TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SeaWorld San Diego will be getting an Intamin launch coaster (LSM) called Manta next year.

If this is true, then that stupid woman on the city council must have died! LOL

Donna Frye? Her term was up on December 6th. If everything stays on course demolition/construction will be begin by spring.

2014 will be the park's 50th anniversary, and they are already hinting that they are planning something special for that year.

SeaWorld San Diego will be getting an Intamin launch coaster (LSM) called Manta next year.

If this is true, then that stupid woman on the city council must have died! LOL

Donna Frye? Her term was up on December 6th. If everything stays on course demolition/construction will be begin by spring.

2014 will be the park's 50th anniversary, and they are already hinting that they are planning something special for that year.

So wait I'm confused. Is the Intamin Launch for next year, or 2014?

Also, the rumor I heard was that it's a Mack launch, not Intamin. Interesting...

^ I think the new ride is for 2011, and then there will be something else new for 2014 for their 50th.

As for the coaster, I havent heard either way, I didnt even know that this had happened! Down with Donna!!

It could very well end up being a Mack Launch, cause at IAAPA they said the west coast is getting a Launched Mack.

Screamscape has posted what appear to be plans for a new launched coaster for Sea World California with a "Manta" theme. Lance also seems to think we're looking at a Mack launcher. However Calicoasters seems certain it's Intamin, so we'll see. If this is true I am ecstatic that this park is finally getting the coaster they have been trying to build for a decade!

Screamscape has posted what appear to be plans for a new launched coaster for Sea World California with a "Manta" theme. Lance also seems to think we're looking at a Mack launcher. However Calicoasters seems certain it's Intamin, so we'll see. If this is true I am ecstatic that this park is finally getting the coaster they have been trying to build for a decade!

Looking over the Ride Clearance Envelope again I am starting to think this could be a Mack. My original Intamin assumption came from the ride's layout, the track shape, and the fact that SEA is working with Intamin on similar projects. The seat shape and front railings do look very much like Blue Fire's.

Also from the plans I've seen, it looks like there will be an indoor section before the first launch possibly for some theatrics and such.

^By the logic you suggest, then another Intamin should be on the way to another park, and a Moser tower as well. And by that same logic, when should we expect to see new dueling GCI's and another dark ride a la DarKastle show up at one of the Busch/SeaWorld parks? Past purchases really don't follow that model, except for a few B&Ms.

Observation and rumor don't make something true; contracts and projects coming to fruition do.

I took a look at the post on Screamscape and I believe that it could be either Mack OR Intamin. The train rendering looks different than most Intamin trains, although it could be similar to the trains that will be on Cheetah at Busch (I'm not sure). At Screamscape, he wrote that the trains could include some thematic elements to it, (Manta Ray) which would be similar to Cheetah also. The supposed multiple launch would also again, be another similarity to an Intamin project vs. a Mack.

I would like to see either though, I think any new development would be beneficial to SeaWorld California because of their general lack of thrilling attractions as compared to their sister parks.