TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

@ sam06pr:

Its possible, but I'll believe it when its official.

Oh, and just to let you know, Alpengeist isn't technically a hypercoaster, its really close, but it only stands at 195 feet tall (170 foot drop), so it is just too short to be classified as a hyper. Still its ridiculously tall for a invert.

Ah, thanks for correcting me. For some reason I thought it was five feet over 200, not five feet under. But now that you said that I can't think of why I thought so...

I wasn't thinking straight, so I sincerely apologize. I'm sure the next five pages will consist of my being corrected. One mistake, sorry.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From TowersTimes Website:

It could mark the start of a new era for the park - one of significant and immersive theming; following parks such as Phantasialand, Universal, and Disney!

The creatures and machines concepts, in particular, show that there is some really imaginative work going on behind the scenes at Merlin Studios.

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/history/plans/2010.htm

concept3.jpg.bb5abf0298a47c6c82597426b980ef8f.jpg

concept2.jpg.ad1a1251a91e7d34b60b68bd80a25d87.jpg

concept1.jpg.043b91d31c7f184d663fff3fd0ebb923.jpg

In the first pic. Those trains look like Millinum Flyers. Maybe they are getting a new GCI woodie.

I think it's an unique direction to take the park. Phantasia is ultra-themed, which makes an unique experience. Same with Disney.

I just hope they make the theming quality and not some cheap garage sale looking place. I'm sure they won't, though.

--James

man if its the Robo-Arm coaster than i might just have to hit up the parks of Britain in the next year or two!

I may be talking out of my poop chute here, but I don't think we will see a Robocoaster on an actual coaster anytime soon. The electronics and technology that would have to be involved in such a project would cost a fortune. It would essentially require the entire track to be lined with sensors that tell the arms on each car what to do because they can't just give them one program that starts right out of the station. Coasters run at different lap times depending on what the weather/temperature/weight is like so they'd have to be able to adjust the program to compensate for this. Not to mention, look at the 4th dimension coasters... the seats are rigidly attached but the ride is still significantly rough (going by reports). A robocoaster "coaster" would have to be fairly mild to be enjoyable because the seats would be attached to a non-rigid robotic arm.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but that it would cost an insane amount of money to orchestrate a project of that nature. Disney or Universal might be able to pull it off, but I sincerely doubt Merlin would fork out the cash. That would set a pretty high precedent within the company. I know that Kuka had a robocoaster arm set up on a coaster car at IAAPA a few years ago, but I have to think that was more of an attention-grabbing gimmick than anything. Again, maybe I'm totally wrong, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

Heck, assuming this new land comes to fruition, I'll be excited if they just set up Robocoaster arms like what is shown in the artwork! Those things are freakin' awesome when set on the most intense program.

As far as Kuka arms are concerned, isn't it out of the question for anyone besides Universal anyways? When Universal got the rights to Harry Potter, they also scored a 10 year contract with Kuka for the exclusive use of Kuka's arms in a theme park setting for the next ten years. Of course there are already Kuka arms in place in theme park settings, but I don't believe we will be seeing any new arms show up at parks for another 9 years.

Or was that Kuka contract just a rumor?

From What I Gather (and all of this is unconfirmed, but . . . )

As far as Six Flags Great America is concerned- here's the chatter I've heard while at the park, and on various sites like Screamscape and such:

2009: Splash Battle (Deja Vu site)

2010: Relocation of Go-Karts- new Hurricane Harbor expansion onto former Go-Karts/Spaceship America Site.

2011: New Coaster. I have heard everything from Dive Machine (however this one is supposed to have a first of a kind element- don't know if it's a corkscrew or a modified vertical loop ((which is why the delay from next year or '10 because B&M are supposedly 'tweaking it engineering wise))) or

Removal of Iron Wolf/Whizzer (not both) for a Tony-Hawk like coaster.

I (surprisingly to me anyway) enjoyed Tony Hawk at SFSTL immensely and wish we would have gotten that instead of Dark Knight (THUD!!! )(which I am secretly trying to sell to someone on E-Bay), BUT I really don't want to wait another two years to get something less than a new big coaster- it's been way too long since we've added a Thrill-Coaster.

These are the biggest rumors i have heard in the last year

Magic Kingdom will receive two new parades in 2009.

Parade Of Dreams from Disneyland & Fantillusions from Disneyland Paris. The rumor was originally 2010 but decided to go earlier. This is also why the Liberty Square bridge will be down. They need to beef up the bridge to hold some of the new floats which are larger & heaver than the current running parade floats. Now the two parades could still be pushed back till 2010 but most likely it will be 2009 since the bridge is already going under construction.

It was also rumored that Illuminations at Epcot would be completely re-worked in 2010 with a lot more fire, water effects & lasers but that might have been moved up along with the parades but could be 2010.

Also a small rumor has also started working its way around that Animal Kingdom will receive a new Parade in 2011 or 2012 OR will just receive new floats to represent the Beastly Kingdom area.

If & when Beastly Kingdom is built Festival of the Lion King will make its home in Africa in a new theatre. The train to Planet Watch will be removed to expand the park and make it a walking trail to Planet Watch. This will also make room for the new Lion King Theatre.

Some of the Craziest rumors I've heard:

1. Coasters will break the 400 mark

2. KI will get a B&M

3. Vekoma will try and make their rides smooth with new trains and wheels

4. Six Flags will go under

5. Intamin Will Make a Woodie

Some of the Craziest rumors I've heard:

1. Coasters will break the 400 mark

2. KI will get a B&M

3. Vekoma will try and make their rides smooth with new trains and wheels

4. Six Flags will go under

5. Intamin Will Make a Woodie

1. If you mean height. There are already many coasters that broke 400. (TTD, KK, Superman: The Escape)

2. Intamin already made a few woodies (El Torro, Balder, Collosos....etc)

--James