TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That isn't dive machine track. The cross ties on dive machine track goes straight across. These don't. They are more like the traditional B&M track. I would bet it's probably for Kings Island.

[PRETTY PICTURE OF GRIFFON]

I don't know that much, but what are you guys talking about? I am so confused

The cross-ties on the track are the little fin-type things that come up from the box track and attach to the rails. On Griffon and other dive machines, the fins are straight across along the top of them (as that pic shows). On this new track, the cross-ties indent a little along the top, giving a "V"ish shape. This is reminiscent of typical B&M track. However, the box frame of the new track is wider across than typical track, thus looking like dive machine track in that regard. So basically, this new track has the box track of a dive machine and the cross-ties of a dive machine.

Hope that helped!

That isn't dive machine track. The cross ties on dive machine track goes straight across. These don't. They are more like the traditional B&M track. I would bet it's probably for Kings Island.

[PRETTY PICTURE OF GRIFFON]

I don't know that much, but what are you guys talking about? I am so confused

The cross-ties on the track are the little fin-type things that come up from the box track and attach to the rails. On Griffon and other dive machines, the fins are straight across along the top of them (as that pic shows). On this new track, the cross-ties indent a little along the top, giving a "V"ish shape. This is reminiscent of typical B&M track. However, the box frame of the new track is wider across than typical track, thus looking like dive machine track in that regard. So basically, this new track has the box track of a dive machine and the cross-ties of a dive machine.

Hope that helped!

OH YEAH!!! I see. lol. now i just feel stupid.

After some intense searching, I found the name of the company that makes B&M track. It's Clermont Steel Fabricators, LLC. You can even see their name's abbreviation, CSF, in one of the pictures. Their steel fabrication plant (the one in the pictures) is in Batavia, Ohio.

BTW, I think it's Dive Machine track.

Here's the latest Screamscape take on the mystery track.

There has been lots of talk about those new red mystery B&M track pieces lately and it seems that the more closely people look at them, the more strange and unique they appear. First off, a quick look at the cross-ties shows that these are not typical B&M track and appear to be something entirely new. Personally, I’m still not convinced that the size of these track pieces is Standard or Dive Machine since they definitely look narrower than Griffon. More and more I’m thinking that we’ve got an entirely new animal on our hands… one that will offer up some incredible new surprises very soon.

They make valid points, I guess we just have to wait and see. Hopefully some sort of label will pop up on a piece saying what park it belongs to.

It has been confirmed that the track is indeed Dive Machine track. Here is the label. Credit, once again, goes to Sheikra_rocks.

Notice the "DM" after "Part No." "DM" = Dive Machine. That same "DM" was on Chimelong Paradise's Dive Machine track label. Too bad, though, the customer is all numbers, unlike Chimelong Paradise's label.

I am thinking Six Flags Great America might get this one! With Deja Vu gone, as well as the flume ride, and all of the rumors about a new dive machine at SF Great America, it seems like it's a good fit. I'm hoping for a water feature since there is already a dive pool available!

Of course, this is just hopeful speculation, although I am considering a boycott of SFGAm this year as $25 is too much to pay for any kind of parking. I'm headed to Kings Island this weekend, getting two days for the same price as one day at SFGAm, and since I'm taking the youth group, parking the church van is free.

There are rumors floating around over at CoasterBuzz that the Big Dipper is going to be relocated to Cedar Point. Here is what the original poster, PREMiERdrum, said:

I just got a press release / fax from Richard Munch, Historian, of ACE (I am an Assignment Editor with the CBS affiliate in Columbus). He says that an announcement coming today will announce that the Big Dipper will be relocated to Cedar Point. There was originally a press event scheduled for today, but now it will come as a simple press release.

People later in the thread said the press release says it will be announced tomorrow, not today.

As much as I'd love to see the Big Dipper get saved, I find it hard to believe that CP would turn out to be the rescue crew.

1) When has Cedar Fair/Cedar Point ever cared about tradition and history? They are the same people that couldn't even be bothered to come up with a respectable business plan to keep Geauga profitable in the first place! After four years of neglect through their embarrassing game plan, they just gave up and closed the place.

2) Where are they going to put it? The park is out of land as it is. Big Dipper isn't a monster of a coaster, but there still isn't a really good place to put it, not without removing rides. And that brings up the argument of why would the park remove rides for an 80 year old wooden coaster, when they could use that plan to build the next gimmicky, record-breaking coaster? In which, the debate goes back to argument 1.

Maybe I'll eat my words tomorrow... who knows. If I do, I'm sure my ingested words will do me well, because I'll need some nourishment after I crap a brick.

My theory is that they know it's a very popular coaster, and would attract a lot of enthusiasts, and that means money. That or they know they can't destroy it because of the history behind it, so they have to move it somewhere, and maybe Cedar Point is the best place to move it, I don't know.

My theory is that they know it's a very popular coaster, and would attract a lot of enthusiasts, and that means money.

Enthusiast make up less than 1% of the people who pay to go to amusement parks, that makes no sense from a business point of view. Plus, any new coaster would attract a lot of enthusiasts AND the other 99% of the coaster riding market, so I don't really get why (CP of all places) would rescue an old wood coaster.

My theory is that they know it's a very popular coaster, and would attract a lot of enthusiasts, and that means money.

Enthusiast make up less than 1% of the people who pay to go to amusement parks, that makes no sense from a business point of view. Plus, any new coaster would attract a lot of enthusiasts AND the other 99% of the coaster riding market, so I don't really get why (CP of all places) would rescue an old wood coaster.

Enthusiasts meaning Big Dipper and Geauga Lake enthusiasts. Everyone who used to go to Geauga Lake and enjoyed it will come to Cedar Point to do so. They'll then pass it on to relatives, friends, etc. saying that the fun coaster they used to ride at Geauga Lake has been moved to Cedar Point. It might be a way of winning over everyone that used to only go to Geauga Lake all the time, but not Cedar Point.