TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. After visiting Alton Towers last week, I saw that there was a strange clearing taking shape behind the bouncing bugs attraction in Cred Street. John Wardley has also been spotted several times.Now, I have heard a rumour that bouncing bugs were leaving after this season. That, coupled with the rejected woodie plans last year, rumours on forums, and the clearance work, could Alton Towers finally get their Woodie, albeit on a smaller scale?

is there a link to this??????? it sounds interesting

It's just a crazy rumor.

I don't thik we'll ever see anything like that in Italy.

Which is a shame. Why oh why won't anyone else build an AquaTrax coaster! (Hmm, maybe in Dubai?)

I think its time to start a official thread for KI 09. It's a coaster, trust me.

Here's some pictures I got from when I was at Kings Island.

I'm pretty certain that it has a pool of water.

That seems like the brake run, and to the left the station.

You can see what I mean better in this picture if you look at the top.

Get it?

Here's an overview, you can really see it now. This thing is going to be massive, there's un poured footers behind the Beast and The Crypt.

These are the markings and un poured footer behind the Beast.

See, markings.

Also, footers.

This was taken from the exit of The Crypt.

Hope you enjoyed the small update.

-Brandon

• 2 weeks later...

I don't normally check Screamscape, but a friend showed me this and it caught my eye.

2009 - Worlds Longest Inverted Coaster - (7/11/08) According to an e-mail I received highlighting numerous theme park projects in the works overseas, it claims that Chimelong Paradise will be adding the world’s longest inverted coaster at a cost of 200-million Yuan ($27 million). If that wasn’t enough it claims that the coaster will feature a vertical drop of 80 meters (262.5 ft). Anyone know more about this colossal project? It almost sounds like it could be the world’s first Inverted Hypercoaster. Anyone know more about this amazing sounding coaster?

http://www.screamscape.com/html/small_international_parks.htm#Chimelong

If that's true, then that might be my favorite announcement in a long time. I've loved the idea of an inverted vertical drop (on a closed circuit coaster) since RCT3's wild design. Too bad an invert won't give a very good view unless you're in the front seats. The views were always great with Dive Machines and Eurofighters.

I just visited there a couple of weeks ago. This really wouldn't surprise me given that they have a brand new Dive Machine and the 10 Inversion coaster. I can't wait to see how this park looks in 5-10 years if they keep adding big rides like this.

I don't normally check Screamscape, but a friend showed me this and it caught my eye.

2009 - Worlds Longest Inverted Coaster - (7/11/08) According to an e-mail I received highlighting numerous theme park projects in the works overseas, it claims that Chimelong Paradise will be adding the world’s longest inverted coaster at a cost of 200-million Yuan ($27 million). If that wasn’t enough it claims that the coaster will feature a vertical drop of 80 meters (262.5 ft). Anyone know more about this colossal project? It almost sounds like it could be the world’s first Inverted Hypercoaster. Anyone know more about this amazing sounding coaster?

http://www.screamscape.com/html/small_international_parks.htm#Chimelong

I don't know much about this, but what I know about coasters tells me that it's either not possible, or it's not going to be a B&M invert. B&M is reluctant to build anything over 250ft. (Tallest standing ride to date is Silver Star at 239ft.) An oper floor invert with a hyper layout would create some uncomfortable force on legs and feet. I'm not saying that it won't happen, because Intamin will build anything you want if you up the cash for it.

-Eric

An oper floor invert with a hyper layout would create some uncomfortable force on legs and feet.

That doesn't really make much sense. Like any coaster, they would adjust the size and concavity of the bottom of the drops so that the forces are comparable. Not to mention, B&M hyper trains are raised so high that they are pretty much floorless to anybody who isn't fairly tall, yet they don't have any problems.

^^

1) B&M is reluctant to go over 299'. Just because they haven't gone over 239' doesn't mean they won't.

2) Nothing really said that this was going to have a hyper layout. It could easily have multiple inversions, just like Alpengeist (which, for the record, is already an inverted hypercoaster).

Its possible, but I'll believe it when its official.

Oh, and just to let you know, Alpengeist isn't technically a hypercoaster, its really close, but it only stands at 195 feet tall (170 foot drop), so it is just too short to be classified as a hyper. Still its ridiculously tall for a invert.

This sounds awfully reminiscent of Jubilee Odyssey, the original giant Vekoma SLC, which, was supposed to be 262ft high, have a near vertical drop (the term vertical is open to interpretation) and become the longest inverted coaster in the world.

Now that ride got reduced to 163ft and as a result the length of the ride was shortened after local residents complained, so I wonder whether Chimelong might be getting something similar to what Fantasy Island would have originally got. But then there's a million different things you could read into this, so right now who knows how this could pan out.

Oh, and just to let you know, Alpengeist isn't technically a hypercoaster, its really close, but it only stands at 195 feet tall (170 foot drop), so it is just too short to be classified as a hyper. Still its ridiculously tall for a invert.

Ah, thanks for correcting me. For some reason I thought it was five feet over 200, not five feet under. But now that you said that I can't think of why I thought so...

According to Screamscape small red square markings were found in the staff Spiral parking lot between disaster transport and where demon drop used to be. They also speak of a heavy rumor that Disaster Transport might be going to meet its maker. Anyone know more?

PS: I liked Disaster Transport and it is one of only 3 of its kind left in the world. Also, it's time this rumor got it's own thread

Awww... Disaster Transport might be taking a hike?

Sure it's no intamin hyper but it's still fun and very unique...

Oh well, if something as good as Maverick replaces it|(though hopefully differnet form the sort of rides CP has so far), I won't be too distraught.

They also speak of a heavy rumor that Disaster Transport might be going to meet its maker. Anyone know more?

PS: I liked Disaster Transport and it is one of only 3 of its kind left in the world.

Eh, the ride wasn't fun at all and in fact pretty boring. I have the credit already, so I don't really care.

Maybe it's being dismantled to make room for an AQUATRAX!

You all knew it was coming!

-Gaven.

^^

1) B&M is reluctant to go over 299'. Just because they haven't gone over 239' doesn't mean they won't.

2) Nothing really said that this was going to have a hyper layout. It could easily have multiple inversions, just like Alpengeist (which, for the record, is already an inverted hypercoaster).

how is alpie already an inverted hypercoaster???

It's maximum height is 195, almost making the 200ft mark but not there. and it has a drop of 170ft. so how is that a inverted hyper coaster?

Is wicked twister considered an inverted hypercoaster???

Eh, the ride wasn't fun at all and in fact pretty boring. I have the credit already, so I don't really care.

Maybe it's being dismantled to make room for an AQUATRAX!

You all knew it was coming!

-Gaven.

I don't think it will be a Aquatrax Or any other intamin coaster for that matter, @ Coaster Mania 2006 in the Q&A sestion when asked if their were any possibilities of a Intamin woodie in the works they quickly said about Maverick, That Intamin delivered a Quality ride in the end that they were done with Intamin. Not in those exact words but close.

Now if their true to their words it wont be Intamin. I did miss this years Q&A sestion so I don't know what was said.

@ sam06pr:

Ah, thanks for correcting me. For some reason I thought it was five feet over 200, not five feet under. But now that you said that I can't think of why I thought so...

I wasn't thinking straight, so I sincerely apologize. I'm sure the next five pages will consist of my being corrected. One mistake, sorry.

From TowersTimes Website:

It could mark the start of a new era for the park - one of significant and immersive theming; following parks such as Phantasialand, Universal, and Disney!

The creatures and machines concepts, in particular, show that there is some really imaginative work going on behind the scenes at Merlin Studios.

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/history/plans/2010.htm

concept3.jpg.bb5abf0298a47c6c82597426b980ef8f.jpg

concept2.jpg.ad1a1251a91e7d34b60b68bd80a25d87.jpg

concept1.jpg.043b91d31c7f184d663fff3fd0ebb923.jpg