TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

A lot of people know about the B&M concept for next year, but this is interesting...

2011 - Roller Coaster - Rumor - (5/2/10) I’ve heard an interesting rumor claiming that the rumored prototype B&M coaster going to Gardaland may end up being even more of a “test track” than I had thought. The location of the park itself has come into play since it is only about a 4.5 hour drive from B&M’s headquarters Monthey, Switzerland. This close distance will allow for B&M to come onsite often as they work on this new concept, which may be done in two phases.

The first version of the new ride concept is still said to be somewhat like an S&S 4th Dimension coaster, but without the spinning seats, so I’m guessing it may end up being more similar to Intamin’s WingWalker design that so far has only been built once at PortAventura as Furius Baco. In B&M’s case, I’ve heard that they may very well want to produce their own version of the 4D concept, complete with spinning seats, but wanted to build a non-spinning prototype version of the train first. The goal here is to not only perfect a new train/track pairing design, but to also gather all the practical G-force and Accelerometer data from this new train deisgn before trying to implement any kind of crazy spinning seats.

So what is Gardaland getting out of this special arrangement? Not only do they get to have B&M’s first new prototype coaster design and all the eyeballs around the world that will follow it’s development, but I’ve heard that the park will be getting this ride for a cost not too much more than the cost of materials and labor. Of course this last part is only a rumor, and nothing anyone would ever likely verify as these kinds of deals are very secretive.

Super cheap, but a total prototype. This is a great opportunity for a park like Gardaland, but it could end up badly for them if this rumor is true. Due to the fact that the coaster is a prototype the layout is much more likely to suck, but if this goes well for them this is a great deal for them.

I'm taking you nicked this from Screamscape?

As for the rumours at Wonderland, I dunno about the Giga, I mean it sounds great, but isn't it still too soon with Behemoth still insanely popular?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was digging through some old posts I've made and stumbled across something I posted in September. Maybe this has something to do with CW's new for 2011 addition.

CW could be getting something huge in 2011...

2010~ Blue Splash/ Planet Snoopy (3 new rides) 2011~ Something Faster, Higher 2009~Halloween Haunt expansion

@CWMania, your foroums have it all wrong for 2010/ 2011 additions. Think blue for 2010 and think higher and faster for 2011.

"I'm a roller coaster junkie, If I could I would have them in my room. I like going FASTER, HIGHER. You will appreciate it"

Not sure if this is legit but I found this on Twitter not too long ago...

Clicky

EDIT: I've realized that clicking the link takes you to a different Twitter page from the original... I'm working to fix that.

Honestly, I don't see any reason for Canada's Wonderland to need anything bigger or faster. The park has a stellar B&M hyper in Behemoth and three different launched coasters. I see no reason for the park to invest in anything higher or faster. Rather than play the game of statistics, I'd like to see the park get something that could be different for it, like a Maverick-style coaster, or dare I say it, an AquaTrax. Then again, I would be more than happy to see it get a GCI woodie instead.

So there's a good chance #18 could be replacing the long gone 1st generation Intamin freefall at a certain park bordering a large lake in Ohio. And there's a good chance it will be the same manufacturer as that departed ride. And there's a good chance it'll fit on that plot of land and use the old electric building from previously mentioned ride. That's all I'll offer for now.

From Screamscape about Valleyfair rumors for 2011...

2011 - Kiddieland / Planet Snoopy - Rumor - (5/12/10) According to a new rumor Valleyfair may be planning on bringing a new kiddie area to the park for the 2011 season, along with a new family coaster experience. I’m going to go out on the limb here and guess that we will likely see Planet Snoopy dropping into Valleyfair as this is now the only park in the Cedar Fair chain to not have Snoopy and the rest of the Peanuts gang out in force. As for the new coaster, our source seemed to think that Mild Thing may possibly be phased out to make way for the new coaster, so perhaps the new Planet Snoopy area could be focused around this area of the park.

Makes sense, so this might mean that the rumored coaster will be pushed back until at least 2012. VF has a fairly meh children's section (Half Pint Park and Kidworks). This also means a return of the Peanuts characters since the removal of Camp Snoopy in 2006.

Honestly, I don't see any reason for Canada's Wonderland to need anything bigger or faster. The park has a stellar B&M hyper in Behemoth and three different launched coasters. I see no reason for the park to invest in anything higher or faster. Rather than play the game of statistics, I'd like to see the park get something that could be different for it, like a Maverick-style coaster, or dare I say it, an AquaTrax. Then again, I would be more than happy to see it get a GCI woodie instead.

CW only has one launched coaster... Backlot.

So there's a good chance #18 could be replacing the long gone 1st generation Intamin freefall at a certain park bordering a large lake in Ohio. And there's a good chance it will be the same manufacturer as that departed ride. And there's a good chance it'll fit on that plot of land and use the old electric building from previously mentioned ride. That's all I'll offer for now.

Balder? JK

This is from someone that's never been there, I think they should go for something like a floorless or a rocket coaster instead of getting a more juiced up version of Behemoth just to give them a more "complete" coaster collection. Out of the 15 coasters they have, I've only heard consistently good reviews on Behemoth and Vortex, the rest being mediocre to bad or kiddie coasters.

• 2 months later...

According to Screamscape:

Anyone been by Waldameer Park lately? I’ve gotten a report from one reader claiming that the Ravine Flyer II has gotten very rough and is almost unbearable at this point. They also commented that there seemed to be a lot of unfriendly to children graffiti drawn on the walls of the queue by other guests. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Can anyone who's been there recently confirm or deny this?

I was at Waldameer in early June and I can tell you that unless something drastic happened in the last month, Ravine Flyer II is nowhere near rough. It gave me multiple great rides the day I was there. As for the graffiti, there is some graffiti in the Ravine Flyer II line, but nothing I would consider "obscene". Just a lot of kids saying " was here on ".

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I found this interesting. Remember Rainbow Magic Land? The new park in Italy? The park is opening with 4 coasters from Mauer and Vekoma, but in a photo posted on a blog update on NewsPlusNotes, you can clearly see some B&M on site.

Look in the upper left corner: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fT2KqDFga4Y/TEi03tTdqQI/AAAAAAAADEs/klmml9JDKFY/s1600/2.jpg

Are they getting a B&M as well?

That's good to hear. Hopefully those rumors are just baloney. I hadn't planned on going there this summer, but now I might have to make a trip up there.

Was on Screamscape today, and they said it was still pretty damned smooth, no doubt someone trying to stir the proverbial pot...

To reiterate what's already been said...

I decided to take a trip to Waldameer and ride RFII on Friday the 23rd. Yep, still incredibly smooth, and little to no graffiti (at least not anything you don't see at other parks...i.e. *insert name* was here on *insert date* ...as someone said before).

To reiterate what's already been said...

I decided to take a trip to Waldameer and ride RFII on Friday the 23rd. Yep, still incredibly smooth, and little to no graffiti (at least not anything you don't see at other parks...i.e. *insert name* was here on *insert date* ...as someone said before).

I was at Waldameer for my shop picnic yesterday and although I did see a couple spots of semi-obscene graffiti written in the queue, RFII still kicks tons of hiney and is trying desperately to nudge El Toro out of my #1 woodie spot!

Rode it in the fifth and last seat and it was just out of control fast with no roughness at all. Just a really, really great coaster experience - same as I remember every time I have ridden it in the past. Being this close to my house (less than an hour), I really need to make a point of getting out there more often. To have one of the best woodies in the country less than an hour from my house is a sin to not ride it at least ten times a season!

Back on the rumor topic, I was talking to a guy in the queue that used to work at CP, Kennywood and Geauga Lake over the years and he claimed that after GL closed, Waldameer was trying to buy Big Dipper, but the deal apparently fell through. He said he wouldn't be surprised to see it surface at another Cedar Fair park in the near future though.

I didn't know where to post this but there's a FAKE Facebook group that claims that the new coaster for Gardaland will be a flying coaster. This is not important; what's important is that they have posted this artwork I've posted below.

As soon as I saw it, this post on Screamscape about Efteling came to my mind:

Future Projects - (1/12/09) I have no idea how solid or wild this rumor if, but we’ve heard a quiet rumor that Efteling may be working on a plan to build a B&M Flyer with a Gargoyle theme. Anyone know more?

Can it be related?

Where did people get that artwork? It looks too good to be a complete fake.

bho.jpg.6081ec5f650969cefa1f8ed6f1d621b6.jpg

Flying coaster!