TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[NL] Gravity Group Medium Coaster Contest

Who should win? (Links at to tracks at bottom)  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who should win? (Links at to tracks at bottom)

• Jakizle's Juggernaut
    • Freddie's (SFNERules) Unnamed
    • Thefitness' Gryfalcon
    • CCJared's Rotundra
    • vjgx's Icerunner
    • IwantRevenge's Sanguine
    • DATman's Rage

I was looking around the Gravity Group website and I got the idea of a contest to see who can build the best Gravity Group coaster, but anyone can build a wooden roller coaster small or large so it wouldn’t be very fair. So I decided to put some limitations on the size. I feel that the rules are fool proof, so I do not expect some of the confusion that occurred in Calaway's contest. And if you feel the limitations are not suitable for a 'Medium' coaster you may want to look at this. One last thing, the winner of the contest will not be decided by me or any judges, it will be decided by the people of TPR via a poll. This is a pretty simple contest, so there aren't many rules, if you feel one or two must be added feel free to post.

Rules

1. Must be at least 55ft (16.74m) tall but no more than 85ft (25.908m) tall. This rule also applies to drops so don't try anything funny. If this rule is broken it will result in disqualification.

2. Must be at least 2200ft (670.56m) long but no more than 2900ft (833.92m). If this rule is broken it will result in disqualification.

3. Train(s) must employ the PTC 2 bench 4 seat cars.

Last few things...

A. You supply your own template.

B. Terraforming is allowed.

C. 3DS are allowed but must be optimized for best in game performance.

D. Track must be in by June 1st, the poll will start that same day and end on June 14th.

E. Track must be posted in a new thread Headed with [NL] GGC "Track name here"

F. A "*" Next to you name mean I have seen your entry and know it is in. If yours is up, and is not acknowledged here post a link and tell me!!!

Spots

1. Thefitness*

2. DATman*

3. EuroTre

4. vjgx*

5. jimbobcoaster

6. SFNERules*

7. snuggles

8. IwantRevenge*

9. Jakizle*

10. CCJared*

11.stricklandCC

More spots will be added if necessary. Have fun!

LINKS!

Freddie (SFNERules) Unnamed

Jakizle Juggernaut

Thefitness Gryfalcon

CCJared Rotundra

vjgx IceRunner

IwantRevenge Sanguine

DATman Rage

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give it a try! One quick question and I'm sorry if it is a stupid one: lets say I made a drop of 85 feet but then I made the terraforming gradually making it go lower and lower, but in a few drops. So I guess my question is that does the 85 feet height mean the maximum height of one drop or the maximum elevation change? I hope that made sense and I hope it wasn't a bad question!

I'll give it a try! One quick question and I'm sorry if it is a stupid one: lets say I made a drop of 85 feet but then I made the terraforming gradually making it go lower and lower, but in a few drops. So I guess my question is that does the 85 feet height mean the maximum height of one drop or the maximum elevation change? I hope that made sense and I hope it wasn't a bad question!

The rule only mentioned drops, not total elevation change. so yes if you have a drop of 85 ft and the track goes lower than that somewhere along the line you are O.K.

And of course you can post progress pics.

^Okay when you select a coaster type there are four types of wooden coasters,

Wooden Coaster (Trailered 2-Seat)

Wooden Coaster (Classic 4-Seat)

Wooden Coaster (Classic 6-Seat)

Wooden Coaster (Trailered 4-seat)

You want the Classic 4 seat car type. They are built by PTC (Philidelphia Toboggan Company/Coasters) have two rows (benches) and seat four people.

Also you have been added.