TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

Hey, when I was Parc Asterix in June of this year, I saw a sign which says something along the lines of "New attraction for 2008!" I do have picture proof but all the pictures I took turned out terrible as there is something wrong with my camera. It is about time PA got something new. I have been there 4 times since 2003 and there have been no new attractions.

Does anyone know what times is? Flat ride? Coaster? Aqua Trax?!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New wooden coaster for 2009 or 2010 at Canobie Lake being similar to the Excalibur at Funtown USA in Saco, ME. Isn't it true they have a height limit at 80 feet?. I heard that Six Flags had the idea of purchasing it?.

I'm pretty sure they got it extended to 85 feet after Starblaster, but yes, it is true. Six Flags or Premier I believe did once try to buy it out, but only so SFNE wouldn't have any competition (Or it might have been Lake Compounce they tried to buy out, but I'm pretty sure it was Canobie).

Screamscape says that a "spy" has confirmed taht Chiller will, in fact, be removed next season.

"A Screamscape spy reported in with a quick burst transmission confirming that not only will Chiller be removed, but apparently they’ve already begun the process of stripping the internal systems. At this rate it’s expected that the ride pieces could start to come down before the end of this season."

Screamscape keeps saying that their sources(probably some 12 year olds) have confirmed the removal of Deja vu, Splash Water Falls, future removal of the two log flumes and the Space Shuttle America/Go Kart area, and the possible removal or Iron Wolf at SFGAM. Screamscape says this is because Six Flags is now removing troublesome rides, but if this is true, then Kingada Ka, X, every LIM coaster, and many other rides will be removed. I just can't see the removal of Deja vu as it runs well now, and it is very popular. However, I hope the log flumes and Space Shuttle America are removed, as those attractions are not that good(or even fun), and they take up a lot of space.

Just a followup on Super Saturator (if anyone cares) at Carowinds... it's closed for the season (as it states on the park's website now).

At C3 Saturday though, the park would not comment on it's fate. So nothing official yet.

And they said the 08 annoucement will be in about a month.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Not sure whether it's still rumor or fact, but in the german newspapers it is said that in 2009 the fastest rollercoaster in the world will open at the Nurburgring circuit.

The coaster would be a Maurer Söhne X-Car coaster, 2.2 km long, max speed of 215 km/h.

Source;

What a rip-off for the Ka record - beating it by just a mere five miles per hour. I think this coaster will probably be even less thrilling than Kingda Ka or Dragster since the coaster looks pretty flat by the website's layout overview.

And, I'm surprise they've used Maurer Sohne for this, they don't really have a big record of launch coasters (they've only built one), unlike Intamin.

And Intamin has a big record launch coaster that are unable to work properly...

As usual wait and see... Don't forget we're in the rumor thread...

Ugh. When I posted my message I was just thought to myself: watch somebody post a reply mentioning Intamin's bad mechanical rep.

Well, my point is that Intamin is known for being able to, on the most part, create reasonably nice and good launches that deliver - there's thirteen of them now and the smaller ones like Speed Monster and Kanonen don't break down as much as Ka. And to my knowledge Hydraulic launches aren't that power hungry compared to LIMs, and this is what I was getting at because Maurer Sohne doesn't have any system for launching besides the LSM/LIM system. So a 133 mph launch using LIM...wow. That's a lot of power.

Well anyways, I personally hope that this rumor is true because it'd be interesting to see what Maurer can come up with.

I actually think they have been improving their LSM technology so that it doesn't need as much power than before.

But remember, that launching a coaster to a certain speed, whatever the way used, requires more or less the same amount of energy, the only thing that varies is the duration of the energy boost... On hydraulic launch, it's during the pressuring of the oil. For LSM, it used to be during the launch (so much shorter), but I think they have now achieved to make it more progressive...

Screamscape recently put out a wild rumor that Silverwood in Idaho may have purchased one of the Deja Vu coasters, most likely the one from Six Flags Great America.

Yeah, I just read that. Personally, I hope it's a false rumor. For me, it just puts one of the GIBs even further away from me than it already was. Plus, it has a medium proximity to SFMM (At least compared to Gurnee: Valencia and Austell: Valencia).

Of course I'm sure it would be fairly good for the park since the park guests probably won't be as caring as Six Flags patrons about its downtime, and Silverwood doesn't attract as many visitors so its bad capacity is probably more like 'reasonably good' capacity.

If it does go to Silverwood I just hope the buyer of the Sfog GIB isn't like in Utah, Oregon or Arizona =]

I'm glad to hear the Deja Vu may be going to Silverwood...They deserve a large steel coaster.

Also, rumor is that SFSTL will get something new in HH for 2009 for the 10th anniversary of HH. My guess is that it would be something like Deluge or Bakuli.

After the two coasters back to back that SFSTL has gotten in 07 & 08 they don't need anything else for a while.SFKK & SFA are the two parks most in need of new rides in the chain right now.