TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Yeah...another Sheikra video however...

Hey i finish editing a video of Shiekra and I want to share it w/ you guys. Its pretty good, in my opinion, and I would love your feedback, comments, or suggestions.

Please do not download it if you dont plan on giving me some type of feedback comments or suggestions. That site has limited downloading and I would like it to be reserved for people who are going to give some feedback comments or suggestions (for the third time )

Here was the link but its expired now...

Shame on you for just now trying to download it!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice video and good selection for music on this ride...

Whoa, a POV, How did you get past those strict Busch ops? On topic, the video was awesome and it makes me want to ride this thing more.

... Great, now you got Shakira and SheiKra stuck in my head...

Sweet Video!

I like the idea of the Music: Shakira - Sheikra!

Really good video editing. This really got me excited riding it in July.

I am going in July, do you think the queue's for it will be big? Because i hope to go on it multiple times. And what is the best seat?

Wow,

Sheikra looks so awesome. I really like the water part on that ride. Your video, and the POV part, mixed with the Shakira music is GREAT. All in all good job!

However, one question! Is this coaster called: Sheikra or Shiekra? I think Sheikra is right, but you wrote Shiekra!? :shock:

--Soeren

That's a really good video. Wonderful POV as well.

Though the guy talking on that thing reminded me of those awful coaster specials on the Discovery Channel, where they have people talking while they're riding. "And this is where whaaaaaagh!...haha, l love this ride!"

Spare me...

Good video - I would of liked it more if the music was played through the whole clip, rather than the 'commentary' on the POV part

However I did notice that the 3 row on each train is horizontal rather than vertical like the front 2 rows when held of the first drop brake.

Not sure if that's a good or bad thing :o

Paul 'At least its a longer ride than Oblivion' Chapman

Good video! Some really great shots in there, and nice use of music!

Here are a couple of comments though since you asked for feedback:

1. You seem to hold for a while on shots of empty track. This is a little pet peeve of mine, but there were a few shots where you looked at blank track for at least a second either before something happened or after. IMO, a shot is a LOT more powerful when you have action on the screen almost immediatly after you switch to a shot of a coaster.

2. The sound quality on the onride is terrible. As is most audio during POV's. (Trust me, ours isn't much better at all.) One of the main reasons why I think the 'music video' is such an obvious choice for most coaster video makers is that, unless you have VERY high end, high quality recording devices, the ambient noise you get a most amusement parks is just that...."noise" So using music helps drown out what is normally fairly poor raw audio. Discovery Channel and other professional production companies can get away with it...sometimes...because they have the proper equipment to shield the distorted noise of the wind, and usually have their talent on the ride rigged with a mic. IMO, if you don't have either of these, don't use the raw audio from a coaster POV.

3. I've never been a big fan on "Premiere filters" but a lot of people seem to like them. So this is a comment just based on my opnions.

Anyway, great video! Looking forward to strapping our lipstick camera on the ride next week!

--Robb

However I did notice that the 3 row on each train is horizontal rather than vertical like the front 2 rows when held of the first drop brake.

Not sure if that's a good or bad thing :o

Paul 'At least its a longer ride than Oblivion' Chapman

It's not a bad thing at all. I rode it Friday for the second media day (which was pretty much ERT!) and I thought the same thing when they starting test running it at 5am and noticed that. Actually, because it doesn't face vertical during the first drop, it flings you over the edge and down, which produces much loved air-time! The front of the coaster is great for obvious reasons, but the back row gives you that lift on the drops and during the Immelman (IMO the seat closest to the gates in the back is the best)!

cool video... The guy who kept talking in the video.. Sounded like a loser....

Hahaha...yeah, sounds like a gay black guy to me. Made me laugh the first time.

Sorry if thats you Jarmor...

Noo that wasn’t me!! But it was a gay black guy… he was soo annoying in the line also. I hate when people think they know soo much about coasters the things he was saying I was like thinking, “shut the hell up prick!”

Wow! Awesome video! High quality camera that makes the skies stand out...what is it?

it’s a JVC GZ -MC200 camcorder. When I first got the cam I was skeptical because of the size and things like that (not to mention the high price). I was ready to take it back but once I started using it I realized how great the quality was. You should see the DVD’s I have produced, man the quality is soo professional like.

Your right rob, but I wanted to show the guest reactions but I think im gonna go back and only play the raw footage right before the drop then the music. And as far as the couple seconds I wanted the coaster to “dance” w/ the music that’s why the train entered on the beat of the music. Apparently that doesn’t work lol lol.

I want to thank you guys for the feedback! Keep it comming!!

cool video... The guy who kept talking in the video.. Sounded like a loser....

Hahaha...yeah, sounds like a gay black guy to me. Made me laugh the first time.

Sorry if thats you Jarmor...

Noo that wasn’t me!! But it was a gay black guy… he was soo annoying in the line also. I hate when people think they know soo much about coasters the things he was saying I was like thinking, “shut the hell up prick!”

Oh wow i'm good...

ALright I went back and did some minor tweeking to the video. I changed the style of the POV and only kept it raw for the brake holding segment and did some minor changes to the last half. End result+more music! less "wiiiiiiissshhhhhh"

HERE is the updated version!