TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Heheheheheh

Maybe you will get the chance to taste some good Belgian beers at the parks, like Stella Artois and Jupiler?! And maybe they will change the name to "Stella Gardens"! Much better!

Seriously though, I also find it kinda sad. I feel sorry for the residents that they may be losing their hometown attraction to some big greedy company. InBev is known for cutting jobs and expense accounts so I really hope everything turns out just fine if InBev purchases Anheuser-Busch...

(sorry for being off topic)

This may be jumping the gun a bit, but apparently Anheuser-Busch may be bought out be InBev of Belgium. It's impossible to speculate about what effect that might have on theme park operations, but nevertheless, it conerns me.

An offer speculated to be worth $46 billion? I had no idea there were any European beer companies that large. I guess they're helped out by the piss poor dollar. There's no possible way AB could turn down an offer that large. There would be a shareholder revolt, possibly led by someone like Carl Icahn.

Man, this could lead to all kinds of juicy speculation. Would they dump the parks? If so, who would buy the parks? Would they keep the parks and fill them with Vekomas? Etc.

^^^ B&M and Intamin are both in Swizerland, so they can still have decent rides. I bet Sea World San Diego would be the first to go. Sure the attendance is great and there is not much competiton within range, with the restrictions, it's hard to make it marketable. That is why I'm surprised Six Flags is sticking it out with DK. It's hard to build a record breaking ride with a 150 height limit. It's not impossible, but the odds arent on your side either.

An offer speculated to be worth $46 billion? I had no idea there were any European beer companies that large. I guess they're helped out by the piss poor dollar. There's no possible way AB could turn down an offer that large. There would be a shareholder revolt, possibly led by someone like Carl Icahn.

Man, this could lead to all kinds of juicy speculation. Would they dump the parks? If so, who would buy the parks? Would they keep the parks and fill them with Vekomas? Etc.

I believe, InBev is the largest beer distibutor in the world. Budweiser is facing tons of pressure on this deal, as InBev will likely move onto Miller if they don't accept, thus making Miller a force to be reckoned with after the Coors merger.

What this has to do with theme parks? I have no idea.

Rumor has it that SFKK will remove TT, and use the space to build a Eurofighter and children's area.

(TT takes up a HUGE amount of land...)

While I know that 90% of rumors aren't true (unless they are about a Busch park of course), I really hope there is some truth to this. I've been calling for TT's removal for years. They are decent rides, but they take up so much space, make that section of the park so awkward, and are horribly unpopular. I've been hoping for a mini-accelerator in their place, but I would be plenty satisfied with a Euro-Fighter. Either way, that area of the park needs a major overhaul.

This caught my eye...

http://www.rwsentosa.com/en_universalstudio.html

A duelling inverted floorless combo in the works for Universal Singapore?

Well if it does ever come to fruition, let's hope it's better than Duelling Dragons, because that didn't really work so well.

??????????? I hope you are being sarcastic. DD works very well and it really gives off a great ride with the anticipation of crashing with the other train

Grona Lund has been trying to add a new major coaster for years now. Some years ago they actually applied for an 60m high Intamin accelerator, but they didn't get the permission. Hopefully they will next year!

On another note, Tusenfryd is making their biggest investment ever next year, possibly involving a new "land" of some kind. This was according to the one of the largest norwegian newspapers, and was said by the parks new manager.

From a notice in a Swedish newspaper yesterday (Göteborgs Posten).

Translation:

In Germany a Christian group plans to create a "Holy Bible" park with 40 attractions, among others a full scale of Noah's Ark surrounded by water.

The roller coasters will be something special: one will create the feeling of heaven and hell, another one will recreate the Great Flood.

The plan is to build the park in Heidelberg and they plan that the park is going to open 2012.

// lond

IMG_1648_cr.jpg.8eb92e7ab375dd2659359f08b76b8eb6.jpg

The notice.

^I think that's going to be very difficult to pull of, not only money-wise, but attendance-wise as well. I mean, only about 5% of Germans attend church once a week. Not only that, but there is a considerable number of Muslims, Buddhists, etc. living in Germany; I'm sure some of them would object to a Christian theme park. Also I doubt many people would consider a bible-themed amusement park a good vacation destination as well.

I'm a Christian, so although I applaud the good(?) intentions of whoever trying to do this, I nonetheless feel a Christian theme park would probably be a bad idea and would never fly with the public.

In Italy a couple of weeks ago there was the crazy announcement of a new park near Verona. The ride list inclused: an indoor launch coaster, a B&M dive machine, an acquatrax, a motor coaster and many dark rides.

Here's an arwork of the plan.

is there a link to this??????? it sounds interesting

• 3 weeks later...
This may be jumping the gun a bit, but apparently Anheuser-Busch may be bought out be InBev of Belgium. It's impossible to speculate about what effect that might have on theme park operations, but nevertheless, it conerns me.

Hostile take over= Beck's Beer school!