TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

^^ That Madhouse photo would be awesome if coupled with this idea:

For maximum mind****ery I'd have like 6 cars that are lifted at once, all facing in towards each other, and then each one falls at random. Imagine sitting waiting, no idea when, and having to watch others fall first!

Think about it-- you're being pulled up through darkness while looking across at other riders, and once at the top, you sit and watch the other cars plunge into darkness, not knowing when you'll do the same! It would be amazing if pulled off right.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, anyone hear anything even remotely similar to this? Was in line at X-Flight at SFGAM yesterday and overheard some (50's-ish) guy in a Blue Oyster Cult "T", slightly ahead of me in the queue near the station (he went to the right side and I went to the left, sorry, love the back outside left seat---and I didn't run into him anywhere else during the day for clarification) but...anywho...he was mentioning something to the couple behind him about the (rumored/for sure) project at Cedar Point next year....and he didn't say anything I haven't already heard or have read, but two things:

Cedar Point's sky tower isn't going anywhere, just part of the queue will be revamped and the new/proposed wingrider will fly around it, and that it's going to be called "Erie's Fury" (after Lake Erie I would imagine) and stretch out over the water at some point.

Anyone with any other info???? Agreements/Disagreements...whatever, it was just some news I haven't heard before and I am curious

And dude (with the BOC "T" at SFGAM 7/10/12,) if you are on TPR...a response would be good, or a post here.

P.S. May post a non pic review of the park yesterday, but what was with all the B&M's (excluding Bull) breaking down over and over? Anytime I got near one there was an E-stop, station malfunction or what have you....started to think I was Cousin Oliver from The Brady Bunch and jinxing everything.

Also, in regards to my last post^ I have a question. CAN Cedar Point actually build out over the shoreline or just next to it? Anyone with zoning or maritime law knowledge in Sandusky...what're the options. Anyone, anyone, Bueller???

The beach is one thing, that is land that is "owned" by CP.....when things start strectching out into the water, there are lots of regulations....that's my real question....different states have different regulations regarding the amount of "water" that is "yours" to build on. Sometimes you "own" frontage, and sometimes you do not.

Just because you can sink a footer on the beach doesn't mean you can put one in the 'drink' per se.

I have no conception of the rules in Ohio regarding what the rules are building out into the lake.

Again, it seemed like "blue oyster cult" man had some info...not saying it's true or accurate.....and could be garbage...just saying that's what I heard.......

And on a side note, "Blue Oyster Cult Man" with the C.P. prohecies.....why was that woman wearing enormous high heels at an amusement park? Wow, that looked unconfortable!!!...

Again, if you are on TPR, Please post a response........this is bugging me.

Anyone else "in the know" is welcome to respond here as well......

I've got an Crazy Idea that fits this thread perfectly.

What if Cp extended The Dragsters Drop an additional 100', making it the first Strata and "whatever comes next coaster"

I've done some "rough" calculations and it should hit about 135-140mph. A decent attempt at the speed record. If Cp were to redo the upwards incline, and raise the top hat, they could easily reclaim the height record, and with an even faster launch speed. And add that to the 135-140mph, you got a coaster around 150mph. Making it the KING of Coasters once again.

*I imagine their will be trims along the upwards incline out of the tunnel, before hitting the slight air-time inducing bend.*

If they spent an estimated 10,000,000$ refurb, the ride could really reclaims it's former glory. It's not needed but still possible. The hydraulic engine may be modified just slightly, because it's designed to launch heavier objects at higher accelerations.

Not sure if this has ever been said so I am sorry if it has. Now keep in mind I have only been to parks on the east coast of the USA so this could exist somewhere in the world...

I am a die hard flat ride enthusiast so every time one I always am consistently thinking of ways to improve/change them. One of my favorites is the Scrambler. I would love to see one that once the car flings out farther est from the ride it either spins or the car pivots/swings out. Not sure if this is even possible but I thought of it sitting here at work.

Also another idea I had is for drop rides. Since we have several different kinds and even one that you "stand up" on I think it would be neat to have one where you are laying down. Have seats like on the carnival Cliff Hanger flat ride. In a way I think it would be neat to see the ground coming directly to your face. Not sure if this is possible either but its "crazy idea".

Now, lets see how many people rip these ideas apart hehe

Now that Timber Tower is officially gone from Dollywood, I feel like the park needs something to replace it. I think it would be awesome if they could add a free fall attraction, ideally an Intamin Gyro Drop. Maybe it could be themed around a watch tower or a lookout tower? I don't know what they could theme it after. That would be awesome. It would have to be in a few years because they just added Wild Eagle. I would want it to be in the same area as Wild Eagle. This isn't a rumor. Just an idea I think could be cool.

Okay, so, I was thinking long and hard with this question in my head, "What should replace Garfield's Nightmare?" And I came up with two crazy ideas as a replacement for Garfield's Nightmare.

1. My first idea was that Kennywood could pay homage to the classic Gold Rusher dark ride in a special way. Retheme Garfield's Nightmare into an abandoned gold mine to pay homage to a great dark ride that was sadly replaced (Ghostwood Estate still is an amazing shooter).

2. Bring it back to an abandoned steel mill. If not the steel mill, then the gold mine.

I like both ideas, but right now, Kennywood is considering the Old Mill returning.

One of my favorites is the Scrambler. I would love to see one that once the car flings out farther est from the ride it either spins or the car pivots/swings out. Not sure if this is even possible but I thought of it sitting here at work.

Sounds almost like something the Huss Troikas do before coming to a stop. The cars tend to fling out when the star wheels change their directions while the whole ride spins. Though your idea does have some potential to it.

^ Maurer Sohne already have a launched Skyloop concept on their website.

http://www.maurer-rides.com/x-coaster/skyloop/launch/

I'd love to see this become a reality. Not sure who designed the idea, but it's basically a no limits creation of a Skyloop with a non inverting loop. I guess it almost is a reality as the design is very similar to Superman Ultimate Flight.

What if B&M designed a chassis that could support a Stand-Up, Floorless, Sit-Down and A Wing Rider.

Now add those trains on a twisty/loopy layout, and you have a great innovative coaster. And set 3X more records.

OR.....

A Winged Flyer Coaster. A Wing coaster, but with your body facing down(in a flying position, like on a flying coaster) now THATS a flying coaster.

AND....

Designer Floorless chassis for stand-up coasters. Making it easier for Stand-Ups to become more modern without having to build a new coaster. An amateur attempt at a reinvention of the stand-up.

ALSO....

Add magnetic-trims at the top of S:TEFK @SF:MM. It would be an awesome experience, nearly stopping 400' feet in the air with an extended view before dropping straight back down. Like what's seen here of Skyrocket. Pay attention to the first drop and how it drops slow(due to an intentional trim)

Designer Floorless chassis for stand-up coasters. Making it easier for Stand-Ups to become more modern without having to build a new coaster. An amateur attempt at a reinvention of the stand-up.

Wouldn't that be a bit painful to men? In any case, Universal's adding an Intamin Giga Coaster after Potter 2. It'll be called Harry Potter and the Intamin Giga Coaster. There will be an attached Harry Potter gift shop, of course, and the on-ride photos will have Daniel Radcliffe photoshopped into the row as though he is sitting next to you (they will cost $76.95 with 2-park ticket or $126.95 without).

A Winged Flyer Coaster. A Wing coaster, but with your body facing down(in a flying position, like on a flying coaster) now THATS a flying coaster.

I always thought about this, but it makes no sense on a flying coaster. On a flying coaster, you don't see the track and the winged design will have little effect on the coaster.