TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

The revitalization of the Texas Giant cost about $10 million. Keep in mind that a lot of the concrete footing and structure from the original coaster is still there. So, creating a coaster exactly like New Texas Giant from scratch would probably cost a lot more.

Speaking of those coasters, I thought that GhostRider was being re-profiled?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Balder cost between $8-10 million USD. I think it would be safe to assume that El Toro likely cost something around $15 million. I think this new ride at SDC is costing $10-12 million, but I might just be making that up thinking I read it somewhere. So assuming that the two are building the same ride, you're probably looking at about the same price tag.

Park: Stratosphere Hotel and Casion, Las Vegas Nevada

Classification: Amusement Ride

Type: Drop Tower

Designer: JonnyRCT3

Manufacturer: Intamin AG

Lift/Launch System: Cable Lift

Cost: 10,000,000$ USD

Capacity: 450 riders per hour

Length: 872'

Drop: 700'

Lift Speed: 15mph

Drop Speed: 87 mph

Dop Duration: 8 seconds

Lift Duration: 58 seconds

Vertical Angle: 90°

Drop Acceleration: 0-87mph in 8 seconds

Cars: 1; 10 passenger gondola. 1,500 lbs

Restraints: two-lock Seatbelt, over-the shoulder restraint.

If only....

So here's my "crazy idea"....

SFNE has confirmed their Skyscramer XL, and SFOT is rumored to get one. I have always had this feeling that SFI has one more normal Skyscreamer up their sleeve.

Could SFOG get this Skyscreamer?

Out of the parks that haven't gotten them (SFMM,TGE,SFA,SFGAm,SFOG)...

-SFMM should be getting a coaster in 2013 and they are getting a Funtime Slingshot, so maybe SFI got them a slingshot instead of a Skyscreamer?(idk)

-SFGAm just got X-Flight and apparently has to go thru a similar approval process to SFNE for anything over 120 ft? So either this Skyscreamer is lo-key or not happening....

I have nothing against SFA or TGE, so that's why I'm not positive about this claim. That's my crazy idea!

Okay so I have to ask, why has Knotts been so quiet the past few years. Absolutely no rumors since the rumor of a giga coaster two years ago. Anyone heard anything?

I have heard speculation that they have been looking into dark ride manufacturers and they may use the old Kingdom of Dinosaurs building for a dark ride.

As for the giga, I have heard the park has thought about removing Perilous Plunge, so if they were planning to put the giga in the boardwalk, they would probably remove Boomerang and Riptide as well. Riptide could maybe be relocated in the park, PP would be scrapped and Boomerang may be relocated or sold.

My crazy idea is a a new type of drop tower for any park each seat has it's own individual drop track. Seats will be next to each other in a row of maybe ten or so. A computer will randomly select a seat and drop it while leaving the rest up. It will do this until no seats remain. I'd like to see this, although I know it's unlikely.

My crazy idea is a a new type of drop tower for any park each seat has it's own individual drop track. Seats will be next to each other in a row of maybe ten or so. A computer will randomly select a seat and drop it while leaving the rest up. It will do this until no seats remain. I'd like to see this, although I know it's unlikely.

Very possible although I would imagine it would be far more expensive than a typical drop ride because for each seat/car you would have to have track, a catch car, a lift system, brakes, sensors, etc. But the idea of each car randomly dropping individually is very interesting. I think it could be engineered but I don't think anyone would want to do it simply because of the cost involved.

I think that would be very cool! I think it would be neat if there was audio on the ride for like a Six Flags part that has the joker saying malicious stuff like " So whos going to be next? The little boy with the umbrella hat? Mwhahahaha!" then boom one person drops. You could have a voice person for it so they could look at the riders with cameras and comment on what they are wearing!

That sound likes it should be called russain roulette the ride.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an idea, since six flags has two Apocalypse rides, what if they make a large themed area with flat rides and shops themed to the Apocalypse with the main attraction being Apocalypse the ride (what ever type of roller coaster it is) at the next six flags to get that named ride. I thinking of themeing like destroyed buildings and a destroyed highway bridge over head as the surroundings.(what do you think of this idea?)

I think that would be very cool! I think it would be neat if there was audio on the ride for like a Six Flags part that has the joker saying malicious stuff like " So whos going to be next? The little boy with the umbrella hat? Mwhahahaha!" then boom one person drops. You could have a voice person for it so they could look at the riders with cameras and comment on what they are wearing!

By the way I think this is a great idea and several pages back I said something like this and others had great ideas for it too if you need any more ideas.(page 166 and 167)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my newest crazy idea. I sent similar e-mails to a few SF parks (yes, they do contain lots of praising SF):

To whom it may concern at Six Flags management;

Hello. I have had great experiences at your California theme parks and have suggestions for further advancing these parks into full-fledged entertainment and culture centers.

While on a trip to Magic Mountain in June 2011, I stayed at a hotel that, however decent, lacked charm and authority. Also, the shops and restaurants were fine but could use a broader spectrum.

This is where Six Flags comes in. As Six Flags [iNSERT PARK HERE] is already a thrill destination for many, why not expand to accommodation, retail, and food beyond the typical starting at a resort like this?

First of all: Six Flags Hotel and Suites. This would provide an authoritative and charming hotel experience. It could utilize the 6-color festive palette of the corporate insignia. Also suggested:

-Benefits for SFH&S guests, such as early entry

-Complimentary breakfast

-Indoor or outdoor pool

-Sauna and/or exercise room

-Gift shop that could be the flagship store so travelers can take home a bit of Six Flags charm

As for room amenities, free and secure Wi-Fi would be appreciated by many (included with room).

Enough with the Six Flags Hotel; what about an upscale center of retail, dining, and entertainment? The Marketing people can do their job with naming, but I could see an open-air or glass-roofed arcade mall-like center with delicious and unique dining establishments, ranging from family experiences to formal dining, and shops that you wouldn't find just anywhere. There would also be innovative entertainment: Imagine a giant IMAX theater, or a zip line flying above the strip. The center could showcase an exciting environment full of amazing and endless potential.

Now, these are just suggestions, so the choice is all up to you, but I ask you: Do you want just a world-class amusement park, or do you want to go beyond theme parks into a venerable entertainment, retail, dining, lodging, and culture destination?

Please e-mail me if you consider this idea. Thanks!

-A

The RCT suspended flying coaster was based off the actual first flying coaster, Skytrak at Granada Studios. Single passenger trains did not work out well for capacity.

How about an Intamin flying coaster? I wonder why they haven't branched off to build those.

• 2 weeks later...
Here is an idea, since six flags has two Apocalypse rides, what if they make a large themed area with flat rides and shops themed to the Apocalypse with the main attraction being Apocalypse the ride (what ever type of roller coaster it is) at the next six flags to get that named ride. I thinking of themeing like destroyed buildings and a destroyed highway bridge over head as the surroundings.(what do you think of this idea?)

I really like that idea, and I could actually see it as plausible. The whole Zombie/Apocalypse thing is really big right now anyway. And another plus is that Six Flags could let the theming get a little run down and it wouldn't matter because that's what it's supposed to look like.

That gave me another crazy idea. Has anyone heard of the Zombie Apocalypse obstacle course? It's this traveling thing that toured around several U.S. cities where you could buy a ticket and participate, or volunteer to be a "Zombie". It was this long obstacle course through the woods with live actors (Zombies) pursuing you as you traverse the course. At the end was a big concert. I could see a smaller-scale version of this being implemented as an upcharge in amusement parks. It could be Six Flags' answer to Dinosaurs Alive! It would be pretty cheap to pull off, too. The biggest expense would be to pay the Zombies.

California's Great America may be adding a Windseeker in 2014 or later. It will take the spot of the former Invertigo site. If this rumor ends up being true, I think it would be a nice addition to the park even if it is a smaller model compared to the others.