TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What order should I ride the rides?

WickedCoaster

I'm going to Cedar Point May 31st- June 3rd and I was wondering what order would it be best to ride the rides. I'm pretty sure I will have time to ride all of them but I'm bamboozled on what order in which I should ride them. As in, which would be the most pleasurable. Any thoughts on the matter?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enter in the main gates.

1.Mean Streak

2. Raptor

3. Magnum

4.Wicked Twister

5. Mine Ride

6.Blue Streak

7.Millenium Force

8.Gemini

9.Wild Cat

10.Corkscrew

Repeat.

Hello. You forgot Top Thrill. Like it is the only reason anyone goes to the park So I will fix your list for you

1.Mean Streak

2. Raptor

3. Top Thrill Dragster

4.Wicked Twister

5. Mine Ride

6.Blue Streak

7.Millenium Force

8.Gemini

9.Wild Cat

10.Corkscrew

See much better!

~Matthew

^ Hah! You assume that Dragster will actually be running.

But seriously. Ride the rides in whatever order you feel like. Cedar Point is laid out in a straight line. So basically just hit rides in the order you come to them.

First off, I hope you're staying at one of the resorts or are a Joe Cool club member. If you are, you'll get in an hour before the general public. If not, expect a number of rowdy teenagers to make a mad dash to TTD and MF when the gates open.

My wife and I used the JC early entry to ride Raptor three times in a row before anyone else was in the park. Awesome.

CP is a big loop. I recommend doing it by starting with Raptor and then generally moving to the right hand path.

Raptor

Wicked Twister

TTD

Corkscrew

Magnum

Gemini

Mean Streak (but only if you like woodies.. your back will not be happy)

Maverick (if it's open, which is unlikely)

Mine Ride

MF

Mantis

Iron Dragon

Blue Streak

Raptor again (if the line isn't too long)

Disaster Transport

Repeat at will.

Mantis tends to have lines out of proportion with its quality. If it's more than 45mins, move on to the next ride.

I love the other major rides too -- hit them up as you wish.

(I suggest MaxAir just before WT, Power Tower (at least red, but blue is fun too.) before Corkscrew, Skyhawk after the Mine Ride.)

On a not-so-busy day with fairly lousy weather, you can probably do the full cycle twice. Since you're going for 4 days, one of which is a Thursday, you'll undoubtedly have ridden everything you want to after day 2.

You can view the map here:

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/map/index.cfm

I would save Blue Streak after you've ridden the other stuff. I've never seen a line more than 10 minutes for it. Most of the time, you have to wait 1 train to ride unless you're waiting for the front row.

Hello. You forgot Top Thrill. Like it is the only reason anyone goes to the park So I will fix your list for you

1.Mean Streak

2. Raptor

3. Top Thrill Dragster

4.Wicked Twister

5. Mine Ride

6.Blue Streak

7.Millenium Force

8.Gemini

9.Wild Cat

10.Corkscrew

See much better!

~Matthew

No, no....Paul's list was actually pretty good! Trust me, it works!

I'll TTD where it should go:

1.Mean Streak

2. Raptor

3. Magnum

4.Wicked Twister

4a. Top Thrill Dragster

4b. Disaster Transport

5. Mine Ride

6.Blue Streak

7.Millenium Force

8.Gemini

9.Wild Cat

10.Corkscrew

Haha. Well basicaly, the other times I went I just rode them randomly. My brother said its more fun if you ride them in certain orders like "smallest to largest" or "largest to smallest" and things like that. I was pretty much just asking for all of your opinions. [i'm loving this sites smileys]

• 2 weeks later...

I would say go to Millennium Force first, especially if you are getting early entry (you can do some good marathon-ing on that ride in the first hour). That gets among the longest lines in the park. Also, it is my favorite coaster. I could ride that thing all day, eschewing all the other coasters, and it wouldn't be a wasted day. That said, after Millie, hit up any other rides you in whatever order you please. Just make sure to keep an eye on TTD. When you see them launching test trains, try to stick to rides near TTD. The second you see a train with people launched, run straight to it. Hope this helps.