TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

In the first pic. Those trains look like Millinum Flyers. Maybe they are getting a new GCI woodie.

I think it's an unique direction to take the park. Phantasia is ultra-themed, which makes an unique experience. Same with Disney.

I just hope they make the theming quality and not some cheap garage sale looking place. I'm sure they won't, though.

--James

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man if its the Robo-Arm coaster than i might just have to hit up the parks of Britain in the next year or two!

I may be talking out of my poop chute here, but I don't think we will see a Robocoaster on an actual coaster anytime soon. The electronics and technology that would have to be involved in such a project would cost a fortune. It would essentially require the entire track to be lined with sensors that tell the arms on each car what to do because they can't just give them one program that starts right out of the station. Coasters run at different lap times depending on what the weather/temperature/weight is like so they'd have to be able to adjust the program to compensate for this. Not to mention, look at the 4th dimension coasters... the seats are rigidly attached but the ride is still significantly rough (going by reports). A robocoaster "coaster" would have to be fairly mild to be enjoyable because the seats would be attached to a non-rigid robotic arm.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but that it would cost an insane amount of money to orchestrate a project of that nature. Disney or Universal might be able to pull it off, but I sincerely doubt Merlin would fork out the cash. That would set a pretty high precedent within the company. I know that Kuka had a robocoaster arm set up on a coaster car at IAAPA a few years ago, but I have to think that was more of an attention-grabbing gimmick than anything. Again, maybe I'm totally wrong, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

Heck, assuming this new land comes to fruition, I'll be excited if they just set up Robocoaster arms like what is shown in the artwork! Those things are freakin' awesome when set on the most intense program.

As far as Kuka arms are concerned, isn't it out of the question for anyone besides Universal anyways? When Universal got the rights to Harry Potter, they also scored a 10 year contract with Kuka for the exclusive use of Kuka's arms in a theme park setting for the next ten years. Of course there are already Kuka arms in place in theme park settings, but I don't believe we will be seeing any new arms show up at parks for another 9 years.

Or was that Kuka contract just a rumor?

From What I Gather (and all of this is unconfirmed, but . . . )

As far as Six Flags Great America is concerned- here's the chatter I've heard while at the park, and on various sites like Screamscape and such:

2009: Splash Battle (Deja Vu site)

2010: Relocation of Go-Karts- new Hurricane Harbor expansion onto former Go-Karts/Spaceship America Site.

2011: New Coaster. I have heard everything from Dive Machine (however this one is supposed to have a first of a kind element- don't know if it's a corkscrew or a modified vertical loop ((which is why the delay from next year or '10 because B&M are supposedly 'tweaking it engineering wise))) or

Removal of Iron Wolf/Whizzer (not both) for a Tony-Hawk like coaster.

I (surprisingly to me anyway) enjoyed Tony Hawk at SFSTL immensely and wish we would have gotten that instead of Dark Knight (THUD!!! )(which I am secretly trying to sell to someone on E-Bay), BUT I really don't want to wait another two years to get something less than a new big coaster- it's been way too long since we've added a Thrill-Coaster.

These are the biggest rumors i have heard in the last year

Magic Kingdom will receive two new parades in 2009.

Parade Of Dreams from Disneyland & Fantillusions from Disneyland Paris. The rumor was originally 2010 but decided to go earlier. This is also why the Liberty Square bridge will be down. They need to beef up the bridge to hold some of the new floats which are larger & heaver than the current running parade floats. Now the two parades could still be pushed back till 2010 but most likely it will be 2009 since the bridge is already going under construction.

It was also rumored that Illuminations at Epcot would be completely re-worked in 2010 with a lot more fire, water effects & lasers but that might have been moved up along with the parades but could be 2010.

Also a small rumor has also started working its way around that Animal Kingdom will receive a new Parade in 2011 or 2012 OR will just receive new floats to represent the Beastly Kingdom area.

If & when Beastly Kingdom is built Festival of the Lion King will make its home in Africa in a new theatre. The train to Planet Watch will be removed to expand the park and make it a walking trail to Planet Watch. This will also make room for the new Lion King Theatre.

Some of the Craziest rumors I've heard:

1. Coasters will break the 400 mark

2. KI will get a B&M

3. Vekoma will try and make their rides smooth with new trains and wheels

4. Six Flags will go under

5. Intamin Will Make a Woodie

Some of the Craziest rumors I've heard:

1. Coasters will break the 400 mark

2. KI will get a B&M

3. Vekoma will try and make their rides smooth with new trains and wheels

4. Six Flags will go under

5. Intamin Will Make a Woodie

1. If you mean height. There are already many coasters that broke 400. (TTD, KK, Superman: The Escape)

2. Intamin already made a few woodies (El Torro, Balder, Collosos....etc)

--James

moneycentral.msn.com/detail/stock_quote?Symbol=SIX

Well, as of now, the stocks are 77% up from yesterday's close. I tend to call that an improvement.

No, I call that the general Yo-Yo ride that the stock takes on an every day basis. Every day the stock goes up and down and up which can decieve some to make it look as though there is amazing improvement or not.

But if you look at the stock value over the course of a week or a month then you can see the general course of the company, which for Six Flags is down, very, very down.

If SF does go under, I wonder what the likelyhood of CF buying Magic Mountain? The city already made it clear that spot will always be a park. Who'd buy it if Six Flags went belly up in a week?

Well that is a very wide question.

First, it depends on what kind of bankruptcy they file for. If Chapter 7, they could hold all their assests and regroup, to help get back in buisness like Vekoma did. If it were Chapter 11, which is most likely, they will sell their assets.

Then, if Chapter 11 is filed, does the City want to Keep SFMM? It seems an obvious question but the all the money that goes into rebuilding a park can be pretty overwhelming.

Than, who would buy it? My guess, a private owner.

If Six Flags goes under, I see Merlin Entertainment or Parques Reuindos buying the largest/original parks. I can see the smaller parks like SFA and Great Escape being bought by Hershey or Herschend, and SFKK would be resold to whoever just sold Magic Springs.(the owned it first) Of course, Worlds of Adventure Parks, or whatever the company is called, might try to buy SFFT.

However, if SF goes bankrupt, it will probably be Chapter 7. The shareholders like the new management, but when the chain was owned by Premier Park, the company got financially crippled, and it is now coming back. As for the new management, it didn't help when they sold all of the parks they did in 2007 for so little, and it also didn't help when they bought Dick Clark Productions. They should have reduced their debt a lot more before they made any extra purchases.

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/archive/2008/07/21/monday-mouse-watch-get-ready-for-wdw-s-monstrous-new-coaster.aspx

Monday Mouse Watch : Get ready for WDW's monstrous new coaster

WARNING !! There be spoilers ahead as Jim Hill shares what he knows about the family-friendly attraction that will be opening at Disney's Hollywood Studios in the Fall of 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Judging by the long lines at "Toy Story Mania" as well as the brisk business that "Hey Howdy Hey!" & the gift shop across the way have been doing, it would appear that Pixar Place has already proven to be a very popular addition to Disney's Hollywood Studios.

The only problem with the studio theme park's new "land" is ... Well, it's only got one ride. Sure, once they've finished firing virtual cannonballs at TSM's CG targets, tourists typically linger for a little while in this part of DHS. But that's only because they want to have their photo taken with Woody & Buzz in the Picture Takin' Corral. Once that's done ... These WDW Guests quickly head off for other sections of the Studio.

Which doesn't fly with the guys at WDI. They really want you to loiter in their highly stylized recreation of Pixar's Emeryville campus. Which is why Walt Disney Imagineering has decided to add a new attraction to Pixar Place. Something that will come on line by the Fall of 2011. Just in time for Disney World's 40th anniversary.

"So what's it going to be?," you ask. That long-rumored clone of Walt Disney Studios' "Crush's Coaster" ? Or -- better yet -- some "Ratatouille" -themed restaurant that will feature regular appearances by that new Living Character Initiative version of Remy ?

Nope. Disney's Hollywood Studios is actually getting the attraction that theme park enthusiasts have been itching for ever since "Monsters, Inc." opened back in November of 2001. DHS will be soon be home to an inverted coaster that recreates the Door Hangar sequence from that Pete Docter film.

Read more here

I'm very excited to read about this! I'm now pump for some Monster's Inc time! I can imagine riding on this and soaring thorugh the various doors and seeing the different monsters! This should be a fun ride!

Sounds like the Peter Pan attraction at MK but on coaster track. I don't see this going all that fast. Maybe under 10mph. Its going to be for kids.

Basically i think it will be an inverted Dark ride where you go through different rooms and see monsters at work makeing kids in bed laugh.

Im sure this will be a very popular ride and WDI never lets me down it what they create but this will not be anything more than a kiddie coaster and if they want you to acually see the rooms then the ride could not possible go more than 10mph.