TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Europe questions.

Hey, anyone who has been to BGE and are fond of the park please try to answer my questions, I'm really cautious about park trips and parks themselves.

Question #1.

How would Fourth of July Week be this year, as far as lines, and is there any special events around this time?

Question #2.

Which rides/coasters are good to go to first thing, by means if the lines get to be a decent size as the day progresses.

Question #3.

Do any of the coasters break down or shut down often?

Question #4.

Any areas where I can get a very good angle of a coaster for a photo?

Question #5.

What food places are the best to eat at?

Question #6 and Final.

What are some shows that are a must see?

Answers will be greatly appriciated! Also if this helps, I am planning on staying all day, from park opening to closing.

Thanks!

--Zack

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. Last time I went was in October of 05. I can answer a few questions.1st question, Like all parks I'm pretty sure it would be crowded as a normal 4th of July day would. Your 3rd question I don't really think alot of rides tend to break down (from my past experience). For your 4th question you can get a really good angle of the Big Bad Wolf and Lochness Monster from the bridge. Those are all I can think of.

#2: Get to the park 30 minutes before opening. by then, the England section will be open and just walk through the section. They will have a rope cut once the park opens and just run to the LNM. I rode if after it broke down on Easter 2006 and I got on the third train after it broke down. As it turns out, once I got off, the queue overflowed, so you should try and do that first. Either that, or BBW because the operators on BBW need to go to hell. After that, explore the park on your own, its better to do it that way since BGE is a circular shaped park.

#3: As I know of, if somebody puked on a ride, they will shut it down or stack the trains because they want to clean the puke up. I was waiting in line for BBW on the day after Easter 2006 and somebody puked. This resulted in a cleanup process that took 5 minutes, including the other train being stacked. Also, my friend went to BGE last April (2007) and he said that they closed down Apollo's Chariot because someone puked. Other than puking, you should be fine with the rides.

#4: Basically, the bridges and The Skyride. The Skyride has plenty of LNM, Griffon (judging by photos), and Alpengiest photo opportunities, as well as the landscaping around BGE. The bridge on Alpengiest gives you many photo opportunities as the track is mainly near the bridge. Also, that bridge connecting Germany and Italy give great photo opportunities of BBW and LNM.

I hope what I said helps!

-Stephen "Busch Gardens Europe is my favorite" M

1. I would assume it would be more crowded than normal. The last time I was there was back in June of 2004, and I waited an hour for Apollo's Chariot and Big Bad Wolf. Alpie and Lochness were walk-ons, though, so it will vary.

2. Griffon first definitely, then Apollo and Big Bad Wolf, those seem to be the most crowded.

3. When I was there none broke down all day.

4. I know around the entrance of Alpie, there are a lot of good spots to get Alpie.

5. Not sure.

6. Corkscrew Hill.

Hey, anyone who has been to BGE and are fond of the park please try to answer my questions, I'm really cautious about park trips and parks themselves.

Question #1.

How would Fourth of July Week be this year, as far as lines, and is there any special events around this time?

There will be fireworks at the park on the Fourth (and for a few nights before and after)--the joint will be jumpin', so get there early.

Question #2.

Which rides/coasters are good to go to first thing, by means if the lines get to be a decent size as the day progresses.

I'd say hit Griffon first thing in the morning because it's the newest, then work your way over to DarKastle and the Big Bad Wolf, followed by Alpengeist and Apollo's Chariot (you can take the train from New France to Festa Italia for Apollo). You should be able to pick up the Loch Ness Monster anytime (although on a busy day, Nessie will be mobbed, too). The water rides will be very busy on a hot July day (Pompei usually has the quickest line).

Question #3.

BGE's coasters are pretty dependable as a rule (Alpengeist and Apollo's Chariot seem to have the most problems).

Question #4.

Take the steps down to the Rhine River--you can get some good shots of Nessie, Alpie, and Griffon. You can get some good shots of Apollo's Chariot flying over the Roman Rapids over by the coin-operated water cannons (which are to to the left as you approach the back of Festa Italia).

Question #5.

Ribs at the Smokehouse are usually pretty good, as is the Italian restaurant in San Marco. I'm not a big fan of German food, but the corned beef sandwiches at the Festhouse are good (and you can watch the oompah dancers do their thing). BGE's burgers suck, but desserts are awesome.

Question #6 and Final.

I'm not big on shows, myself, but probably Castle O'Sullivan in Killearney (or Emerald Beat if you're into the Irish dancing).

Answers will be greatly appriciated! Also if this helps, I am planning on staying all day, from park opening to closing.

Thanks!

--Zack

Please see my boldface answers above--hope this helps.

^Yea, #2 is right on. Most people have a tendency to go right to Loch ness or turn left toward Pompeii and Apollo. Well, usually the area to the left is roped off till around 10:30, so make sure you go right. Follow it around, it's a long walk, but you should beat most of the early crowd.

There's no reason you can't get a couple rides on Griffon before a line starts building. ...then continue on to DarKastle, BBW, etc. If you follow the order above you should be OK and be able to ride all the big rides by early afternoon. Just a note, I haven't been to the park yet this year, but in years past they usually have the area past DarKastle roped off till around 11:00. ...so depending on the time, you may even want to ride Alpengeist after DarKastle and then go to BBW. Just a thought. ...anyway I'm sure you'll have fun if you keep the answers above in mind.

As for flats, you have typical amusement park flat rides, but with theming! They have a tame Orbitor, a flying carpet, a swinging ship, some bumper cars, a scrambler, a swinging chairs type ride (needs to go back to flat ride schools) and a few kiddie flats. Busch Gardens is not really a big flat ride park, but you should still have fun, as the park is definetly world class!

Question #1.

It's a pretty busy month for BGE. They know how to handle crowds though, with such simple things as misters to keep you cool, and quick operations on the coasters.

Question #2.

Griffon will be the big one. Head directly for that. Then work you're way around heading for DarKastle and Alpengeist and Big Bad Wolf. Apollo's line moves quickly.

Question #3.

Busch takes pretty good care of their rides. I've never had a break down except of Apollo, and that was a quick 10-15 minute fix. I wouldn't expect any break downs or shut downs

Question #4.

Question #5.

The best place to have a meal would have to be Das Festhaus.

Great salads, sandwiches, pizza and dessert. You might even get a showw.

Question #6 and Final.

I'd go with Emerald Beat or Castle O'Sullivan.

I think there's another one called Mystique that looks really good

[/b]

The shows in the Ireland area are really good. Castle O'Sullivan is a cute little show with puppetry and on-stage illusions (I may have enjoyed it more though because I thought the lead guy was mega-hot) and the Irish dancing show was really neat too. But I like that sort of thing. There was also an awesome cirque-type show when I went but I found no mention of it on the website the last time I looked, it may be that mystique show mentioned before. We didn't get to do a lot when we went because it was SOOOOO hot. The days we went the heat was record-breaking. It was way up in the 100's. We tried doing a lot of the inside stuff because it was so hot and we had younger kids with us.

I do recommend Apollo's Chariot though.

OK, my only trip to BGE was on July 4th, 2004 which was a Sunday or Monday.

I went straight to Apollo's Chariot with a goal of riding once in each row and accomplished this goal within 70 minutes. By this time it was no longer a walk-on, one ride wait. The place did get pretty crowded by noon, but the only ride with a long line that I waited for was Corkscrew Hill.

Ride to Pompeii did get crowded because it was about 95 with high humidity that day.

However, BGE does a great job managing crowds and if Griffon is equal in eating people to Sheikra you shouldn't have to worry abouting missing anything.

As for as food, Restarante della Piazza and Smokehouse are the places I tried and both are great.

^The "cirque" show you're thinking of was Kinetix. Last year it ran during the second half of summer (not sure what its status is this year).

No, it wasn't Kinetix. Imaginique was still playing at the time, which was freaking amazing. It was three summers ago that we were there when Darkastle first opened. It was a show centered around a guy's bag and the stuff that was inside it. I think there may have been a big pearl at one point. It was an indoor theater show. My nephews and niece loved it.

I would like to go back some time. I got to ride so few rides, it was just tooooo hot to wait in line in the heat. I only got to ride Apollo, Pompei, Corkscrew Hill and Darkastle. I was so upset, the people I went with were not coaster people.

Speaking of DarKastle, when it first opened 2 years ago, they were allowing people into the park 15 minutes early to get into line. Now I'm not saying they will do it for Griffon, but I would get to the parking tolls a little earlier than usual.

^The "cirque" show you're thinking of was Kinetix. Last year it ran during the second half of summer (not sure what its status is this year).

No, it wasn't Kinetix. Imaginique was still playing at the time, which was freaking amazing. It was three summers ago that we were there when Darkastle first opened. It was a show centered around a guy's bag and the stuff that was inside it. I think there may have been a big pearl at one point. It was an indoor theater show. My nephews and niece loved it.

I would like to go back some time. I got to ride so few rides, it was just tooooo hot to wait in line in the heat. I only got to ride Apollo, Pompei, Corkscrew Hill and Darkastle. I was so upset, the people I went with were not coaster people.

Hmm--not familiar with this "guy and his magic bag" show; then again, I'm not a big fan of theme-park shows.