TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

new to the board,

My first crazy idea is for the Landry Corp to take over Mud Island from the City of Memphis and give it a makeover like Kemah and Galvaston while keeping the amphitheater and riverwalk, marina and mabe the oft forgotten museum. Build a Boardwalk Bullet type woodie, The Earthquake or steel floorless that ventures out over the Mississippi just a little. A wet ride like Tom and Huck's at SDC but themed like a Civil War river battle with the boats fashioned like iron clads and the ground water cannons like a battery. Use no insignia from either North or South. It already has a new tourist draw to yelp with Bass Pro's conversion of the Pyramid into a superstore and massive visibility from I-40. One of the ideas for reusing the Pyramid was an indoor amusement/water park like Nickelodeon Universe at MOA. Memphis is also building a developement called Beale Street Landing and also has the Memphis in May festivities on the main bank. a new Riverboat line plans on headquartering there as it's main terminal. The Island wouldn't be subjected to just anyone walking through because access would be restricted to the ped bridge/tram option. A Bubba Gump on the Sippi just seems to belong.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Spanish press seem to be spreading rumours and speculating that Parque Warner in

From here in Spain i have to say that the rumor is false!. The fact is that the train that connected the city center with the park is going to close due to the high cost and the low use of the line when the parks closed. The park is nowadays in a very good situation. Is not going to close soon.

It seems that a few members of the Spanish press would disagree that "All is well"

>> http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1158016#p1158016

The Spanish press seem to be spreading rumours and speculating that Parque Warner in Madrid may soon be about to close down >> http://www.tumbit.com/news/articles/5050-madrids-parque-warner-rumoured-to-close.html

Between the Batman clone, Vekoma GIB, and a good looking floorless, this park has one of the better looking coaster lineups in Europe. That would be unfortunate if true,

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all people! Greetings from Cali! I have just arrived from my visit to Six Flags Magic Mountain in California. I have acquired some amazing news, and just have to share it with other people. While I was standing in line for Tatsu, a host for a ride came up to me asking me to apply for a survey for a $200 dollar gift card, and I did, after I asked him what they would do with the space where the Deja Vu ride used to be. (This ride has been demolished from last october) He answered me saying that they will make a new ride that is suspended, something like tatsu, only better. That made me excited, but there was another rollercoaster he revealed. He started telling me and my friend about a new ride that will be higher than the tallest rollercoaster in the world, the KingDa Ka he said that it would be even better, in the fact that not only will it be taller, it will also have a different type of loop. In the Kingda Ka, you experience a small corkscrew, but nothing special, and he said in this one they will be doing something totally brand new. This has made me excited because I was planning on going to New Jersey Just to Ride the Kingda Ka rollercoaster. But know at home here in Valencia, California We will NOW have the tallest rollercoaster in the world. I am so excited!!! Share your feedback here on this topic!

MOD EDIT: Posting POV's (violation of park rules) is NOT permitted.-Joey

Edited by Jew

Haha, are they really allowed to lie about things? He said he didnt know the name, he just told me some details about it, and the line started moving. He said a lot about the taller than Kingda Ka coaster. I don't really think it was a joke, cause the guy didnt look like he was lying, and he was also excited so Im really not sure.

Haha, are they really allowed to lie about things? He said he didnt know the name, he just told me some details about it, and the line started moving. He said a lot about the taller than Kingda Ka coaster. I don't really think it was a joke, cause the guy didnt look like he was lying, and he was also excited so Im really not sure.

Youmust be new to the way the industry rumor mill functions....truth is that park staff conducting surveys or operating rides have next to no reliable information regarding future projects,and the only ones that do aren't going to go around telling guests about it while in line for rides...instead they choose to let marketing staff do so by way of official announcements on the park's website.

Hello all people! Greetings from Cali! I have just arrived from my visit to Six Flags Magic Mountain in California. I have acquired some amazing news, and just have to share it with other people. While I was standing in line for Tatsu, a host for a ride came up to me asking me to apply for a survey for a $200 dollar gift card, and I did, after I asked him what they would do with the space where the Deja Vu ride used to be. (This ride has been demolished from last october) He answered me saying that they will make a new ride that is suspended, something like tatsu, only better. That made me excited, but there was another rollercoaster he revealed. He started telling me and my friend about a new ride that will be higher than the tallest rollercoaster in the world, the KingDa Ka he said that it would be even better, in the fact that not only will it be taller, it will also have a different type of loop. In the Kingda Ka, you experience a small corkscrew, but nothing special, and he said in this one they will be doing something totally brand new. This has made me excited because I was planning on going to New Jersey Just to Ride the Kingda Ka rollercoaster. But know at home here in Valencia, California We will NOW have the tallest rollercoaster in the world. I am so excited!!! Share your feedback here on this topic!

The chances of SFMM getting the tallest coaster in the world is about a billion to one. Though I'd love to be proved wrong.

Agreed. I agree that SFMM won't get the tallest coaster in the world. I rather have quality for a ride rather than a fancy title that could disappear as quickly as possible. I don't care if a park has the tallest coaster title or not as long as it's a fun ride with plenty of air time and is just an enjoyable ride.

The chances of SFMM getting the tallest coaster in the world is about a billion to one. Though I'd love to be proved wrong.

I'd bet against those odds in a heartbeat.

We've been hearing fishy stuff like this from ride hosts for months now. I really don't want the tallest ride in the world, and I absolutely cannot see it being placed where Deja Vu was. I'm still rooting for that multiple launched LSM coaster with a side of ejector airtime!

A ride host is as just as un-reliable as The Dippin' Dot's Guy.... But that suspended Coaster idea gave me a thought.... I know there is a super slight possibility this will happen but it sounds like an Inverted Impulse Coaster... Just Sayin'

I know theyre not big on the market anymore but that truly mean nothing... Look at MF(2000) then I305(2010). I have always thought SFMM would be great with an impulse coaster. Now that DejaVu is gone, I think it would be a great "replacement" but also a great addition to the park. Simple ride design, intense & thrilling.

I have just been browsing a few British coaster forums and there is a rumour going around that Drayton is planning to build a major coaster (most likely wooden) for the 2013 season. I have seen two locations mentioned: replacing/near the pirates ride or replacing/near the Buffalo Coaster. I really want this rumour to be true but I can't see it happening to be honest. Drayton has invested a lot recently with the hotel, Ben 10 and improving the look of the park.

^Hasn't that "rumor" been going around since before they built Ben 10? Even so, it would be nice to see Drayton get a new coaster the park seems quite nice.

It's not exactly "theme park" related, but it does pertain to the amusement Inudstry. The San Diego Zoo's Wild Safari Park AKA The Wild Animal Park closed down their infamous WGASA Bush Line Tram around 5-6 years ago, and promised two new "routes" when the new "Eco friendly" system using vehicles built by Chance.

Unfortunately the second Asian Loop never happened. However the park has been doing major updates and revamps, and the only area of the park that is still in dire need of a refresh is the Asian Animals area which looks like it got stuck in the late 80's.

Since the park is not for profit they hardly ever do any kind of large expansion work. However since they have finally completed most of the remodeling of the park, I think they may finally build the Asian loop and restore the Asian area of the park to its original, and awesome state.

• 2 weeks later...

On Screamscape's Dollywood Rumor Section:

???? - The Next Coaster - Rumor - (4/25/12) While Dollywood has just opened their latest coaster, I’m hearing rumors that Dollywood management will be keeping a close eye on the new Rocky Mountain Coaster project going up at sister park, Silver Dollar City for 2013. Seems they have an idea of their own they would like to see RMC work on in a couple of years.

This is certainaly intersing indeed.I wonder where it will go though if this rumor falls through?

• 1 month later...

Here's a crazy idea -

The scariest drop towers are the ones that seem like they hit the brakes at the very bottom of the tower, making you feel like you're going to slam into the ground.

What if a large drop tower (say, 250 feet tall) actually was built from a distance underground (say, 50 feet deep) and guests boarded higher up the tower (say, at ground level)? When the tower car reaches the top, the boarding platform opens up and the car drops. To riders, it would be the scariest thing in the world to be going at what seems like full speed ten feet above the boarding platform, only to realize that there is fifty extra feet of tower below ground level to help bring the car safely to a stop.

You could make sure that people in the queue couldn't see the platform opening up by enclosing the queue, like Doctor Doom's Fear Fall.

Six Flags Great Adventure will add at least 1 hotel

Six Flags Great America will add a Blue-Fire Like Clone where Iron Wolf Was

Six Flags will add more Sally/ Mack Interactive Dark Rides

Wildwater Kingdom, OH will be completely closed in the next 5 years

Walt Disney World will exceed 150 dollar admission in the next 10 years

Marvel Superhero Island will be revamped as "Transformers Island"

At USF, ET/ Woody Woodpecker's Kids Zone will get replaced with a Madagascar themed area

Disney will reopen Water Country and re-theme it into a Finding Nemo/ Little Mermaid themed Waterpark

Honey I Shrunk The Audience at EPCOT will get replaced with an "Up" film

The 2nd park at Hong Kong Disneyland will be a Marvel themed park

Some park will build a 500 ft inverted wooden coaster themed to donkeys with the most uncomfortable noodles and the most expensive fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo. The coaster will be down constantly due to an Intamin cable.

If it goes in a Six Flags park?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxbyBV8F_ogT4WqilP_kYnuZRDS9aFMqc_pXTAXY-TgxZUSXf5hQ.