TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrowhater sent me this but since he didn't post it, I guess I will. This is about Wild West World's new attractions, from Screamscape.

Drop Tower - Confirmed - (6/18/07) A sign up at the park this summer mentions that they are planning a 200 foot drop tower ride.

New Coaster - Confirmed - (6/18/07) The park has promised a major new coaster for the 2009 season. While we had previously heard rumors about a wooden coaster, apparently someone in customer service mentioned that the park was now looking at building a steel coaster from Chance Morgan, who is really only known for their Hypercoaster designs. Given the size of the park, a Junior Hyper is more likely at this point, perhaps standing around 150 feet tall that would run from behind the ferris wheel and down along the park’s eastern border.

(5/3/07) Park owner, Thomas Etheredge, confirmed to several sources at the media opening that they were finalizing plans this year to bring a $4.5 million new wooden coaster to the park in 2009.

(5/29/06) Though the park wont open for another year, their website is already promoting a “giant roller coaster” coming in 2009 and that you had “better start building up courage now.”

yaa...SFoT probably won't get anything until 2011, which is the 50th, because no one cares about SFoT...so I get to be bored with my season pass and never get anything thrilling except for Titan and Mr. Freeze (our Batman is rough). But when we do get a new coaster I want it to be a rocket or a flyer...

This was posted on Coasterbuzz. It actually might be true.

July 9, 2007

8 a.m. CDT

Park City, Kansas Wild West World Press Release On July 9th, 2007, Wild West World, LLC will file for Chapter 11 protection under the United States Bankruptcy Code with the United States Bankruptcy Court in Wichita, Kansas. Wild West World will close immediately as of this date and will cease day-to-day operations. All employees have been paid through Sunday, July 8th. In Chapter 11, the management of the company will be allowed to conduct the affairs of the business as a Debtor-in Possession. Since January, 2007, the Wichita area suffered excessive amounts of snow, ice, rain, storms, and tornados. Since the park opened to the media on May 1 and the general public on May 5th, approximately 50 of the last 60 days have been either rain, storms, overcast, tornados, tornado warnings or poor weather of some sort. On May 4th, the Greensburg tornado devastated that community. In the months of June and July, Kansas experienced unprecedented rain and flooding, having a devastating impact on Wild West World’s attendance and projected revenue. As a result, Wild West World cannot meet its operating expenses from the actual revenue generated. Wild West World management is currently negotiating and will continue to negotiate throughout the world for a new purchaser for the park. It is not the intention of Wild West World management to permanently close the park. Thomas and Cheryl Etheredge state that they believe in Park City and Wichita and the need for family entertainment. They will continue to do everything possible to have Wild West World emerge from Chapter 11 Bankruptcy through a sale of the assets. Wild West World retained the law firm of Redmond & Nazar LLP of Wichita, KS to represent it in its Chapter 11 proceeding. A PRESS CONFERENCE WILL BE HELD AT 2:00 P.M. CDT today at the Johnny Western Theater at Wild West World. For further information contact:Edward Nazar or Thomas Gilman

Attorneys at Law

Redmond & Nazar, L.L.P.

245 North Waco, Suite 402

Wichita, Kansas 67202

(316) 262-8361 Phone

(316) 263-0610 Fax

Busch Gardens Africa to recieve a new ride in place of Python, and MAJOR changes to the congo area.

I hope this happens....

Caleb "Cant wait to hear more about this" Stone

That's REALLY old news.

^^^^ Really? That soon after opening? What a waste of money.

Ok, against my better judgement I'm posing here about this because I genuinely want to know if this is true or not. I was talking to a cast member friend of mine and we were talking about epcot and then the haunted mansion. I told him I thought it was odd that they would close one of their flagship attractions in the middle of the summer. His response definitely piqued my interest. He said the reason they're doing that is to not only give our (WDW) haunted mansion DLR's upgrades (something about a digital seance among other things) and a much needed refurb, but to also, finally, after all these years, give us the Nightmare before christmas enhancements over the holidays. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Serious responses only PLEASE.

Worlds of Fun has something brewing. I'm thinking GCI. http://www.worldsoffun.com/public/news/blog/

What do you guys think?

Its Dominator from Geauga Lake. LOL

I seriously hope it is. The past few weeks I would get mad at the thought of Dominator moving to a place where I couldn't ride it every year, but after seeing first hand, on Monday, how empty GL is, I hope it does move. Dominator doesn't nearly get the attention and riders it deserves. The train was never more than half full the whole day, and most of the time it was only one or two rows full, that's pretty bad for July. It needs to be moved somewhere where it has a line like there was the first few years it opened, I remember waiting over an hour for Dominator in the past.

Worlds of Fun has something brewing. I'm thinking GCI. http://www.worldsoffun.com/public/news/blog/

What do you guys think?

Well if that's what you think then you would be incorrect. The new attraction for 2008 is not going there, but an addition for 2007 IS going there. They should announce what is going there either later July or early August.

Do you think it would be for Halloweekends or will it be an actual ride?

Rumor has it around Richmond is that Dominator (AKA Batman Knight Flight)

is coming to KD and will be built in the Bus parking lot.

I would love to have this ride at my home park, It is a great ride. but rumors are going around that this ride will be moved to almost every CF park.

Rumor has it around Richmond is that Dominator (AKA Batman Knight Flight)

is coming to KD and will be built in the Bus parking lot.

I would love to have this ride at my home park, It is a great ride. but rumors are going around that this ride will be moved to almost every CF park.

I say rip out Anaconda and put it over the lake (or what's left of the lake).

Here is something that I heard a while ago and might hold some speculation to it, but didn't Busch make a contract with B&M for 3 dive machines and then they could not be built for some while after that? This could go along with the construction out at Sea World San Antonio.

--David

I heard that Enchanted Village is getting an Inverted Bobsled coaster next year.

The first gravity defying coaster at good old Enchanted Village, I love it!!!

Dominator at PKD? That could be interesting if that happend, but in the bus parking lot? Why does that sound like scream to me?