TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^But PA already has Dragon Khan. The similarities between the two would be too noticeable to GPs. Plus, I know that Stand Ups can't perform really intense inversions since passengers are standing on their feet.

Why building a limited model such a Stand up when you can have a crowd eater / pleaser like a DM or a hyper?

^I'm not saying that a stand up would be the best option, but I'd definately say it's a stong no. 2 out f the list (hyper being the first). Though there would be slight continuity issuses with Dragon Khan, if B&M experimented with new element designs, I think it really would rejuvenate the design.

I would think a Dive Machine would be more limiting with elements as well, considering the extra wide trains, and how all the current models all contain some combination of about 3 or four elements.

I'm not saying it wouldn't fit, or be a good option (I'm looking forward to Griffon next year), but I don't think element restrictions for DM or standups seem like super valid reasons to exclude them from consideration.

However it turns out, I'll certainly be interested. Port Aventura has fascinated me for a couple years now.

How about an inverted stand up? Not feet dangling free but something to stand on, like the normal stand up, bicycle seat, etc but in an inverted version. Is that even possible? Forces would not be an issue because the layout could be designed around that but just imagine, standing under the track! I think that would be wild!

How about an inverted stand up? Not feet dangling free but something to stand on, like the normal stand up, bicycle seat, etc but in an inverted version. Is that even possible? Forces would not be an issue because the layout could be designed around that but just imagine, standing under the track! I think that would be wild!

Here's a little bit of trivia for y'all. Back when Arrow's XLR-8 was being designed for AstroWorld, stand-up coasters were just starting to be introduced. Well some big-wig in the Six Flags organization though that is would be a good idea if that ride could be converted into a stand-up ride, so there was enough clearance to the supports, ground and anything else to clear the additional length to fit a standing passenger coach. This was also the early days of Six Flags' ride rotation policy, so all the footings for the supports were set at a common elevation to facilitate a move to another "flat" site. Being a young guy at the time, I questioned both decisions since (1) to me part of the fun of the suspended ride is swinging close to stationary objects, which were placed farther away for the stand-up clearance and (2) I remember that there was a boat ride or something under XLR-8 and we spent a lot of effort to avoid that and I figured that there probably was not another site like that anywhere. Anyway, when I heard that AstroWorld was closing, I thought about how "easy" it would be to move that ride somewhere and make it a stand-up, but unfortunately neither thing happened.

While on rcdb today I noticed the 'New For 2011' section was already up. I clicked on it and found four new coasters going to Rainbow MagicLand, which apparantly is a new park opening in 2011. I'm assuming this is very recent news as I haven't heard, read or found anything on it.

The four coasters are a Vekoma Mine Train, Vekoma Junior Coaster, Maurer Sohne X-Car with an LSM, and an enclosed Maurer Sohne Spinning Coaster.

http://www.rcdb.com/5627.htm

Sounds like a very promising park already, can't wait to find some more news on this!

• 2 weeks later...
^But PA already has Dragon Khan. The similarities between the two would be too noticeable to GPs. Plus, I know that Stand Ups can't perform really intense inversions since passengers are standing on their feet.

Why building a limited model such a Stand up when you can have a crowd eater / pleaser like a DM or a hyper?

I have to beg to differ. Magic mountian has a stand up and a sit down (floorless) looping coaster that are totally different. And if anything a hyper is as limited as you can get. All it is is a bunch of hills and helix. One last thing, if you look, basically all B&M coasters have the same seating capacity so I really dont think that would be an issue...

• 2 weeks later...

At first I must say it is not a rumor anymore, but this might be the right topic to mention it - don´t know wether you have been discussed that in the past:

Universal planed a great Park in Germany for 2006 - on time to the start of the soccer WM 2006!

Here you can find an article of the bad ending process:

www.coastersandmore.de/rides/iec/iecmain.shtml (only in german)

(I can´t figure out, how it would be translated for you)

But here is an article of the project size by the TreeAG (www.tree-ag.de):

2054705155_UniversalParkGermany-TreeAG.png.899e1c39d12633506d1fcb67e63d8bf4.png

So I´m sad, that it never had be realized...

There was another theme park planned for Arizona, I think it was called Coyote Canyon or something similar. I'm pretty sure it was "announced" (not officially, but a rumor) sometime during Fall of 2008. Another Arizona amusement park forgotten about...

• 2 months later...

A Radio station in Barrie Ontario announced this week that Disney had apparently purchased land at or neat the old Molson Park in Barrie Ontario. They DJ then continued to talk about how this would be a perfect site to compete with Wonderland.

I am thinking that this is just a load of *&^%%&*^. Has anyone else heard this?

I really think we need an Amusement park here in Arizona. However, we need it to be placed in a "good" area. Castles N' Coasters and the Arizona State Fair are both placed in areas I feel super uncomfortable in. I haven't heard of any park being built here.