TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

Got this in an E-mail today from Busch Gardens.
Please join us for a live Webcast as

SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, Discovery Cove and Aquatica

announce the most significant news in our history.

Hmm..... I wonder what it could be...

They're changing the collective name of their parks again?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I think you hit the nail on the head. Busch is selling BGA to Cedar Fair, and building the Aquatrax they were supposed to put where Maverick is. Naming it Coaster With Water Around It, as "Aquatrax" itself is too cool of a name.

I mean, it wouldn't have anything to do with Jungala or the Sea World coaster construction, so that must be it.

CF doesn't do animals (remember the WOA fiasco), so Seaworld is probably out. Also, I really doubt that Busch will want to ditch a revenue stream such as this- dunno about that, though. Probably gonna be a over rethemeing/renaming, although it may be a ride introduction, which would still be an awkward time to do so (just prior to the main TP season).

Busch Entertainment - (2/26/08) Busch Entertainment has announced that they will “announce the most significant news in its history” for their Worlds of Discovery parks at Orlando’s Shamu Stadium this Thursday morning at 11am. A quick check of the new Worlds of Discovery website also shows that this “major announcement” will also be webcast live for everyone to see.

As for what the announcement could be, rumor has it that the announcement is so big that August Busch IV will be coming in to personally make it. For the hype behind this, I have to think back to the last rumor I reported (see below) that Busch was working out a deal to build a Busch Gardens, SeaWorld, Discovery Cove and Aquatica parks in Dubai or elsewhere in the UAE. Funny how that new “Worlds of Discovery” brand name would really seem to fit over just such a project like a perfect resort name. Of course there are some whispers about China as well but those always have to be taken with a grain of skepticism.

From Screamscape, btw.

Hmm... An addition to Dubailand? New rides aplenty? Retheming of the Busch brand? No more free booze? Time will tell!

^You heard it here first...the big news is...

Diablo Cody will write "Juno" into the parks' major shows.

"Believe in Juno"

"The Bird Show at Busch Gardens starring Juno"

"The Curse of DarJuno: The Ride"

"The Juno Roller Coaster"

There will be more...

^I think you hit the nail on the head. Busch is selling BGA to Cedar Fair, and building the Aquatrax they were supposed to put where Maverick is. Naming it Coaster With Water Around It, as "Aquatrax" itself is too cool of a name.

I mean, it wouldn't have anything to do with Jungala or the Sea World coaster construction, so that must be it.

CF doesn't do animals (remember the WOA fiasco), so Seaworld is probably out. Also, I really doubt that Busch will want to ditch a revenue stream such as this- dunno about that, though. Probably gonna be a over rethemeing/renaming, although it may be a ride introduction, which would still be an awkward time to do so (just prior to the main TP season).

If it's a new roller coaster, new theme, I highly doubt it is going to be Announced by August Busch the IV, which leads me to believe it is more than that. That it may be a new expansion elsewhere, and what a better place to announce it than at their flagship park, SWO.

^At my preview of Aquatica today the marketing people hinted at the new coaster (which should be getting its announcement next month), but acknowledged that tomorrow's announcement would be bigger. My thought is that this will most likely have to do with Seaworld-branded resorts. Now that we have three parks at the Seaworld Orlando destination, I could see the company trying to keep people on property in a similar fashion as Disney does... Just on a smaller scale.

• 4 weeks later...
2009 - B&M Hypercoaster - Rumor - (3/24/09) From what we’ve been told, a collection pictures have been posted to Photobucket showing off construction taking place inside Kings Island said to be in the swam lake area near The Beast where a rumored 2009 coaster project is expected to go.

This thing looks like it's going to be massive, especially if they are starting construction this early. I can't wait to ride it at night.

• 3 weeks later...

The plant in Ohio where B&M steel coaster track is fabricated has created some new track that looks to be that of a Dive Machine. I wonder where it's going? Note that this is the same factory that we saw in pictures when track was fabricated for the Dive Machine at Chimelong Paradise. Pictures:

Credit for the pictures goes to Sheikra_rocks of coasterdynamix.com.

^I doubt it would be going to any parks in Dubai just for the fact those parks won't be opening for years.

If I had to guess, I would say that is going to Six Flags Great Adventure. There have been rumors that the park is getting a big new coaster and the rumors have been leaning towards a dive machine. Also, they closed off the Old Country park of the park this season, so this could be going there.

I thought that too, but look at the spine of the track (the box part), it's too big to be that of a traditional B&M. Also, look at Vertical Coaster's (Chimelong Paradise) track, the ties look the same and aren't flat in certain parts.

Compare that spine to that of Hydra's, typical B&M track spine.

Hydra:

Lastly, look at the lift hill on the new track, it has flat ties like that on a Dive Machine. BYM Hyper lift hills don't have flat ties like that.

At any rate, whatever it's for, looks to be awesome!

Haha, you could still be right, anyone's guess is game at this point in time. I mean, who knows, maybe they are producing track for hypers that is more reinforced because of the new, heavier, Behemoth-style trains. Looks awesome, whatever it is, and I can't wait to find out what it's for!

HERSHEYPARK '09!!!

I called it.

Either that or a thermometer drop tower. Better not be a Boardwalk expansion.

Though now that I think about it, it could be for the SWO coaster. I get that the track is wide, but when Lance (ScreamScape) asked park reps about whether the ride might feature wide trains he replied with "those design aspects have not been worked out yet." Who knows...the only thing that wouldn't fit is that the track is red...

That isn't dive machine track. The cross ties on dive machine track goes straight across. These don't. They are more like the traditional B&M track. I would bet it's probably for Kings Island.

See:

I don't know that much, but what are you guys talking about? I am so confused