TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to hear the Deja Vu may be going to Silverwood...They deserve a large steel coaster.

Also, rumor is that SFSTL will get something new in HH for 2009 for the 10th anniversary of HH. My guess is that it would be something like Deluge or Bakuli.

After the two coasters back to back that SFSTL has gotten in 07 & 08 they don't need anything else for a while.SFKK & SFA are the two parks most in need of new rides in the chain right now.

So just because a park got two coasters in two years means they won't get anything in year three? Let's see, new attractions bring in guests, and guests bring money, so it would make sense for the park to add a new attraction. I'm not saying it will be a coaster, but a new attraction for HH is probably likely as they haven't received anything since the Tornado in 05.

Right now I’ve got no way to confirm this rumor at all, so I’m just passing it on as a possible warning, but Screamscape has heard that Cedar Point may be considering the removal of “an older steel coaster” before the 2010 season. I’m guessing 2010 could very likely be the next year we’ll see a new coaster added to the park, so it may be time for an older ride to make way for a newer ride. With the arms race against Magic Mountain to see who has the most coasters over, the time may be right. I don’t have a name at this point, but my short list of possibilities would include: Wildcat, Disaster Transport, Iron Dragon, Corkscrew and the Cedar Creek Mine Ride. Despite the numerous rumors of Disaster Transport being removed over the years, we’ve heard that the park may be leaning towards removing a ride move towards of the back of the park, which would likely narrow it down to my final three possibilities if true.

Apparently SDC has been telling everyone to get excited in advance for 2009, as they will be getting the biggest addition in their history. That's right, bigger than Wildfire.

It could be another Troy, set in the wilderness, or it could be an advanced version of Mystery Mine, - or it could be the invert that everyone was sure would happen in 2005, we'll just have to wait and see. Either way, I'm excited.

Rumor has it that Universal Studios Florida may be planning on adding their very own version of the Hollywood Dream coaster.

Still clear as mud at this point, other than Screamscape reporting the project's name is "Project Rumble" and that it may not be done by B&M (but Vekoma or Premier instead). Also to note is that Jimmy Neutron may get the ax in 2008 since the 5 year lease will be up. Wouldn't be surprised since the departure of Nick Studios anyways. Or the other rumor, saying that Twister may go away.

Either one of those rides would be a good riddance. How many simulator/3 or 4-D attractions do you need in one park? Or better yet, Twister being nothing more but "Just standing in a wind tunnel as you see a set collapse."

As for the CP coaster removal rumor. If you ask me, it would be Wildcat. It has a low capacity and well, its a ride that can be found at almost any traveling carnival these days. As much as I like Schwarzkopf's, this coaster seems to be the likely candidate for removal.

As for the CP coaster removal rumor. If you ask me, it would be Wildcat. It has a low capacity and well, its a ride that can be found at almost any traveling carnival these days. As much as I like Schwarzkopf's, this coaster seems to be the likely candidate for removal.

I'd say it's the least likely to be removed as it takes up so little space. Even if they wanted to put something there, they could always move Wildcat again elsewhere in the park.

I'd think Mineride would be the most likely to go. Perhaps something like Mystery Mine could replace it?

Screamscape recently put out a wild rumor that Silverwood in Idaho may have purchased one of the Deja Vu coasters, most likely the one from Six Flags Great America.

I think this rumor might be a little less wild than it sounds. All of the info I have seen so far seems to be pretty legit, but, time will tell. I guess if people don't see green Vekoma track showing up at Silverwood within the next few months, we'll know it isn't true.

It will certainly be a hit at that park, but I'm not to wild about another low capacity coaster being added to the three other low capacity coasters the park already has. I would much rather see them invest in a second PTC for Tremors and TT.

for six flags great America for their 50th they might get a dive coaster ...it just makes since two large areas right across from each other (splash wf-and dejavu) and splash water falls has a water spot already so a good spot 4 splash down. another good reason is because i want one!

^I doubt SFGAM will wait until 2026 for the dive machine(the park opened in 76 not 59) The area is strange though as it is two small areas separated by the midway and surrounded by other rides. A dive machine would be great, but it would be a pain to place it in that area.(even with ride removal)

^I doubt SFGAM will wait until 2026 for the dive machine(the park opened in 76 not 59) The area is strange though as it is two small areas separated by the midway and surrounded by other rides. A dive machine would be great, but it would be a pain to place it in that area.(even with ride removal)

oh sorry i tought their 50th was like in two years because their logo says 45 years (its said that for 3 years now) so i men to say 2010

sorry for the confusion

• 4 weeks later...

First off, I looked through posts dating all the way back to July or August and I still couldn't find the Super Crazy Rumors Thread, so if a moderator knows where it is, I would appreciate it if one moves it there.

ADMIN EDIT: It took all of three seconds using the word "rumor" in the Search function to find the thread. Please use it next time.

It's about *bleep* time Darien Lake got a new coaster! (These are quotes from the posts that I read - as you need to be registered to view the forums. -

http://www.amusementgraffixintl.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=17336#17336

Reply 232 by TopSpinJay: January 12, 2008, 2:06 AM:

Darien Lake got there approval from the planning board to get there construction permits for there Motocoaster by Zamperia.

There you have it!

we told you here and now you know

Reply 233 by marinelandiscool: January 12, 2008, 8:00 AM:

Darien Lake got there approval from the planning board to get there construction permits for there Motocoaster by Zamperia.

There you have it!

we told you here and now you know

Really this is great!

Reply 234 by CoASTERJuNKIE12: January 12, 2008, 8:54 AM:

But when will they announce this?

Reply 235 by TopSpinJay: January 12, 2008, 9:38 AM:

does it matter when the announcement is?

you know thats what there getting it's been printed in the local news out there so fact is the ride was coming and still is regardless of when they make the announcement.

plus now that there approved they can announce it. Why announce a ride you don't have a permit for to build it's almost like shooting yourself in the foot if you don't get approved

Reply 236 by myself: January 12, 2008, 10:06 AM:

Friends, this is the moment we have been waiting for. For countless years we have been waiting in the dark, fading away, attendance dropiing by half. Now, the light has been shown upon us in our darkest hour. PARC 7F Operations has given us a light towards the end of this dark tunnel. With this new amusement ride, our attendance will rise, and we are now officially back on track to become the high quality amusement park that we have the potential for - and that PARC sees as well, and is investing in it, to make it happen. The wait is over, the nine years we have waited - longer than our park has ever waited in history - and we finally get something new. Even better, it is a family coaster, something that this park DESPERATELY needs. Hopefully we will be able to afford larger rides in the years to come.

I noticed this over at IOACentral.com

Project Rumble City Permits

January 11, 2008

While rumors circulate around the internet of a new roller coaster being added to Universal Studios Florida within the next year, Universal filed official permit records with the city of Orlando this morning at 9:00am stating that German roller coaster manufacturer Maurer Sohne will be developing the ride system for "Project Rumble." While nothing has been stated by Universal Orlando directly, we can only put two and two together and assume that these rumors have truth behind it.

Seems like a little more than a rumor to me.

Quote:

January 11, 2008

While rumors circulate around the internet of a new roller coaster being added to Universal Studios Florida within the next year, Universal filed official permit records with the city of Orlando this morning at 9:00am stating that German roller coaster manufacturer Maurer Sohne will be developing the ride system for "Project Rumble." While nothing has been stated by Universal Orlando directly, we can only put two and two together and assume that these rumors have truth behind it.

IF this was the fabled Hogwarts Express coaster, didn't somebody mention a while back that Universal was looking into the robo-coaster idea (robot arm on rails)? Sounds like theme and/or coaster type has changed. Good. Means there's still hope for giant tomato themeing.

Darien Lake is in fact getting the Zamperla Motocoaster - in fact, it is the prototype that was at Zamperla's HQ last year. Plus, I have a site that someone can read the info from without becoming a member: (Except the official announcement hasn't been made by Darien Lake.)

http://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/news/stories/20080112_01.shtml

Quote:

January 11, 2008

IF this was the fabled Hogwarts Express coaster, didn't somebody mention a while back that Universal was looking into the robo-coaster idea (robot arm on rails)? Sounds like theme and/or coaster type has changed. Good. Means there's still hope for giant tomato themeing.

Deffinatly not the Hogwarts Express because the suposed Project Rumble is for a coaster at Universal Studios park not Islands of Adventure where Harry Potter will be taking over. There have been ground markings over by the Bone Yard in front of the soundstages that have been marked off and that is where the rumored "Project Rumble" will be going. Can anyone give me some insite to the Hollywood Dream, The Ride from USJ? Because again in the employee rumor mill that is what they say Project Rumble will be.......PLus I work with a few of the guys from IOA Central so Rumors are our favorite topics at work