TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

Designer Floorless chassis for stand-up coasters. Making it easier for Stand-Ups to become more modern without having to build a new coaster. An amateur attempt at a reinvention of the stand-up.

Wouldn't that be a bit painful to men?

How would that be painful?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Designer Floorless chassis for stand-up coasters. Making it easier for Stand-Ups to become more modern without having to build a new coaster. An amateur attempt at a reinvention of the stand-up.

That sounds extremely painful! A Floorless Stand-Up Coaster sounds like it could smash your balls just by going up the lift!

That sounds extremely painful! A Floorless Stand-Up Coaster sounds like it could smash your balls just by going up the lift!

Smash and pulverize!

Smash and pulverize!

The Ride!

There's all kinds of rumors flying around.

I've heard its gunna be some epic terrain coaster that rivals Maverick and will be the longest coaster on Earth.

There's also the record breaking inversion, and having multiples launches.

If so 2013 will finally have to be the year I go to Cali! Well ok Im going anyway haha

^ Yes, I don't know how I forgot those two rides.

Well if its true I would assume you would be right. Although, the loops on those rides are not too close to the height of Goliath. Haven't heard this rumor before though. By the way, I just read the rumor on Screamscape about the "Full Throttle" everyone's talking about, claiming it will be a 500 mph roller coaster. I seriously don't believe that. A coaster hasn't even passed the 200 mph mark yet, and there's talks for a 500 mph coaster being built? That sounds really unlikely.

2013 - Full Throttle - (4/24/12) Several SFMM locals have reported over at CoasterFusion about receiving an e-mail survey to get their opinion on the name “Full Throttle” for a future park attraction. One very very interesting question in the survey seems to give away a possible major spoiler for the ride experience. “Lets’s say that at some point in themiddle of the full throttle themed ride there is some kind of tunnel. During this ride you’d shoot into the tunnel at 500 miles per hour, stop short, wait a few moments and then fly out of the tunnel backwards the way you came in. What kind of experience would you want to have in the tunnel? Keep in mind that the ride is only going to be in the tunnel for several seconds before they shoot back out backwards. What should they experience?”

Wow… while the 500mph bit is complete over-hype… the basic concept here sounds very interesting experience may be planned for the former monorail tunnel inside the mountain itself.

What kind of manufacturer makes coasters that go that fast? It would have to be a new prototype, wouldn't it?

I think its the most ridiculous rumor I've ever heard, and actually kinda funny. I would think a roller coaster that went that fast would kill you unless you were enclosed in something (like an enclosed vehicle). And I would think they would have to. If Formula Rossa (which travels at 149 mph) requires riders to wear safety goggles, I would imagine on this breed of coaster the riders would sit in completely enclosed vehicles. That would be interesting.

Edited by brock_boehm

I think its the most ridiculous rumor I've ever heard, and actually kinda funny.

I think Six Flags was purposefully exaggerating the question so they wouldn't give away any actual details. The point was to get opinions about the tunnel experience on a very fast coaster. The GP don't really know the difference between 80 MPH and 500 anyway.

Found a mention of a new coaster from Gerstlauer being developed/installed at Tripsdrill in 2013..

Für das nächste Jahr entwickelt Gerstlauer eine über 30 Meter hohe LSM-Achterbahn, die im süddeutschen Freizeitpark Tripsdrill auf einem Gelände in direkter Nähe zur Holzachterbahn Mammut errichtet werden soll.

source

Let's wait and see... but it could be a nice addition to the park.

What I meant was, REPLACE the stand-up cars with floorless ones.

I feel like talking about some six flags rumors right now. First the rumor of Bizzaro at SFAdv, if they were to remove it I believe it would go to SFOT for they have had the rumor about making D.C. universe and that would fit in. I see Bizzaro being replaced by a wing coaster of maybe a B&M 4D coaster that they have been working on. I do see flashback leaving for next year and probably sold or moved to SFStL. Since we heard that two skyscreamers are to be built for next year one to SFNE (maybe) and the other probably to SFOG or maybe to SFOT where flashback is now. What do you think?