TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had this crazy idea for a while. It might be hard to support, but RMC could redo racing woodies (Colossus, Rebel Yell, ect.) with the ability to perform zero-g rolls over onto the opposing side of the track. Kind of like a high-five on that Gravity Group in China, but a full roll over/under the other track. Of course, one side would get a bit ahead of the other and unless this is done twice it would make the coaster a möbius loop (unless it's done to Grand National at PBB! They should do it!)

Also, Intamin should start rehabbing woodies with plug and play track. Older historic ones such as The Racer or Cyclone that are aging could use track that is more durable to keep from needing retracked but still gives the nostalgia that RMC track would kill. If I'm correct it's just normal wooden track that's made better, and could probably save a few historic gems that are reaching the end of their lifespans.

Also, parks could start buying Carolina Cobra-style Vekoma trains for their Arrows that are getting rough. Vortex at KI could easily make these work, as could newer Arrows such as Tennessee Tornado. And I think Arrow hypers could also use the B&M trains that Steel Dragon has. Magnum XL-200 would ROCK with B&M seats. I haven't ridden it but I bet Big One wouldn't be half bad with B&M trains also.

Just a few coaster rehab ideas I've had...

• 2 weeks later...

Double Interlocking corkscrews. Much better than 4 heartline rolls to be honest.

Also, Intamin should start rehabbing woodies with plug and play track. Older historic ones such as The Racer or Cyclone that are aging could use track that is more durable to keep from needing retracked but still gives the nostalgia that RMC track would kill. If I'm correct it's just normal wooden track that's made better, and could probably save a few historic gems that are reaching the end of their lifespans.

Hmm. I don't think the plug-n-play works that way, by just slapping it down ontop of an existing structure. That track type is very unique, and unlike topper track (which is just a thicker steel panels ontop of the existing thinner steel panel), it is built around the structure iteslf. The whole plug-n-play woodie is built like an erector set, the wrong piece won't fit(I know this is true for any coaster, but it's even more true with something like this). So putting something like that on an old woodie wouldn't probably work out.

But Hey, I'm just an enthusiasts what do I know.

Also, parks could start buying Carolina Cobra-style Vekoma trains for their Arrows that are getting rough. Vortex at KI could easily make these work, as could newer Arrows such as Tennessee Tornado. And I think Arrow hypers could also use the B&M trains that Steel Dragon has. Magnum XL-200 would ROCK with B&M seats. I haven't ridden it but I bet Big One wouldn't be half bad with B&M trains also.

Just a few coaster rehab ideas I've had...

Yes to the vekoma, no to the arrow. Magnum XL-200 is doing fabulous with those old school arrow trains, I don't see why the park would spend money on something that is not needed. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

Rumoured 2014 addition for Movie World Gold Coast - 145m tower that is kind of a blend of Windseeker with a troika-type triple-gondola going up and down it. Riders sit on the outside and there would be thrill and scenic settings. Just a concept at this stage, but taller than Kingda Ka which is all that matters

^ I have really mixed feelings about this. While it'd be a pretty cool, unique ride it'd basically be a total waste of money, as its bound to be expensive. The money could go towards a much needed quality addition, such as a wooden coaster or even something as simple as a classic flatride. Also, it's ridiculously large and in a park as small as Movieworld it'd be an eyesore and dominate the skyline of the park, if not the whole of Queensland.

• 3 months later...
Rumoured 2014 addition for Movie World Gold Coast - 145m tower that is kind of a blend of Windseeker with a troika-type triple-gondola going up and down it. Riders sit on the outside and there would be thrill and scenic settings. Just a concept at this stage, but taller than Kingda Ka which is all that matters

So kinda like a ridiculously tall Huss Condor?

I don't know that it would be a huge waste.... i mean, it sounds better than the windseekers.

Colossus at SFMM getting and RMC I Box Treatment on one side and keeping one side as it is now. The coaster is running great it it will be a shame to see the whole thing go. OR... two dueling RMC's. Names: Iron colossus, Colossus Revamped, Colossus reborn, Colossus Steel coaster.

I have imagine B&M building a strata floorless with lap bars only, a beyond 121 degree drop (so that it would be the steepest) and 15 or 16 inversions while repeating the least of them possible. It could have an immelmann, loop, dive loop, zero-g roll, cobra roll, batwing, butterfly (like on goudurix), inclined loop, interlocking corkscrews, a cutback (like on skyrocket and space mountain mission two) and a double heartline roll. That would be 15 non repetitive inversions and it could feature the worlds tallest loop too. Well, I may keep dreaming...

I have imagine B&M building a strata floorless with lap bars only, a beyond 121 degree drop (so that it would be the steepest) and 15 or 16 inversions while repeating the least of them possible. It could have an immelmann, loop, dive loop, zero-g roll, cobra roll, batwing, butterfly (like on goudurix), inclined loop, interlocking corkscrews, a cutback (like on skyrocket and space mountain mission two) and a double heartline roll. That would be 15 non repetitive inversions and it could feature the worlds tallest loop too. Well, I may keep dreaming...

Wow B&M is competing with Gerstlauer on records!

Wow B&M is competing with Gerstlauer on records!

Oh yeah! All in one: tallest loop, most inversions and steepest drop!

You should pitch this to SFMM. Im sure they'd love it.

Colossus at SFMM getting and RMC I Box Treatment on one side and keeping one side as it is now. The coaster is running great it it will be a shame to see the whole thing go. OR... two dueling RMC's. Names: Iron colossus, Colossus Revamped, Colossus reborn, Colossus Steel coaster.

The only one of those names that sound remotely good is Iron Colossus. Also, I feel that if SFMM were to keep one side of Colossus as is, ridership would just not hold up to justify that.

Explain to me why this hasn't been done yet: A first drop of something like 170°, but hit at a pretty decent clip like the first drop on El Toro. So it's shaped kind of like an S (going right to left), with maybe a third of it being the initial "plunge/turnaround" and two thirds being the pullout. First you get huge negative Gs all around the initial drop, then huge positive Gs during the pullout. In my mind at least, this would make for the greatest first drop in history.

I came up with a bizarre idea for a coaster element. Imagine a hairpin turn, but tilted on its side so the coaster travels along a 90 degree banked section of track before doing a 180 degree turn, still with the coaster banked at 90 degrees. Basically, imagine a zacspin with a regular coaster car running along the side of it.

Would the forces experienced through this turn even be safe?

Sounds like you're talking about an unbanked turn, on it's side, going downhill, meaning the back of the train (at least, if not the whole thing) would get some bad lateral forces.

So kinda like a ridiculously tall Huss Condor?

I don't know that it would be a huge waste.... i mean, it sounds better than the windseekers.

More like Spinning Orbit at Berjaya Times Square. I actually was there today, but the ride was closed unfortunately. This proposal would just be a massive version of that. You can actually see it on Robb's video of Supersonic Odyssey when the train is ascending the lift hill.

Spinning-Orbit.jpg.e74d5931a19ef57153451c80cbbbf081.jpg

A 500+ tall Intamin with an elevator lift instead of a launch to the top. The elevator lift spins slowly as it reaches the top for a nice view. After the drop is a straight line of 400, 300, 200, and 150 foot tall hills. Then the ride hits a MCBR and becomes a clone of Expedition GeForce. All for a low cost of 200 million dollars,

I like the idea of both sides being redone, one side steel and the other wood like Outlaw Run. It would be the only of its kind in the world. Unfortunately, it also sounds super expensive.

A 500+ tall Intamin with an elevator lift instead of a launch to the top. The elevator lift spins slowly as it reaches the top for a nice view. After the drop is a straight line of 400, 300, 200, and 150 foot tall hills. Then the ride hits a MCBR and becomes a clone of Expedition GeForce. All for a low cost of 200 million dollars,

It's funny how I had had this idea of the second half of a ride being another one's clone too. I imagined a B&M giga invert that, after a 100 ft tall MCBR would be a batman clone. It would be awesome!

Here's my current theory, take Green Lantern at SfGadv, take out the standup trains, add floorless trains, and replace the inclined loop and hop twisty thing right after it with a Zero G Roll. I think the floorless trains could handle that layout.

Why would they turn Green Lantern into a floorless when they have Bizzarro?

Here's my current theory, take Green Lantern at SfGadv, take out the standup trains, add floorless trains, and replace the inclined loop and hop twisty thing right after it with a Zero G Roll. I think the floorless trains could handle that layout.

I was thinking of that layout, but it wouldn't have to be at SfGadv, it could be anywhere, like SfGam (hopefully).

I was thinking of that layout, but it wouldn't have to be at SfGadv, it could be anywhere, like SfGam (hopefully).

Oh I see, my apologies. Would probably be a pretty legit ride.