TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

^^ A lot of companies put old rides into storage.

Perhaps TGE didn't have enough storage space so they're moving the track to another park to make more room. Maybe the ride was damaged and cannot be set up without spending money to fix it. The ride was in storage for 4 years so who knows what's happened to it.

I'm pretty sure there are more reasons...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of which, I wonder if Darien Lake is ever going to do anything with that stand up coaster. I was there in May and it's still sitting in the same spot across the street sticking out clear as day. You'd think if they were planning on getting rid of it they would have done so already, but at the same time you can't help but wonder why they are just letting it rust out there.

Excuse the double post: While I doubt that this is new track, does anyone know what this is at Cedar Point? (the white in the background)

Those are what Cedar Point uses to move the trains off and into the Breakers parking lot at the end of the season...

Nothing to be alarmed about.

Well this isnt a rumor but I found this the most appropriate thread to ask this in..

Does anyone know what happend to Space Probe 7? Space probe was an Intamin frop tower that use to live at Wonderland sydney. Its been 5 years since Wonderland closed and im just curious.. Youd think if it was sold to a park they would have out it up by now?

mmndh.bmp

^Well the two B&M's they have now uber-suck, and I don't know whether CP had them build Raptor and Mantis to specific guidelines, or B&M just gve them crappy rides, but if any future B&M that CP gets rides like the two they have now, no bueno.

Raptor a crappy ride? NO! Best B&M invert out there.

I'm sorry if I feel that "flying chairs" whether they hang from or sit on their chassis are the same thing. But I can think of at least 5 Inverts that are better than forceless, long, and boring Raptor.

*All the Batman Clones

*Talon

*Great Bear

*Alpengheist

*Montu

*Afterburn

*Even Silver Bullet is a notch above one of the most boring Inverts built.

^Meh. That I can respect. If you dont agree with someones opinion, it's no biggie. No two of us are alike. But to say something like "Ignore his comment. This is the same guy that says inverts and floorless coasters offer the same experience" just because you may not argee with it. It's almost as obscure as saying something like "I only listen to or pay attention to people who think the way I do"

^^You're acting like he's some idiot who doesnt know anything even though he's one of the best posters on here

^I do agree that Valleyfair would do pretty well with an invert, hell a Batman clone would please the crowds over there, but knowing CF, if they ever did get an invert it probably would be Talon/Patrioty

^ I actually agree that he is one of the better posters on here. However, I just haven't agreed with several of his more recent posts. I think he sometimes shows an arrogance towards others.

At any rate, I am sorry Bolliger@Mabillard. I mean no harm. You are right that people have their own opinions. Hell I have ridden most of the batman clones and I think they are awful examples of an invert, while I believe Raptor and Montu are the best examples of a fun invert. To each their own.

-and I still don't get your comment about inverts and floorless coasters being the same. Oh well!!

^^I appriciate the support, but we're all adul...well at least matur...well we all like coasters, so I'm sure there's no bad blood between anyone. Thanks though

^I'm sorry if my posts tend to have an arrogant tone. I don't type them that way, but I guess I can see why they could be read that way. I still feel the same way about the IC/FC thing, but was out of line with wad I said that proceeded that post. We all love coasters here, and there's no need to bash each other. That what we have the GP for

Serial Thriller (Astroworld SLC) going to La Ronde!?

2010 - Serial Thriller - Semi-Confirmed - (7/18/09) When I first heard the rumor, I told quite a few people to stop smoking crack... because the very idea just seemed insane. Now... I have confirmed it with various Screamscape sources that Serial Thriller, the former Astroworld Vekoma SLC coaster, is being shipped from it’s storage site at The Great Escape to La Ronde for the 2010 season.

While a new coaster coming to any park is typically a good thing, I really do have to question the logis of Six Flags over this particular move. After all, the park has a mighty fine B&M Batman clone already by the name of Vampire. With your park guests already accustomed to the smooth and ultra-intense B&M Inverted coaster experience on Vampire, why would you subject them to a a Vekoma SLC “Hang & Bang” coaster? I could perhaps adding a B&M Inverted to a park that had only had the Vekoma, but going the other way around seems a bit... well.. stupid.

The move is almost a double slap in the face... both to La Ronde, by giving them a used Hang & Bang that has been sitting in a field rusting away since late 2005, and to The Great Escape by clearly telling them they aren’t worth the money to put together a coaster that they’ve been storing and waiting to install for themselves now for 4 years. After all, The Great Escape is the only park in the current Six Flags system of parks that has no inverted coaster design of any kind. Even Six Flags Mexico has one...

While La Ronde is certainly deserving of a new coaster as the last one was Goliath in 2006, I do have to wonder the price difference between shipping in, repairing and installing a used Vekoma SLC and buying a new smaller ride or coaster... like perhaps a copy of Tony Hawk’s Big Spin. Or even something else... a few flat rides, a Splash Battle, a dark ride, etc...

I'm with Lance here, I honestly don't "get" this move. This isn't really like Goliath at SFFT where the GP cannot really tell what a B:TR clone is. But honestly La Ronde?