TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been to Holiday World since 2007- BUT when I was there (and this may be a double post somewhere waaaaaaaaaaaay back in this thread) one of the ride ops on "The Raven" I think, said that the next coaster was gonna fly over the lake. Take it for what you will, if I remember correctly the kid was prob. no more than 18 or 19. I'd like to see a "Flyer" there but I have strong doubts that this will be the next coaster.

In any case, I'd LOVE to see a new coaster there next year. (as long as it's not a "Dark---nothing better to do than waste $7 Million---Knight" clone)

You know what other coaster flys over a lake (well river)? Big Bad Wolf. I bet Holiday world is buying it and changing their terrain to fit it. It makes perfect sense.

FYI There is no way this is actually what they are doing. NO WAY.

I just heard from my source (manager) @ SFGAM that their will be a Hurricane Harbor expansion for the park. But it would not be complete until 2011 season, he also told me that it would go in the rumored Space Shuttle America, and Winners Circle Go Kart area.

I did not ask him when they would start on it, so I'm not sure if they they will be doing it in phases and some of it will open next year, or it will all be done for the 2011 season, as for next year I'm not sure what they have planed.

The next time we see him I will find out more, I did not want pump him for to much information while I was @ the park.

When I find out more I will post it.

^ There were rumors of KD's yellow supports ending up at CW on top of blue track in containers stored behind the parkl, but there hasn't been any track sightings or construction that I know of lately.

I guess they're not getting anything...

There's a rumor going around on Kennywood Connection that Kennywood's going to make a major announcement this Wednesday. Furthermore, there are reports of red flags popping up around the Turnpike. I'm heading to Kennywood tomorrow evening, I'll try to get some pictures then.

Something Steelers or Penguins.

That probably doesn't help much, especially considering the first preseason game is Thursday. That's just about as good as saying I'll be the person with a t-shirt on.

I'll most likely be wearing cargo shorts and a black glasses strap also.

Furthermore, there are reports of red flags popping up around the Turnpike. I'm heading to Kennywood tomorrow evening, I'll try to get some pictures then.

That would be great! Im curious to see what and where these flags are. I've heard they are around the Candy Shop too but I'm not sure. Thanks!

IMPORTANT!

Posted at KPConnection

It's official, I was just watching Channel 4 News and they said that Kennywood plans to make an announcement on Wednesday morning about the new attraction. They also said that any fans of the park's roller coasters will be more than pleased with this new attraction, so maybe that's a hint of things to come.

They're gonna turn Phantom's Revenge into an ACE member!!!! (Although I'm not quite sure if it's big enough to be an ACEr )

I'm very anxious to see what the announcement is, it'll help pass the time between now and Carowinds/KD's announcements

^^^Well, if they were to take out the candy shop and Windmill and utilize some of the land behind it, that would actually give them a pretty sizable chunk of land to work with for some of the alleged coaster. However, I dont see them removing the windmill, and removing the candy shop would mean removing the only lockers (That I know of, at least) at the park, so I dont really see that happening. I cant wait for the announcement Wednesday though, Im excited we might actually get a new coaster and end this 10 year coaster drought!!!

EDIT: How come every time I type "l-o-c-k-e-r-s" it types "fluffy fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo"?