TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was recently at Cedar Point and I heard two different stories:

1.) From a local visitor: Mean Streak is in it's last season and will be dismantled for a new coaster in 2010. However when I asked a maintenence guy nearby (the next day) about this he said that "You'll still be able to ride Mean Streak next year", BUT he didn't say that it Was Not going to be disappearing after next season either. Hmm.............

2.) From some guy in Ohio (Goran or Govan-didn't quite catch it((and he didn't say where that I remember but that he lived 45 min away from CP)) that there will be two new coaster additions in the next 3-4 years, but that one of the new coasters will stand on the footprint of another coaster near the back of the park.

Also:

I have heard that Six Flags St. Louis will be putting in a B&M hyper or flyer in the area of the park near Tidal Wave/Screaming Eagle and it will be terrain based. This one I could actually see and or hope for as there is a LOT of room for another ride here. Time will tell.

SFSTL getting three coasters in 3 years, I very much doubt it. It sounds like park fans saying things because I have seen that discussion thread and it looks like a fairy tale. I think SFSTL is getting a coaster, but maybe a water coaster like deluge or something. The water park seems small, so that will be the next expansion considering the water park will be 10 years old next year.

SFSTL getting three coasters in 3 years, I very much doubt it. quote]

Who said it was for 09?

From what I've heard 09 will focus on HH and the general maintenance of the park.

And even though I am still skeptical of this, I have heard that there is something big in the works... Big enough to where they have already begun surveying to the east of Tidal Wave. Although I haven't heard that it is for sure a coaster, it seems likely with them starting to survey this early for a project that would not open till 2010/2011.

And I think I know where all these rumors started about us getting a hyper. Supposedly Six Flags submitted a "wish list" of possible future attractions to the Eureka city council to get their approval and to avoid what happened with TDK at SFNE and one of the things they had on there was a large coaster (supposedly taller than Mr. Freeze).

^There's plenty of "exact" replicas around.

The Toverland "clone" isn't exactly a clone, though. If you look at it, the whole ending is much tighter - the turn within the turn into the brake run, the corkscrews - everything's tighter. I wonder why...

well I wonder why can't they go with a custom ride to fit the area instead of a batman clone. I am kinda tire of seeing cloned coaster pop up.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Elitch's goes under within the next few years too. Ever since Six Flags dropped them, they have been struggling to remain open due to lost business to other nearby parks such as Lakeside and Waterworld. Their newest attractions in the past few years have been in the water park, and considering Elitch's is just down the road from the world famous Waterworld on the north end of Denver which has expanded recently and is America's largest water park. Water park expansion is not the way to draw in crowds. Flying Coaster is closed down for the season, but still no word on where that is going. The coaster isn't that good anyways. As for the rest of the coasters - they are all clones except for Twister II which is a remake of the former and from what those who rode the original say - this new one is terrible. The park is in need of a good new coaster to draw in people, but they just don't have the room to expand.

I kind of fear this too. I was at the park recently on a Saturday morning and I got most all of the credits done in 45 minutes. Lot was barely filled by 11:30 on a Saturday in the middle of summer. Then to add to that, their heavily touted "New for 08" attraction unfortunately missed a majority of the season.

Although the water park has been fairly popular, PARC needs to step it up a little when it comes to additions. Then again, part of that blame could be pointed to Six Flags for rapidly expanding the park using up any expansion land. Flying Coaster's removal though should hopefully give some space for a solid, new addition.

I've heard that Disney is planning a new coaster at Hollywood studio, themed after Monsters Inc, the door scene, where all the doors are flying around

And they are going to remove Disaster canyon or what it's called, to make room for the ride... this may be the last yeas with the canyon... so I heard

^There's also PLENTY of open space in the park for "something awesome" without having to remove Gwazi. I doubt it will go anywhere anytime soon, as quite frankly they would get Millennium Flyers before they would tear down the ride. And who knows if that will happen when the new management takes over, depending on who it is.

I've heard that Disney is planning a new coaster at Hollywood studio, themed after Monsters Inc, the door scene, where all the doors are flying around

And they are going to remove Disaster canyon or what it's called, to make room for the ride... this may be the last yeas with the canyon... so I heard

I'd guess a Wall-E dark ride+Crush Spin from Paris+Monsters Door ride replacing the tour. Now thats a Pixar land.

This is more of a concept than a rumor, but I think B&M should go wood. Though they may have a penchant for the tiered seated hyper and the time tested invert now, but if anybody can pull off a 200+ft woodie and comfort remains a priority, it's the Neutrals. Sure Psyclone was a flop, but B&M didn't fabricate the track. Let's see what happens in the coming years.

This is more of a concept than a rumor, but I think B&M should go wood. Though they may have a penchant for the tiered seated hyper and the time tested invert now, but if anybody can pull off a 200+ft woodie and comfort remains a priority, it's the Neutrals. Sure Psyclone was a flop, but B&M didn't fabricate the track. Let's see what happens in the coming years.

Two Words:

Wooden Flyer

In an addendum to one of my earlier posts about SFSTL:^^

I failed to mention that the scope of the next (probable) B&M creation for the park was to quote "a couple years off"- I did not mean to imply that it was going to be built for the next operating season, sorry for the confusion.

Well, we already know Lazer and the "public picnic tent" are gone at Dorney for 2009, but they've been tight-lipped about what is coming next year.

However, I have some inside info.. they will acquire, in a STUNNING move, 4000 additional trash cans for the park, as well as 2 shiny new park benches, and four signs saying "Here's where we tore out a classic ride to install garbage cans!"

Rumor has it that The Big Mike Road Show 2008 will be the #1 viewed thread of all 2008!!!

Check it out, it is not too late to join in on the fun!

* I admit that this may not be a rumor since it is based on actual facts, but it did start out as a rumor!

Peace, Big Mike

^Old news, track is already going up, we know the name, the color scheme, and we have the animations for it.

If your serious then your wrong. KD is getting 3 flats from Geauga Lake next year. In 2010 it is rumored for a new coaster, so I decided to just say it . . . . .again.

Never mind that.

Random Rumor

Cedar Point will get an aqua trax for 2009 or 2010

• 2 weeks later...

I have been informed by a relative who works at ADVENTURE WORLD, (my very average local theme park, http://www.rcdb.com/pd409.htm ) that park management has shown interest in purchasing a 'second hand Vekoma Boomerang'.

All they know at this stage is that it is 6 years old and that it has recently been dismantled and is ready and waiting to be shipped from the East coast of the USA (18 sea containers worth).

Unless anyone can confirm that SFOG's Deja Vu has a home yet, I believe that this is the 'Boomerang' that is being reffered to.

According to International Rides Management, (www.irmpri.com) there are still two Vekoma Giant Inverted Boomerang Coasters listed for sale, we know that one has already been relocated, but hopefully the other is destined for Australia.

If this were to happen, I wonder if Adventure World is aware of the maintenence costs on these coasters, still, this would be an awesome addition to this little water park, (not to mention one of the biggest coasters in the country).

• 3 weeks later...
New Attraction - Rumor - (10/8/08) Screamscape sources tell us that the plans to add a small attraction at Knott’s in 2009 have been scrapped. The good news is that the money will go towards funding a major new attraction in 2010. Stay tuned!

Found this on Sceamscape.com today.

Is So Cal in for some excitement in these next couple years, or what? SFMM's got the new GCI coming next year, DCA's got Cars Land and the Little Mermaid after that, DL's got Star Tours v. 2 coming as well as an entire Tomorrowland redux, and now...well who knows what Knotts will bring to the table?

I'm hoping for an El Loco or a Stingray model, they both look so unique and fun.

Ben