TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

A new themed area is coming to Six Flags Great Adventure. In order to try and capitalize upon the success of Cedar Fair Parks, Six Flags Great Adventure will be be retheming the Golden Kingdom to...Garbage Can Land! Yes! Watch the kiddies have endless fun running around the cans, reaching in for prizes and suprises! Adults can have fun too, watching the biggest pile of Junk sit and breakdown from stylish garbage cans arranged to resemble a bench! Yes, it's all coming to you in 2008!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screamscape says that Michigan's Adventure is getting something new. A what you ask?

A new pathway of course!

Cedar Fair hopes this new atraction will keep guests coming back again and again

More seriously, Screamsacpe is saying that the two back areas of MIA are being connected, and will feature new rides, including a pair of S&S towers and a clone of Knott's Berry Farm's Sierra Sidewinder. They say it will be built up over several seasons in phases, and goes by the working title of Timbertown.

The state of Arizona is finally getting a Theme Park! Six Flags is building a new theme park in Arizona just outside of Casa Grande. The area they are looking at was the site of a formerly proposed theme park but didn't even get past the planning stages due to lack of interest. Six Flags says that the state has no major park and Casa Grande is nearly 30min from both Tucson and Phoenix (the most populated cities in the state). They believe that they will make huge revenue and profits off of this park due to the year round weather that this part of the state has.

Year round weather being 115 degrees on a cold day in the summer. Go Six Flags!

I heard that Tenn Tornado was suppose to be longer but due to construction underestimates (blasting thru the rocks for the first drop) the ride was scaled back which explains the such short ride...

Geauga Lake will get a hyper one of these years.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Man that was a good one!

But that is a totally true rumor! They'll build it at GL, complain about maintenance costs and then move it to KI or Michigans Adventure. At that same time, they'll remove Cornhole and put in a massive Pull-a-Duck and Win! booth.

(and yes, i did say Totally true rumor...

I once heard a rumor awhile back that Kent Beuscher (owner of Wild Adventures and Cypress Gardens) was considering adding low-cost Intamin rides to their parks.

Some of the rumors said a low-end Impulse coaster (like Steel Venom at Valleyfair!) or a Half Pipe, which are kind of small and low cost. Would have been nice to have an Intamin in Florida that isn't a flat ride.

I once heard a rumor awhile back that Kent Beuscher (owner of Wild Adventures and Cypress Gardens) was considering adding low-cost Intamin rides to their parks.

Some of the rumors said a low-end Impulse coaster (like Steel Venom at Valleyfair!) or a Half Pipe, which are kind of small and low cost. Would have been nice to have an Intamin in Florida that isn't a flat ride.

Wild Adventures "hahahaha"

World’s first 25’ tall impulse. (It would be a first)

Sad part is they would actually advertise it as the largest in the southeast.

Or hey there is always the first ¼ pipe to save costs, who needs to full half pipe, I mean really. Weeeee, ouch, weeeee, ouch.

Sorry live in NE Florida and always see Wild Adventures billboards and laugh at how they claim things, most coaster (under 40’ tall) thrills, blah blah.

So with all the hubbub raised about a coaster being too loud for the old Drachen Fire area of BGE, I had this idea last night.

That Drachen Fire area is quite big, and I believe Busch Gardens has a bit of expansion room. I think it'd be a smart idea for them to make a Switzerland area out of the old Drachen Fire area. They could make a mountain range sort of encasing the whole area. Wouldn't have to be too tall. Don't want em to mess with the buildings in Big Bad Wolf after all. Maybe put in a few flats in the middle area. Busch Gardens definitely needs them. After a year or two, the could put in a coaster in and around the mountain range! Perhaps a nice flying coaster with near misses of mountain peaks, or a wooden coaster that wouldn't be noisy. How? By placing it on the inside of the mountain range and on the park side if it goes out of the range. Noise reduction so that the pompous golf club or whatever can enjoy watching the grass grow in peace.

Any other ideas, or thoughts on my own ideas?

to counter Hard Rock Park which only caters to rock lovers, Plant Hollywood is making a park offcially called Ghetto Land where a wannabe Gangsta can be a real Gangsta and not get shot! featuring rides such as OMgZ dIz Iz Der BEEZT RoYde Eva!!!!11!!1! and the ever popular w00t dAt RidE was Sik yo!

I heard that SFMM is taking out X and putting Psyclone in its place. I am told that there will be one train on Psyclone with shoulderharness , lapbar, seat belt. The ride will make two to three laps.

I also was told that Cedar Point will take out Magnum for the worldes largest powered roller coaster, Raptor will be taken out for GL SLC

I was told that wasn't very funny. Mainly because you aren't the first person to do it in this thread.

And I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but when I look through this thread, I don't want to see 100 pages of jokes, I want to read things that mighta actually happen.

She's definitely singing the Theme Park Review anthem at the moment while grabbing her crotch.

That raises an interesting point, should Theme Park Review have it's own theme song, smells like a new contest to me.