TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

Has anyone heard anything about B&M making a Wingrider with one side facing backwards one side facing forwards going to a SF park and being named Two-face after Harvey Dent???

Haha that'd be awesome!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had this crazy idea stirring in my head for a while now...Do you guys think it would be theoretically possible for B&M to be able to reprofile and retrack Titan and SFMM's Goliath and make them better rides? We've seen GCI do it with Ghostrider, we've seen B&M do it with The Incredible Hulk...Do you think that B&M could be able to really spruce Goliath and Titan up?

I've had this crazy idea stirring in my head for a while now...Do you guys think it would be theoretically possible for B&M to be able to reprofile and retrack Titan and SFMM's Goliath and make them better rides? We've seen GCI do it with Ghostrider, we've seen B&M do it with The Incredible Hulk...Do you think that B&M could be able to really spruce Goliath and Titan up?

IIRC Hulk was just re-tracked. Although it's possible the sections that were considered "rough" were probably smoothed out (creating a profile difference of maybe a few centimeters).

Although to make Goliath more interesting; it could use a steeper drop, better trains, more airtime, and an overbanked turn similar to MF.

Has anyone heard anything about B&M making a Wingrider with one side facing backwards one side facing forwards going to a SF park and being named Two-face after Harvey Dent???

That won't happen due to safety requirements if 2 trains collide. This is the same reason that Thorpe park removed the backwards rows on The Swarm.

In a word, no. Woodies like GR can be easily re-tracked because it doesn't require any changes to the support structure. The tracks are separate from the structure.

With steel coasters like B&M, however, the ties are built onto the track and the spine helps to support it as well. Also, none of the existing track could be used because though the Giovanola track looks B&M it's actually narrower. Titan, Goliath, and Anaconda are all two abreast coasters. B&M would basically have to completely rebuild a whole new coaster, which is what they did with Hulk. Hulk wasn't re-tracked. It was rebuilt.

I'm just going to post this here...

A new Mack Big Dipper layout appeared in a German documentary about the company the other day.

mack001.thumb.png.a6d2e91563ad33c4fc22f780506e21ae.png

mack_lg2.thumb.jpg.a8d2202c9dec4da1a721b201ffc8b4e7.jpg

mack_lg1.thumb.jpg.4df821c6628943c2f66c803bf5d54989.jpg

source: ZDF (from 22:35)

Has the "rumor" of Kings Dominion's Flight of Fear relocating to Dorney Park been mentioned yet?

I think you meant to say if Kings Dominion was planning on selling Flight of Fear to Darien Lake since Cedar Fair isn't doing a ride rotation program like a certain other theme park ownership company.

^Didn't SF cancel their ride rotation program after the recession?

Probably since Deja Vu/Goliath, Iron Wolf/Apocalypse, and the Spinning mouse that went to America were the last major coasters to be sent to other Six Flags parks.

Has the "rumor" of Kings Dominion's Flight of Fear relocating to Dorney Park been mentioned yet?

I think you meant to say if Kings Dominion was planning on selling Flight of Fear to Darien Lake since Cedar Fair isn't doing a ride rotation program like a certain other theme park ownership company.

Darien Lake

Restarted after recession. The rotation works by moving rides after a few years, so it isn't constant. But even now St Louis lost a flat to La Ronde for this season.

I'm just going to post this here...

A new Mack Big Dipper layout appeared in a German documentary about the company the other day.

[attachment=0]mack001.png[/attachment]

[attachment=2]mack_lg2.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]mack_lg1.jpg[/attachment]

source: ZDF (from 22:35)

So is it like a Mack dive coaster?

• 4 months later...

Restarted after recession. The rotation works by moving rides after a few years, so it isn't constant. But even now St Louis lost a flat to La Ronde for this season.

The flat you're speaking of had been in the park for decades and starting to look worn down. Thank god it moved.

Disney retracking Matterhorn [...] with RMC Raptor track.

How ironical that would be! Matterhorn was the very first tubular steel roller-coaster, and the whole concept behind the T-rex/Raptor track is to get rid of tubular tubes and their drawbacks (mostly being weaker when bent).