TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

italintl.com/detail_page.php?record_id=1002

Makes me wonder if Dorney is planning on getting rid of Laser at the end of the season. That would suck, as it's the most forceful ride in the park, and one of the best coasters. It's only downside is it's location, next to old kiddie rides and nothing else. Better ride the crap out of it now while I still can.

It would seem so, all the specifications are correct. 28 seats, built in 1981, and it's available at the start of November. When does Dorney Park close for the season, isn't it right after Halloween?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like SFDK might be the next park to get a Tony Hawk's Big Spin clone.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_discovery_kingdom.htm

2008 - Spinning Coaster - Rumor - (8/15/07) New information leads us to believe that the Gerstlauer Spinning Coaster coming in 2008 to the old Zonga site will be given a Tony Hawk theme after all. As for Zonga, sources have confirmed that all of the old Zonga pieces have been removed though no one seems to know where they went.

Wow, I'm going to be really upset if Laser is removed as it looks like a really good ride.

Discovery Kingdom would be a good place for a Big Spin coaster, and it would fit in really well. Since it is probably going were Zonga was, I hope they do something so it is not just a parking lot coaster. Some grass and a few trees would probably be a big improvement.

Nothing really breaking here but was at KD the other day and according to at least a couple of ride ops it looks like Hypersonic is as good as gone after this season.

I asked one of them if the park would be getting a new roller coaster for next year and the response made me chuckle. "We're getting Batman next year." I tried to put any realistic spin on that comment and the best I could come up was what PKDCoaster mentioned earlier in this thread. Perhaps Dominator (formerly known as Batman - Knight Flight) will be making an appearance courtesy of GL.

Laser is my favorite ride at Dorney and in my overall Top 10. It's so forceful that it's one of my very few ride experiences in which I was actually scared. I know nowadays an old Doppellooping doesn't excite the GP, but I would be very sad to see it go.

According to screamscape, Deja vu at Great America will be removed at the end of the season. I know that it is still iffy at operation, but it is a big crowd pleaser. I don't ride it that often, but it would be a big blow to the park as everyone tall enough wants to ride it. If they want to remove a coaster, then Iron Wolf would be a better choice as no one rides that piece of crap. If it is removed, then hopefully they replace it with a Screamin' Swing and not a spin-n-puke.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_great_america.htm

They can`t torn down the Deja Vu`s!If this is true,it maybe will end that America is Vekoma Giant Inverted Bommerang-less!

Besides,Screamscape said that it was an anymous tip,it means that maybe it not could be right!

Other things that Screamscape said:

1.Six Flags Great Adventure may add Thomas Town next year!

2.Six Flags Over Georgia`s Deja Vu might be sold to an new owner!

3.X at Six Flags Magic Mountain is getting new trains!

4.The closed Metro at SFMM might have the trains remodeled to Thomas The Tank engine.

5.An wild romur says that Disney is looking for an new water flume for Animal Kingdom.

Yeah, when i was at SFMM last summer, I loved Deja Vu! In my opinion, they need to spend more time tweaking them and perfecting them so they don't break down, and add more around the country.

I agree! If they could work out all the kinks I would love to see this Vekoma model become as prolific as their SLC's. Here at SFSTL we're in dire need of a hyper, but at this point I'd be just as happy with a (dependable) Deja Vu.

Rumors I heard ppl talkin bout @ DisneyLand Resort,California

Rumor #1 : Space Mountain is haunted by the Ghost of a person who died on it a while back

Rumor #2 : The Ride, "Its A Small World", they were saying that the security guard saw the little people moving by themselves when all the power was off....spooky

Yeah, when i was at SFMM last summer, I loved Deja Vu! In my opinion, they need to spend more time tweaking them and perfecting them so they don't break down, and add more around the country.

Six years isn't enough tweaking time? Sorry dude, but the rides suck. Sure they are fun, but for such big parks, they have horrendous capacity and lousy reliability. I like the rides too, but it was a good idea done poorly. Now let's all bust out the cranes, wrenches, and torches!

Screamscape says that Deja vu at Six Flags Great America will not be leaving, but instead Splash Water Falls, the parks shoot-the chute ride, will be. I would like to know what would be built there since it is a fairly small area, and the only ride the park needs is a dark ride. Actually, a dark ride would be able to fit in there, so that is my guess if this removal turns out to be true.

When I was in WDW earlier this summer, I heard a great rumor that there might be a new park on the way within the next 3 or 4 years. Speculation is that it will be themed to the Disney villains. Oh, and yes it was an employee that told me this, not just your average guy at the dippin' dots stand.

Six years isn't enough tweaking time? Sorry dude, but the rides suck. Sure they are fun, but for such big parks, they have horrendous capacity and lousy reliability. I like the rides too, but it was a good idea done poorly. Now let's all bust out the cranes, wrenches, and torches!

That's the problem, they built the ride and just started running them. It doesn't seem like they really spent that much time perfecting the ride as, say, CP did with TTD. They could have done a lot better instead of forgetting about the problem and just building new coasters to make up for it.