TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

They have 3 suspended coasters already (4 if you count Firehawk) None are BM, mind you, but atleast they have all the bases covered (suspended, flyer, boomerang, jr slc). If they get anything BM, it should be a dive machine. We dont have any verticle coasters, which is further reason to get some sort of rocket.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumors I've Heard From Park Employees/Reps

1.) Holiday World will introduce an Inverted/Suspended (don't know if B&M or Vekoma) to their coaster lineup in 2009/2010. Supposed to run out over the lake near Raven.

2.) Next Coaster at SFGAM will debut in 2009 in the area between American Eagle and Raging Bull. Also heard that Iron Wolf will be removed during this time. I do not know if the two projects are linked.

The likely project for 2008 is a propelled water-coaster type slide for Hurricane Harbor.

3.) What I would like if I had my way is that SFGAM make a more direct link to Hurricane Harbor thru Carousel Plaza by the Pictorium/ Sky Trek Tower Area, instead of having to go all the way out by Viper and double back. (Ten minutes of walking wasted easily).

^We have 3 family coasters, and I doubt we will get a launched or 4d coaster, so that really leaves only a floorless.(although SFGAM could become the park with the most inverts(I think it already holds that title though) with a junior SLC.

Happening:

Famous Dave's is building a large indoor water park across from GAM.(I didn't believe it at first either)

Rumor:

Kiddieland closes in 2009

Mt. Olympus will invest in a S&S drop tower in the near future.(well that is more along the lines of a wish and something they should have)

Anyone know if IOA is planning on building a new coaster? I love that park but I dont want to go back until they get a new coaster. Also, is Cedar Point planning their next ride yet? I havent heard any rumors about their next project.

BTW- I heard Maverick is awesome!! I wish I had time to travel there this year.

Anyone know if IOA is planning on building a new coaster? I love that park but I dont want to go back until they get a new coaster. Also, is Cedar Point planning their next ride yet? I havent heard any rumors about their next project.

BTW- I heard Maverick is awesome!! I wish I had time to travel there this year.

Something is coming to Cedar Point for the 2009 season. Other then that, its all a mystery... aqautrax!!!

Something is coming to Cedar Point for the 2009 season. Other then that, its all a mystery... aqautrax!!!

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Amazing speculation there. 'Something's coming in 2009' indeed. I'll bet everyone* here $100 that "something" will come in 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, and so on as well. I'm betting a good lot of those somethings will be trash cans.

*(please don't hold me to that...)

Atleast, something is coming to Cedar Point in 2009 according to an interview with Kinzel a few months ago. You don't mention new trash cans in an interview. Of course, he could be leading us away from whats really happening.

Anyway, sorry if anyone was annoyed by the AqauTrax comment. I really shouldn't bring that up again.

I heard a rumor that Silver Dollar City may be getting a Mystery Mine type coaster, and that Dollywood may be getting an S&S Swing. Anybody think this will happen?

It will not be next year if SDC does bring the Mystery Mine concept to their park. Now the Giant Swing is almost a given at DW.

As far as what SDC is getting next season... what can be released as of now is that the park will have another "Medium-Cap" season next year -- FWIW, Grand Expo and Giant Swing were considered "Medium-Caps" and they were in the $6-$8Million range.

As of right now, HFEC has no idea what they want to add to CC for 2008. They are looking at how the two new animal shows do this season and that will determine if they renew the contracts for next season. They were extremely disappointed with the response from last seasons MBX show (which wasn't too surprising as the show sucked).

Oh and one last thing, the word right now is that the next large cap will be in 2009 -- PowderKeg was the last LARGE cap at SDC

^I doubt a dive machine for KI, Busch has a contract with B&M about dive machines until 5 years after Sheikra, and even then I don't know if KI would get one.

I remember hearing at SFOG that they were taking out a drop ride (AKA acrophobia) and putting in something with spiderman (this is from the employee working in the gift shop at the exit for Goliath).

I also heard somewhere that Cedar Point is getting a dark ride and a kiddie coaster in the next few years. Personally i hope this is true, though i doubt it.

^I doubt a dive machine for KI, Busch has a contract with B&M about dive machines until 5 years after Sheikra, and even then I don't know if KI would get one.

I remember hearing at SFOG that they were taking out a drop ride (AKA acrophobia) and putting in something with spiderman (this is from the employee working in the gift shop at the exit for Goliath).

I also heard somewhere that Cedar Point is getting a dark ride and a kiddie coaster in the next few years. Personally i hope this is true, though i doubt it.

Um, I'm guessing they meant free fall, not acrophobia, one because free fall was just removed, two because they wouldn't take out Acro, because its only about 4 years old and still fairly popular, three because nothing could fit in that space anyway. AND I don't think Six Flags even has a liscence on Spiderman, except for game prizes.

Of course KI isnt getting a dive machine. You must be reffering to the verticle drop on their planned accellorator for next year.

That`s lie,only Universal has the Spiderman license!

New romurs:

1.Haunted Mansion should debut in Disneyland Hongkong in near future,romurs says it will be at Adventureland or Main Street.

2.Disneyland Anaheim is planning a third park in the area,but if the idea,dosn`t go through,the park have plans on a water park.

3.I have been hearing about something like a Inverted-Stand Up-Floorless coaster for a park somewhere in USA...

Alton Towers promises a new woodie for 2008,Wikipedia says.

The plans are on a family woodie rollercoaster,the manufacter is uknown (Think,RCDB hasn`t listed this yet) and no more info has been released.

Unless you have physical proof that such a contract exists, that is a total and complete lie about B&M and the Dive Machines.

Also, is Cedar Point planning their next ride yet? I havent heard any rumors about their next project.

Cedar Point works on 5 year plans.

So I can assure you that the next few years are already planned to some extent.

They don't just sit down in the off season and go "So what should we do next year?".