TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

^I actually think that's a really cool idea, and would be a crazy-great way for them to have a completely new coaster (and yes, I'd count that as two credits!) without taking up an ounce of extra space.

I agree it's an excellent idea. You could even have one train that's flying and one that's suspended. That would be two experiences in the same coaster, an excellent marketing point for the park. Like I said, the only thing is that the ride would have to be able to accommodate for both styles of train in the design.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I love it, while we're on this subject, I actually think that Silver Bullet would be fantastic as an invert.

Here's where my "Crazy Idea" part comes in: Replace the Cobra Roll with a Horseshoe and replace the loop with a speed hill.

Think about it: Getting forces on your back from what should have caused airtime seems absolutely amazing.

I agree that making SB a flying coaster seems to be a good idea. Although G's on the chest may be a problem, Stingray does have an outside loop. Still, I doubt it would happen. But, pretty much all of the post golden age inverts do seem to give more of the flying coaster vibe anyway.

I guess I didn't really have anywhere else to post this without making a new thread, so here goes:

I had a really weird dream last night of a Double Shot S&S tower that had six Gs on the way up and negative 2 Gs on the way down. Do you really suppose this is possible? It would be absolutely bananas, and I remember graying out on the way up. Sounds like a weird post, I know. Just an interesting thought.

I guess I didn't really have anywhere else to post this without making a new thread, so here goes:

I had a really weird dream last night of a Double Shot S&S tower that had six Gs on the way up and negative 2 Gs on the way down. Do you really suppose this is possible? It would be absolutely bananas, and I remember graying out on the way up. Sounds like a weird post, I know. Just an interesting thought.

It's possible to make a S&S Double Shot that crazy, but it would be very uncomfortable and would be way too intense for the normal park guest.

Yeah, that's way too high for safety reasons. Manufacturers don't want to hit any more than 5Gs for a specific amount of time (think it's only for a few seconds.) They try to shoot anywhere from 3G to 4.5G for their maximum. Negative though, they try to get it anywhere in between .5G and -2G. Anything greater than those numbers, they consider too dangerous.

Sorry if it feels like I'm spamming this thread, but I found one of my old projects yesterday and decided to show it here.

The goal of this is to create a low maintenance and medium cost Flying Coaster that has no need for the movement of the trains for loading, reducing running costs. The station is built around the main lift in four sections, meaning two stations (one for loading, one for unloading) and a minimum of 5 blocks, meaning that at least three trains could run at one time without MCBRs included. With only two MCBRs, this coaster could run 4 or even 5 trains at once. Think of it as a "flying Eurofighter coaster".

Just an idea.

Here's what a basic layout would look like:

I really wish I could make this a reality, but I have the feeling I would need about 10 more years and countless hours of engineering classes before I could even try.

Didn't exactly know where to post this and decided against making a new thread. It is a rumor, though.

So I was reading around on the Wikepedia SBNO rides page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standing_but_not_operating) and found something weird under the "Ghost town in the sky" section of the page:

A coaster is in storage in the decaying employee parking lot and storage buildings. It is a looping coaster similar to Vortex, located at Kings Island. It was originally located at Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, Illinois.

If that coaster really is there, is it Shockwave from SFGAm? As a Arrow fan, if it is there I hope that it gets refurbed and opened if Ghost town in the sky ever opens again.

• 1 month later...
As much as I love it, while we're on this subject, I actually think that Silver Bullet would be fantastic as an invert.

Here's where my "Crazy Idea" part comes in: Replace the Cobra Roll with a Horseshoe and replace the loop with a speed hill.

Think about it: Getting forces on your back from what should have caused airtime seems absolutely amazing.

I would recommend removing the last helix as well... But that does sound like a lot of fun! Heck, they could probably turn the first drop in to a fly-to-lie and make the loop an inside loop, then lie-to-fly on the over-bank, and go from there. Would be a really unique experience!

• 4 weeks later...

About the flying coaster, randomman295, that would actually be a great ride I think. You should show it to a company, or if you want to do that on your own, pleez do so. Good luck with that if you are going to try to bring that to reality!

A 5th Dimensional roller coaster. Like Free Fly mixed with X2. A circles within circles kind of thing. Another idea is a tilt roller coaster that goes in to a man made volcano.

Well, if you check out the IAAPA coverage that was posted last year, S&S was showing a concept for a ride similar to what you're explaining.

• 2 weeks later...

Indiana Beach might have some big plans. While the information came from a ride op, she seemed to know what she was talking about. Galaxi will be removed to make way for a water park expansion/renovation. Additionally, the flying bobs will be removed due to a $20,000 part still not fixing the ride. The rest of the park will undergo a major renovation as well. I heard about this when I overheard the ride op at the drop tower talking about it to someone on the side of the tower to my right, and then I inquired further.

• 3 weeks later...

Not a rumour but definitely a crazy idea. Australian billionaire Clive Palmer (the man also bringing us Titanic 2: Iceberg's Revenge) has received approval to open a supersized version of Dinosaurs Alive in Queensland: www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-25/palmer-gets-go-ahead-to-build-worlds-biggest-dino-park/4842292.

Billionaire Clive Palmer has been given approval to build the world's biggest dinosaur park at his resort on Queensland's Sunshine Coast.

Mr Palmer already has two life-size dinosaurs on the golf course at his Coolum resort.

Today, the Sunshine Coast Regional Council unanimously approved Mr Palmer's development application to further develop a dinosaur exhibit at his resort, subject to 30 conditions.

The exhibit will house up to 160 animated replica dinosaurs, adding to those already on display at his resort near Coolum.

The project also includes a vintage car museum.

The council received almost 200 objections to the proposal. They included concerns from resort residents about noise from roaring dinosaurs.

According to the report residents should not worry as the animatronic beasts will be "classy". I assume this means they will have monocles, top hats and pocket watches. At any rate, one more reason for TPR to do another Aussie trip I guess...

Not a rumour but definitely a crazy idea. Australian billionaire Clive Palmer (the man also bringing us Titanic 2: Iceberg's Revenge) has received approval to open a supersized version of Dinosaurs Alive in Queensland: www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-25/palmer-gets-go-ahead-to-build-worlds-biggest-dino-park/4842292.

Billionaire Clive Palmer has been given approval to build the world's biggest dinosaur park at his resort on Queensland's Sunshine Coast.

Mr Palmer already has two life-size dinosaurs on the golf course at his Coolum resort.

Today, the Sunshine Coast Regional Council unanimously approved Mr Palmer's development application to further develop a dinosaur exhibit at his resort, subject to 30 conditions.

The exhibit will house up to 160 animated replica dinosaurs, adding to those already on display at his resort near Coolum.

The project also includes a vintage car museum.

The council received almost 200 objections to the proposal. They included concerns from resort residents about noise from roaring dinosaurs.

According to the report residents should not worry as the animatronic beasts will be "classy". I assume this means they will have monocles, top hats and pocket watches. At any rate, one more reason for TPR to do another Aussie trip I guess...

You mean, like this?