TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

No Limits Recreation Contest.

OK... so I decided to start another contest. I promise this one will turn out better than the last one. Ok so this contest is to see who can build the best recreation of any roller coaster. You can build this roller coaster in No Limits. But DO NOT use one of the tracks that are already installed in the game. CREATE YOUR OWN. You may make progress post's if you want. When it comes time to post your final product you must have ATLEAST 5 screenshots, a link to the real roller coaster on Roller Coaster Database... thats http://www.rcdb.com for those of you who don't know, and the track file. The deadline is 12:00pm Central Time Friday May 27th. Following that a poll will be created with EVERYONE who enter a coaster on it. The poll will expire 1 week later. If you would like to join please inform me via this thread or a private message. So lets review everything...

1.) Your coaster must be a recreation of a real roller coaster that can be found on Roller Coaster Database.

2.) It must be built in No Limits.

3.) When posting your final product you must include atleast 5 screenshots, a link to RCDB, and the track file.

4.) Must be in by 12:00pm (Central time) Friday May 27th.

I'm pretty sure that is all! So if you want to join let me know!!

~Matthew

Here is who all is competing!!

1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you expect to get ANYTHING that has any bit of quality behind it, i suggest you push the 'deadline' back by like.. a year. Recreations take serious time and effort - shaping the track properly, trying to get the feel of the ride, making the ride visually accurate - not something that can be done in 11 days.

If you do get any entries, i would be willing to bet money that they are either no where near accurate, or they are incredibly sloppily built (most likely a combination of the two).

It's a decent idea for a contest - however it's not realistic to expect anything remotely 'good' in such a short time frame.

Even that is a very limited time. I have been working on my Boulder Dash recreation since November 2005, and still don't even have a full accurate layout (naturally I have gone through various track and element sketches).

Recreations aren't something that can be done in a 'short' (even if it's seemingly long) amount of time, and definitely not something that should be rushed.

The original idea of hosting it as RCT may be a better idea, as it's generally easy to get the most accurate track possible with RCT's limitations in a short amount of time.

If you expect to get ANYTHING that has any bit of quality behind it, i suggest you push the 'deadline' back by like.. a year. Recreations take serious time and effort - shaping the track properly, trying to get the feel of the ride, making the ride visually accurate - not something that can be done in 11 days.

If you do get any entries, i would be willing to bet money that they are either no where near accurate, or they are incredibly sloppily built (most likely a combination of the two).

It's a decent idea for a contest - however it's not realistic to expect anything remotely 'good' in such a short time frame.

But even then if the deadline were to be long enough away, most people would say "Oh i'm not going to work on ONE track for that long."

Oh I don't know, I'm sure could get a good recreation of a track by then

^More fool them

• 2 weeks later...
Its really nice but the framerate is probly like -2. Jakizle did a Rita with just a few paths and the corkscrew and i think the frame rate was 7 when you get the corkscrew in the frame. It does look sweet though

On a 2.3 ghz sempron with 512mb ram and a 128mb Graphics card i got 75fps.

All the 3ds are made to be low poly and the whole thing is great.

Just a question. How do you get two coasters in one file? And by the way, that looks absolutly amazing!

Yes it is a 3ds Model.

Can we get a download when you are done?

Yes and I'll even keep you Guys Posted on Progress, but its going rather slow at the moemnt, because i am working on another project with someone else at the momnet, but I Hope to finish it by The End of June or the Beginning of July.

Wish Me Luck,

-Jared-