TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rumor Threads

CoasterNut17

What if Theme Park Review started a new forum for rumor threads and threads about what you think on things. Like speculation threads. I know they always get locked, but what if it was kept to a certain forum? It would still keep the other forums "clean" by being in it's own forum, and wouldn't interfere with other topics.

Just a thought.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ask me about rumor threads though.

A thread will be locked if:

1. There are no credible sources, just something pulled out of the air.

2. If the post seems like a "hello, this is my first post, it looks like an abortion ofthe english language," type post.

3. If the rumor seems WAY too ridiculous.

A thread will not be locked if:

1. There's credible sources (pictures, permits, etc.)

2. If the post is well-written out.

3. If the rumor seems realistic.

This sounds like a great idea, but in my opinion i don't think many people would want rumors flying around about them online. Personally i think someone could really get offended or angry and this site doesnt need that.

Worst case scenario: Someone starts getting a rumor spread about them because someone has something against that person. Then it spreads and spreads until everyone knows it. Then that person feels really bad.

The whole point of the site is too have fun, not too spread rumors and gossip.

(Remember, "In my opinion")

This sounds like a great idea, but in my opinion i don't think many people would want rumors flying around about them online. Personally i think someone could really get offended or angry and this site doesnt need that.

Um you do realize this is reffering to theme park related rumors right?

Not rumors about specific people.

Um you do realize this is reffering to theme park related rumors right?

Not rumors about specific people.

Thats my bad, I took the meaning of the thread the wrong way.

I think we could start this forum if enough people think we should, but then we would get things like:

Hello, I am Tom and I just wanted to tell you about this awesome new rumor I heard about Disneyland's Peoplemover reopening with a loop and turing in to a suspended Vekoma that will fly through the whole park from my made up site I found this on it says that it may be open in 2012 .... O' yeah it will be Michael Eisner themed!

I think we could start this forum if enough people think we should

Not really. It has nothing to do with what enough people think we should do, but it has everything to do with what *I* think we should do!

I personally *HATE* rumor threads. It's bad enough that there are legitimate deals for projects that get negotiated and sometimes even announced and then dropped (Hershey's Frequent Faller for example) and it doesn't help when people spread all kinds of other wacky rumors.

I still remember that "Three B&M Deal" rumor that went on after Cedar Point build Raptor and Mantis that it seemed as though it had become "fact" because it was mentioned so much.

Rumors just diloute what's really going on in this industry. And trust me, I've seen some of the crazy things that ACTUALLY happen, so why do we even need wild rumors on top of it all?

*shrug*

--Robb "There will never be a rumor forum on TPR." Alvey