TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Yeah...another Sheikra video however...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool: the water element looks awesome! For some reason I thought the vertical drops would be longer. *shrugs* Good video, good POV! (maybe a mention of the screaming guy in the credits? "Onride 'Ohmygawd I was so scared!' Commentary - Xxxxx" lol)

Nice re-edit... I quite enjoyed the cuts, and the multiple angles of the vertical drops were a nice touch. I like when a videographer focuses on the major elements of a ride in an edit.

The POV segments were very good as well.

MORE!

I rode twice last week with my camera but decided not to film a POV. Mostly because after waiting 90 mins I just wanted to enjoy my ride instead of focusing on stealth ninja camera skills.

The web filter at work won't let me watch your vid so I'll have to wait untill I get back home.

OT, SheiKra was my #400! Woot!

dang i missed the chance to download this video! Can any one send it me either via another link or over msn thanking you jon

Oh made plans to go back to Busch Gardens in July. CANT wait to ride Sheikra! Oblivion looks pants now ive seen this! Ive ridden Oblivion many times and find it cool but its like 30 seconds max. Cant complain tho because it seems to always have a 5 minute queue when i go.

Thanks jon

sh0.jpg.88e6df3b779084b04bd436844b29dcdd.jpg

Its HUUUGE!

Same here - I kinda disregarded this topic when it first rolled around because I didn't realize it was an actual "good" video (as opposed to those horrid "one guy with a camera standing in one spot shooting what little bits and pieces of the coaster he can get in one take" videos).

If you get a chance to get it back online, please give a shout-out (or at least a PM!).

Luckly I had uploaded again last night because I thought I sent it to a friend of mines but apparently I didnt so HERE it is again.

Mulchpuppy, shame on you for doubting the video!!

I try to only showcase the best videos I can possibly make!

I want to thank you guys for the feedback you just dont know how much it means to my progress to become proficient as possible!

Jarvis "Thinking about uploading my very, very cool video of "Jokers Jinx" that features several climatic Plot twist and more..." Morant

^^^^look, I didn't pay attention to who the author of the post was, so all I saw was "another Sheikra video with something different." For all I knew, that coulda meant it was Sheikra getting attacked by flying wootah heads from the Fourth Dimension or something.

Okay, maybe THAT would have been worth a look.

So now that I've seen it. Damn. That looks like a hella lotta fun. I don't care much for the little tunnel thing on the second drop - it doesn't really look like it's menacing at all, and I like to be menaced on my coasters...

As far as the edit goes, I see where previous folks have mentioned that they weren't big on the "pausing a moment before the coaster enters the frame" thing. I'm in that camp, but it could very easily be that I'm just not getting exactly what you're doing in those shots - you mentioned something earlier about wanting the coaster to "dance" with the music. I think i get what you mean (we did the same thing (by total accident) in our video - wait, I mean it was totally on purpose!), but I'm not quite getting it visually. I'll write that off as my own inability, not yours.

As far as using the effects go...while I'm not a fan of most of those things, I really liked the transitional effect you used to go into the POV and out of it. I usually write those things off as laziness on the creator's part, but in this case you have a clear reason to utilize it. Maybe I should clarify a bit - I hate the effect, but you made me like it. Curse you!

And you're still dodging the "how the hell did you get a camera onto it" question.

And you're still dodging the "how the hell did you get a camera onto it" question.

The answer is here...

I know its hard to totally get the "dancing" thing but if you notice the coaster enters on the beat. I could see if it was like 5 secs of nothing then the coaster but its like one sec.

Oh yeah and my bestfriend said that apparently there is mist (smoke as he called it lol lol) that is in the tunnel so it may be a better experience with that...

But hey, thanks for you guys responses!!

::drool::

Very nicely done. I especially enjoyed the POV, including the guy screaming for mercy before the vertical drop. It's really too bad i'm not gonna get the chance to ride this baby for a while . Anyway, I'm not gonna bother repeating other comments, I'll just say it was a great video, in my opinion.