TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The San Diego Wild Animal Park may have purchased Walibi Belgium's failed Vertigo to install over one of the field enclosures.

Other speculation believes that it might be a totally new Mountain Glider from Doppelmyer.

This was posted in Cedar Point's blog by Tony:

Thanks to all of you for the burning questions. Hopefully, we answered some of your curiosities.

And for those who asked sneaky questions about what's new this year, nice try!

However, I'm working on a project that you'll see this season. It's new for 2009 and it's big. Although I can't quite reveal it yet, here's what I captured on my computer screen just now:

It's in its infancy right now, so of course, it's nothing flashy.

Here's a thought, it was made in Microsoft PowerPoint, so could it possibly be a PowerPoint presentation for Coastermania, or another event, announcing their next big coaster/ride? New rides are usually announced after the season, so this is probably unlikely, but who knows?

This was posted in Cedar Point's blog by Tony:

Thanks to all of you for the burning questions. Hopefully, we answered some of your curiosities.

And for those who asked sneaky questions about what's new this year, nice try!

However, I'm working on a project that you'll see this season. It's new for 2009 and it's big. Although I can't quite reveal it yet, here's what I captured on my computer screen just now:

It's in its infancy right now, so of course, it's nothing flashy.

Here's a thought, it was made in Microsoft PowerPoint, so could it possibly be a PowerPoint presentation for Coastermania, or another event, announcing their next big coaster/ride? New rides are usually announced after the season, so this is probably unlikely, but who knows?

It has been 2 years since CP got a new coaster so we will just have to wait & see!

As far as the SFMM 2010 coaster goes, and in response to the posts in the SFMM updates thread about it being compact and launched. Perhaps a Fahrenheit-esque (in terms of the compact layout and the elements) or a Maverick-esque coaster? I wouldn't mind seeing more of those kind built, they are fun coasters!

I've heard a rumor that the Astro Orbitor at Disneyland might not make it to see the end of the summer. IF this case is true, I would love to see it make a return to the top of the Peoplemover station. And since Disneyland has two of these attractions, I would love to see this become more extreme. What if they design a way to make the jets rotate upside down?

I've heard a rumor that the Astro Orbitor at Disneyland might not make it to see the end of the summer. IF this case is true, I would love to see it make a return to the top of the Peoplemover station. And since Disneyland has two of these attractions, I would love to see this become more extreme. What if they design a way to make the jets rotate upside down?

Whats wrong with the Astro Orbitor at Disneyland?

Australia will be getting another water park, but on the Sunshine coast and not the Gold Coast.....oh wait, that has already been confirmed, and it's not one new park, but two.

http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/article.php?aid=149

http://www.parkz.com.au/article/2008/08/22/210-Village-Roadshow-moves-forward-with-Sunshine-Coast-water-park-plans.html

Dreamworld will be expanding their new water park ready to be opened for the 2009-2010 season. Plans are with local council at the moment.

Movieworld.....plenty of rumors but nothing solid enough to post at this time.

A new coaster attraction is rumored for Australian Zoo. This has been doing the rounds for the last two years and involves development of land opposite the park. A full "theme park" experience is also rumored for this area of land, but still in the design stages.

^I'd wouldn't cry if no more Flyers were built, they are a bit tepid like Stand Ups because they are also limited by the body position in the amount of force they can apply.

Dorney Ferris Wheel operator said Intamin Prefab Wood for Dorney, I would have thought the repo men showing up would be more likely - actually Dorney was a lot better than I thought it would be.

Bad news for Six Flags, according to Yahoo!...

Six Flags. (SIX; about 30,000 employees; stock down 84%). This theme-park operator has been losing money for several years, and selling off properties to try to pay down debt and get back into the black. But the ride may end prematurely. Moody's expects cash flow to be negative in 2009, and if consumers aren't spending during the peak summer season, that could imperil the company's ability to pay debts coming due later this year and in 2010.

Link: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/15-Companies...s-14279875.html

• 2 weeks later...

With all the excitement Terminator Salvation: The Ride is expected to bring to SFMM guests this summer, the park plans to build on that momentum for the 2010 season with The Tooncinator coaster. Details are sketchy at this point, but word has it that the original name of El Loco Gato was shelved after in-park surveys revealed that far more guests identified with the Terminator and Tooncinator brands.

Disclaimer: This post is for entertainment purposes only.

^You don't think CP would want a B&M Flyer to compete with SFMM?

Flyers are fun and unique and all, but I personally think they are more uncomfortable than they are enjoyable and am glad they are dying out.

I don't find Tatsu the least bit uncomfortable. Unless of course it gets stuck for an extended amount of time.