TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

I'm guessing you live in Delaware.

I don't see one of these sourcing away from other attractions, it just isn't enough of a draw. Then again, even the ones in Vegas fail.

I live in New Jersey, just an idea I had that was really crazy, but if built off I-95 it would have some draw.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, flying a wing coaster isn't any different than flying on a normal flyer...

Well it could be somewhat different. The cars would have to be changed, but instead of the typical flying coaster station, one would lay down on the car so the track and car wouldn't be above you. Both flying and lay down coasters the track and car are at your back. Imagine flying on Gatekeeper or X-Flight. The thing with this concept is that if a park wanted a flying winged coaster they could just buy new trains if they already have a winged coaster. I feel that the concept could work but it also could fail just as any other concept.

Just a little more on what I said about my wing-flyer idea, I think it would be an even more free feeling than a normal flyer. Remember this has kind of already been done... Think X2 after the first raven turn when the track inverts and the seats rotate so that you are positioned parallel to the ground in the flying position. Imagine that for the entire ride, but built by B&M and smooth... That would be cool!

I "encountered" a ride like this in a dream last night....

The basic concept is a mixture of an Intamin Looping-Starship and a Huss Ranger. It has a friction-wheel drive with counterweight like a Looping Starship. The "Ship" is open and as only the HUSS style padded lapbars as restraints. Next to that while slowly inverting the whole "Ship" is spinning like a Zamperla Rockin' Tug.

I thought it would be cool if B&M made a flying coaster that swings you and has trains as wide as Oblivions. It could maybe happen, but I can see the weight of the cars be to much for the arm that is holding them and I can see it be hard to have the cars swing due to the weight and length of them. I also thought of B&M making a flying coaster similar to a dive machine, with trains as wide as Griffons. Although the supporting might be a little challenging for such a ride, but I could see them pull it off though.

^It would have to be so overbuilt to support the stress, it doesn't seem likely to ever happen, lol.

Actually not that much. See how at some points T-express have track with enough clearence underneath and only lateral bracing:

Has anyone discussed the rumor that Disney's Animal Kingdom will soon have a night show? Has this been confirmed yet? I'm personally wary about a night show, since there's a possibility it could spook the animals. On the other hand, there could be some sort of change to some DAK attractions that has them incorporate primarily nocturnal animals, so that you can experience something at DAK past 5 P.M.

Anton Schwarzkopf's Facebook fan page posted this. Looks indeed like a Schwarzkopf coaster with high capacity.I love the seat design as long as it doesn't cut my hands off.

Let's call Knoebel's and ask them to build one

Anton Schwarzkopf's Facebook fan page posted this. Looks indeed like a Schwarzkopf coaster with high capacity.I love the seat design as long as it doesn't cut my hands off.

Looks like it was designed by Captain Nemo.

Let's call Knoebel's and ask them to build one

They actually shared this picture on their Facebook page last week:

Well, here's an interesting concept. I think we'll leave this one for someone else to work on.

I realize your comment was tongue-in-cheek, but I thought you'd appreciate hearing their thoughts on it.

Well if you think about it. It could maybe work if you did the physics right. You could have some type of weighing station before the car enters the cannon for it can caculate how fast it needs to go. After it exits the weighing station, the car could go on some type of catch cable that can launch it out of the cannon. Also the cannon could change angles for the car can make it every time to. Yes I know that would extremely hard to do and make, but like I know it won't ever be built in real life. Although who said it couldn't work?

That kind of coaster (gap in the track) was once tested:

It was a total failure, they filled the gap and run it as a normal coaster. (Source: Weird coaster fact thread)

I had seen this before, it was probably crazy scary ! I guess this would be the only coaster I'd REALLY be afraid of riding...

That kind of coaster (gap in the track) was once tested:

It was a total failure, they filled the gap and run it as a normal coaster. (Source: Weird coaster fact thread)

Well, considering that coaster was built at a time when they didn't have a lot of advance technology. I am sure with the technology we have today, we could probably make something like that.