TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

Cedar Point gets a 600ft Poler Coaster, including the observation deck tower to replace Space Spiral, and 4 600ft tall drop towers on the side of it . . . Now that would be amazing. (As long as it could all operate in "high" winds.) And of course all this would be located in STR old spot.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone heard anything about B&M making a Wingrider with one side facing backwards one side facing forwards going to a SF park and being named Two-face after Harvey Dent???

That won't happen due to safety requirements if 2 trains collide. This is the same reason that Thorpe park removed the backwards rows on The Swarm.

Were the backwards rows taken out as a result of the smiler accident?

My crazy ideas . . . . .

Six Flags America builds on more of the land they have available to have a Dark Ride and/or a Boomerang coaster

Ohhhh, a Boomerang coaster?? High hopes you have there.

Well . . . hope springs eternal. A Boomerang coaster doesn't really take up that much space (and neither does a 4D free spin or a Dark Ride).

Realistically for Six Flags America . . . . I'd say a 4D free spin is most likely

Disney retracking Matterhorn [...] with RMC Raptor track.

How ironical that would be! Matterhorn was the very first tubular steel roller-coaster, and the whole concept behind the T-rex/Raptor track is to get rid of tubular tubes and their drawbacks (mostly being weaker when bent).

So...let's get going on this!

Vekoma should bring back its "Illusion" coaster model, it's a shame that only two were made and we lost one in 1997, but there's still one or least there was one still operating after the closure of Opryland which was the home of the "Chaos" Vekoma Illusion coaster.

• 1 month later...
It looks kind of weird to me. There would either be tons of brakes or a lot of friction to only go 415 feet high after that drop without anything else to the layout.

A giant free-fall on the side of a tower is the only trick to the pony. Just like Dragster, it slams straight into the brakes.

It looks kind of weird to me. There would either be tons of brakes or a lot of friction to only go 415 feet high after that drop without anything else to the layout.

With a drop that high I'd factor in air resistance. It can only hit a certain speed until it stops accelerating, so I'm guessing it could only go that high up back.

What if Michigan's Adventure got one of those coasters for sale on interlink? I could see Kanonen, Zaturn, Venus (The Maurer Looper), or the Schwarzkopf looping star.

1596959791_Zaturn@MiA.thumb.png.6b11f75540a602b2289671cb59933db3.png

It would replace Corkscrew and the mini go-karts (if they're still there). It would stretch a bit into the lake but that'd be cool so. Kanonen also fits in the spot quite nicely.

So First off we would start with a recap

2011 saw Dinosaurs Alive! and Windseeker

2012 saw a waterpark improvement

2013 saw no major attractions

2014 saw Banshee

2015 saw a Planet Snoopy expansion

2016 saw another water park expansion

2017 will see Mystic Timbers

So let's predict 2018

Kings Island will see probably see some flat rides, Dinosaurs Alive will be torn

In 2019 - We Will see VooDoo, a giga coaster that is 320 feet tall, this is what i want the layout to be.

VooDoo.PNG.aec91518b2fe6fab2aa07ab6cf56b57e.PNG

The layout of the 2019 coaster, Will go above racer and replace Dinosaurs Alive

2020-202? COMING SOON!

^Being as we already have a thread about rumors and crazy ideas, I moved your post in here. We also have a discussion thread devoted to Kings Island.

Thank you.

Edited by cfc

Vekoma should bring back its "Illusion" coaster model, it's a shame that only two were made and we lost one in 1997, but there's still one or least there was one still operating after the closure of Opryland which was the home of the "Chaos" Vekoma Illusion coaster.

Bobbejaanland still has one to. I don't think this model needs a reboot, it's a pointless ride. The seeting arrangement is actually kind of cool though.