The ride closed for 6 weeks of "renovations" in january and it hasn't been reopened since...

I was at Everland at the end of march and they were having a rough time! Rolling X Train was getting repainted/track work and Eagle Fortress station was covered in plastic tarps.

From what I heard from a korean friend, the ride failed an inspection and according to screamscape, may not run at all this year.

Yeah, basically I heard bad news as well...they're still evaluating whether to scrap the ride entirely or use this down time to finally get the rumored new trains.

Obviously I'd prefer the new trains, but I still think there's a really good chance we'll never have the awesomeness of 'real' Eagle's Fortress again.

I just *had* to edit my original post, I couldn't bare the bad grammar (even if I did make the post 3 years ago).

So it looks like the future of this ride is uncertain now, that's a real shame to be honest. Especially considering it only started getting attention when T-express was built.

Where would these new trains be coming from? Vekoma?

I think they'll come from Vekoma, like the Vekoma suspended trains on Chessington's suspended coaster.

However it's a really bad news for us. I'd love to ride Eagle Fortress someday, but if it will close forever, we will cry the disappearance of one of the most awesome coasters on earth.

Why can't we save it? ACE did a similar thing with Leap the Dips, so it stands to reason why the coaster community can't pitch in here as well.

Probably because so few of us will be able to go over and ride it. I'm sure if the ridership was there they would do everything they could, but I don't see a bunch of coaster enthusiasts in a country far away carrying a whole lot of weight in their decisions.

Should we start a letter-writing campaign? "Save Eagle Fortress"?

Seriously, the #2 coaster in the world shouldn't be scrapped! Why can't we save it? ACE did a similar thing with Leap the Dips, so it stands to reason why the coaster community can't pitch in here as well.

That would never work. The ride is tearing itself apart. The maintenance is very expensive. The ride will be saved if it makes financial sense. No letter writing is going to change that.

The video of the ride speaks for itself. The ride clearly pushes the limits of what an Arrow suspended coaster can do. Which like Bob said, also means maintenance is expensive. Hopefully new trains or some other re-design can save it.