1. 1. Smoker or Non-Smoker

• Smofilled with medicine and goo
    • Non-Smofilled with medicine and goo
    • Other form of Tobacco or Nicotine

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Non-Smoker...I guess I take after my mom...I can't even eat or drink infront of a ash tray..

I took one of my dads Newport cigarettes while he was sleeping when I was like 12, I guess I was curious...I lit it...took a puff and was gagging..he woke up and slapped me in the back of the head...from then on, I hate cigarettes lol.

I'm with Barry and Coasterexpert13, I am a non-smoker and always will be. I can't stand to be near anything or anyone that smells like smoke. I live in Carmel, IN, where we just started a smoking ban in all restaurants in Hamilton County. I like the new change.

I'm just a second hand smoker

I am anti-smoking bans and am pretty supportive of "legalize it", at least for marijuanna.

While I agree that smokers have a right to destroy their health as they see fit, I don't think that smoking indoors in public places is necessary. Despite what Penn & Teller claim, there is decent empirical evidence that second-hand smoke is harmful. A person's individual rights only extend so far as to not harm others.

I'm just a second hand smoker

I am anti-smoking bans and am pretty supportive of "legalize it", at least for marijuanna.

While I agree that smokers have a right to destroy their health as they see fit, I don't think that smoking indoors in public places is necessary. Despite what Penn & Teller claim, there is decent empirical evidence that second-hand smoke is harmful. A person's individual rights only extend so far as to not harm others.

Let's ban cell phones then. I'm sure we'll find out their harmful in some way.

I think this generation is too ban-happy. Trans-fats, smoking, fireworks, sodas in schools.... The list goes on and on. America... becoming the land of funsuckers and health nuts.

Notice so far I'm the only smoker to publicly state that I do so....

Let's ban cell phones then. I'm sure we'll find out their harmful in some way.

I think this generation is too ban-happy. Trans-fats, smoking, fireworks, sodas in schools.... The list goes on and on. America... becoming the land of funsuckers and health nuts.

Note that I don't support banning smoking outright, only in indoor public places. I shouldn't have to risk a lung tumor just to go out to a bar or restaurant. It's also highly unfair to non-smokers who work in such establishments.

As someone with a chronic lung condition, I can very well tell you that being in an enclosed space with the presence of lots of smoke causes me to get short of breathe and in some cases triggers a coughing spasm.

California has had a ban on smoking in restaurants, clubs, and bars for some time now, and I cannot begin to tell you how much better it is. Really, the only thing I have to worry about is walking out of a crowded venue and hitting the wall of smoke from the people who stepped outside.

People should be allowed to do what they want to their bodies, but it still depresses me that individuals would willingly ruin their lungs for something so insignificant.

I'm not a big fan of debating my right to smoke, and my views on it, other than to say that I'm highly considerate as much as is possible. But just to put it on record, I'm vote number 2 for the smokers in the poll.