TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

^ Haven't heard that one! I really hope not, Bizarro is an amazing coaster, and one of my favorites! Although I guess that it doesn't get a line anymore, except on saturdays. I would not want a new coaster just yet because it will just attract more crowds to a overcrowded park.

The only time I've ever seen Bizarro with a line was during Fright Fest. Bizarro could be the major attraction at a smaller Six Flags park like St. Louis, America, The Great Escape, or Over Texas.

But, I would hate to see it go. Bizarro is my one ride that I always count on to be a walk on, and it was my first B&M coaster.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard the same rumor. I have stated before that I Bizarro at SFGAdv did not have the impact that they had hopped. The throughput is still not as high as they expected for the ride as there still isn't much of a line. Unless during frightfest. I've heard its in the rotation program. I've stated that I could see it going to SFA because I've heard that Batwing is also a candidate to be moved. I've heard SFGAdv would get a Wing Coaster and replace Bizarro, while Bizarro could go and replace Batwing (which hey at least it would be right next to S:ROS) and Batwing will get updated trains and systems and go another park that would have a greater ROI than at SFA.

And it'll be a Battlestar Galactica chase instead of a duel anyways, so what's the point!

Can you picture how awesome the train could look, they could do the Raider "head" complete with the swooping light in the visor?

And it wouldn't necessarily have to duel, you could just have the area themed as if it was making a ground attack on New Caprica City or the Fuel Depot anything of that sort.

If Universal ever builds a B&M wingrider, it will of course have a Harry Potter theme...

Not necessarily... Marvel Superhero Island is eventually gonna need a redesign whenever Disney decides pull the ip rights.

^Disney won't be pulling the IP rights as Marvel (the corporate entity that operates under the Disney corporate umbrella) has a contractual agreement with Universal to uphold. The only way you'll see Marvel forcibly removed from Islands of Adventure is through a new agreement or buy out between the two companies (much like how Disney bought the distribution rights for Thor, Captain America and The Avengers from Paramount) that is mutually agreed upon; that or Universal opts to remove it on their own will and accord, which I would imagine is unlikely.

Marvel has long standing contracts from their many years of operation before Disney came into the picture. Liscencing agreements with film studios like Sony and Fox have kept certain characters out of Marvel Entertainments immediate film domain, but the company has gone on record to state that they will pursue certain courses of action to regain the film rights down the road. Liscensing agreements with parks and attractions have similar roadblocks but are able to be over overcome with proper negotiation and concession.

Removing a perfectly good B&M and replacing it with another B&M? Yea, that makes perfect sense. Even if SFGAdv did that, I think you would still have a bunch of people thinking it was Bizarro but with some new paint or something.

Well Great Adventure just added their fifth B&M this year so anything can happen.

I have heard the same rumor. I have stated before that I Bizarro at SFGAdv did not have the impact that they had hopped. The throughput is still not as high as they expected for the ride as there still isn't much of a line. Unless during frightfest. I've heard its in the rotation program. I've stated that I could see it going to SFA because I've heard that Batwing is also a candidate to be moved. I've heard SFGAdv would get a Wing Coaster and replace Bizarro, while Bizarro could go and replace Batwing (which hey at least it would be right next to S:ROS) and Batwing will get updated trains and systems and go another park that would have a greater ROI than at SFA.

Yeah, we could easily guess that Batwing wouldn't go to SFGAdv. I think a Wing Coaster might be a nice fit for the park. Bizarro, if it were to get moved there, isn't a terrible choice, but that means SFA would just get another left over coaster. I think that they SFA would need a fresh, new coaster and not a leftover from a park.

Molemaster, in my opinion I don't think it's any different. I think regardless of whether a SF park got a Cloned Floorless vs. a moved floorless, A ride like Bizarro is a decent ride and could do wonders for a smaller park like SFA. SFA has all the land for tons of rides so I say move it... I know it will be received well by the locals. It would just suck loosing such a unique ride in the area. However I could see another park like SFStl, SFFT, or SFOT really get some use out of a flying coaster as there's no flyers in the MIDwest region except for SFGAm which is kind of far away. I think it be a great move. Honestly wouldn't be opposed to Bizarro or Scream(sfmm) being relocated... as I don't think they seem kind of redundant (layout wise)... to the other B&M layouts already in the park... Scream to riddler and batman as Bizarro to Lantern and Batman.

^ Haven't heard that one! I really hope not, Bizarro is an amazing coaster, and one of my favorites! Although I guess that it doesn't get a line anymore, except on saturdays. I would not want a new coaster just yet because it will just attract more crowds to a overcrowded park.

The only time I've ever seen Bizarro with a line was during Fright Fest. Bizarro could be the major attraction at a smaller Six Flags park like St. Louis, America, The Great Escape, or Over Texas.

But, I would hate to see it go. Bizarro is my one ride that I always count on to be a walk on, and it was my first B&M coaster.

If it does end up being removed I can assure you it won't end up at SFA,they were lucky enough to get IW for starters & I don't see SFI giving them another coaster anytime soon after that...second with dominator being down at KD why would SFI even try to put in a similar ride at SFA?

I could see SFGRAM getting it though since there are currently no floorless coasters in the midwest.

Removing a perfectly good B&M and replacing it with another B&M? Yea, that makes perfect sense. Even if SFGAdv did that, I think you would still have a bunch of people thinking it was Bizarro but with some new paint or something.

Well Great Adventure just added their fifth B&M this year so anything can happen.

But if you think about it, the ride was relocated, technically it isn't a "new ride" knowing the ride was living in Kentucky Kingdom from 1997-2009. All they did with Chang was ship it off to Six Flags Great America, then re-shipped to Six Flags Great Adventure where they stole one of Riddler's trains from Six Flags Magic Mountain, then SFGAdv painted the ride Green and Black, themed it to Green Lantern, and called it a new ride. Same with Bizzaro, all they did was repaint the ride, give it the "Bizzaro" treatment, installed on-board audio, added some fog and fire and branded it as a new ride. I could go continue this with Six Flags Magic Mountain's 4 rides(S:EFK, Magic Flyer, Road Runner, and X2) but my laptop is dying.

But if you think about it, the ride was relocated, technically it isn't a "new ride" knowing the ride was living in Kentucky Kingdom from 1997-2009. All they did with Chang was ship it off to Six Flags Great America, then re-shipped to Six Flags Great Adventure where they stole one of Riddler's trains from Six Flags Magic Mountain, then SFGAdv painted the ride Green and Black, themed it to Green Lantern, and called it a new ride. Same with Bizzaro, all they did was repaint the ride, give it the "Bizzaro" treatment, installed on-board audio, added some fog and fire and branded it as a new ride. I could go continue this with Six Flags Magic Mountain's 4 rides(S:EFK, Magic Flyer, Road Runner, and X2) but my laptop is dying.

The thing about it is that the locals,who don't know a thing about how many parks SFI has didn't see chang/GL as a used ride from another park,just as those at SFA don't see IW as the used ride it is.All they see is a new coaster/ride in the park that wasn't there the previous year & they flock to it.

Unless there are examples that I'm forgetting at the moment, it seems a little unlikely that SFI would send it somewhere else after putting even more money into it only 2 1/2 years ago. That being said, I'd be sad to see Mizarrsa/Beduso leave. I still fondly remember when it was the new hotness, and despite its growing mediocrity, I still enjoy riding it. We'll just have to see what the Dippin' Dots guy has to say about the whole matter.

Unless there are examples that I'm forgetting at the moment, it seems a little unlikely that SFI would send it somewhere else after putting even more money into it only 2 1/2 years ago. That being said, I'd be sad to see Mizarrsa/Beduso leave. I still fondly remember when it was the new hotness, and despite its growing mediocrity, I still enjoy riding it. We'll just have to see what the Dippin' Dots guy has to say about the whole matter.

I just read somewthing about it on gadvhistory's forums & it is making sense now.Acording to sources SFI wants the big 4 parks to rotate out coasters once every few years to other parks in the chain,this explains why IW & DV were relocated for the 2012 season to two smaller parks,namely SFA & SFNE.

Somehow I feel I'd be disappointed if this happened (although I'm sure it would depend partly on which park it went to, and where it was placed in that park). I think it's because the setting it's in really appeals to me for some reason. Then again, I'm sure a new coaster could use that land equally well; it's not like Bizarro is a terrain coaster.

I just read somewthing about it on gadvhistory's forums & it is making sense now.Acording to sources SFI wants the big 4 parks to rotate out coasters once every few years to other parks in the chain,this explains why IW & DV were relocated for the 2012 season to two smaller parks,namely SFA & SFNE.

So they're starting that program up again, eh? Then I guess I should get my last few rides in before it ends up at another SF, and ultimately the scrap heap.

Are there any coasters from the original Ride Rotation Program that are still around today? Wasn't inclusion in the program an eventual death sentence for rides?

The way i see it is as follows... For parks where you are not certain to get a big Return On Investment (ROI) a relocated ride is best until the attendance figures start to trend higher than they have in recent years. On other hands, the BIG 4, are pretty much certain to return profit on their investment. So an old ride like Bizarro can help boost attendance at a smaller park and in a sense profit for less money.... Seems like a strategy to me. It wouldn't seem smart to continue to neglect parks, you will just end up loosing money and the parks that make money will end up paying for the deficit.

So they're starting that program up again, eh? Then I guess I should get my last few rides in before it ends up at another SF, and ultimately the scrap heap.

Are there any coasters from the original Ride Rotation Program that are still around today? Wasn't inclusion in the program an eventual death sentence for rides?

I think La ronde's SLC is the only one remaining in operation from the recent RRP,as for the RRP of the 80's early 90's that I don't know.

The way i see it is as follows... For parks where you are not certain to get a big Return On Investment (ROI) a relocated ride is best until the attendance figures start to trend higher than they have in recent years. On other hands, the BIG 4, are pretty much certain to return profit on their investment. So an old ride like Bizarro can help boost attendance at a smaller park and in a sense profit for less money.... Seems like a strategy to me. It wouldn't seem smart to continue to neglect parks, you will just end up loosing money and the parks that make money will end up paying for the deficit.

Agreed. The Big 4 don't need the minimal attendance boosts that rotating the rides will give, and I can see some people actually choosing not to renew their pass because their favorite ride is taken out, so honestly I feel like that strategy is a bit counterproductive when you factor in all the costs of moving a coaster and marketing it to a new audience. To me the smartest thing to do would be to build brand new high-class rides for the smaller parks and rotate those around which should guarantee higher numbers at those parks and an extra little boost each year that a new ride is brought it. Almost strikes me as a travelling carnival sort of thing.

Agreed. The Big 4 don't need the minimal attendance boosts that rotating the rides will give, and I can see some people actually choosing not to renew their pass because their favorite ride is taken out, so honestly I feel like that strategy is a bit counterproductive when you factor in all the costs of moving a coaster and marketing it to a new audience. To me the smartest thing to do would be to build brand new high-class rides for the smaller parks and rotate those around which should guarantee higher numbers at those parks and an extra little boost each year that a new ride is brought it. Almost strikes me as a travelling carnival sort of thing.

That can be solved by simply taking a break from over expanding the bigger parks & instead focus capital on the smaller ones....this is something that the previous management(Burke & Story) didn't get because the key reason WHY the big 4 were seeing attendance increases year after year is due in large part to the fact that those parks actually got new rides that they didn't really need & that should've gone to the smaller parks to help build them up.

All of those coasters SFMM got over the years for instance(just to win a stupid "most coasters in a single park" title) could've been put to better use at some of the parks SFI ignored in the process over the past decade.

Well...of the coasters from the 80's-90's ride rotations, it's kinda hard to say. From what I recall, Z-Force/Flashback made it 'till 2007 before it bit the dust, Rolling Thunder/Alpine Bobsled is still kicking (for now) at Great Escape, SFMM's bobsled went to Six Flags Over Texas (and is still going) and their standup went to LaRonde (also still going), Thriller/Zonga is still alive down in Mexico, and, more recently, Gambit/Batman/Goliath still rolls on at Fiesta Texas. Really, the only rides that really suffered during any of the ride rotations were the ones unfortunate enough to have landed at Astroworld (Jet Scream/Viper), Six Flags New Orleans (Joker's Revenge/Jester) and Kentucky Kingdom (Greezed Lightnin') when they closed up shop.

As for flatrides, I couldn't say, but I assume most of them just eventually went "out of date", which is no real fault of the program itself.

Believe me, I don't like the program at all myself, but its track record isn't all that terrible in terms of ride survival. So as for Pandemonium, Deja Vu, Chang/Green Lantern, Gotham City Gauntlet, Iron Wolf/Apocalypse, and anything else that gets moved in the near future, I see them lasting no longer or shorter than they would have in the first place.

Click here for a list of all the early SF ride rotation rides.

From the list it looks like...

- SFGAdv's Parachute Tower

- SFGAm's Condor

- La Vibora

- Looping Starship (is it operating at SFOT?)

Are the only ones left operating from the RRP in the 80s-early 90s.

As for Bizarro moving, I think Scream is a much better contender. From pictures and ride reviews, the ride is unpopular compared to MM's bigger B&M coasters and it's location is drab. It could definitely fit well in a park like SFStL or SFA.