TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wild West World MINI Photo TR

Wild West world trip report hits 3 pages long LOL.

Oh yeah, I didn't include a picture of it, but the ride here that is like a slightly larger version of the frog hopper is their most thrilling ride IMO.

Anyone can ride too! Believe it or not it gives nutty air time for such a tame ride.

It WAS awesome! You come out of your seat and everything! Probably my favorite, maybe second ride in the park!

Wild West World IS cypress gardens, without gardens!

^Yes... i know they just opened. They could have at least planted some trees though, even if they were small.

They have planted trees. There's not a lot, but there is some.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My family has season passes, we live 5 min away, and we've gone to www 3 times so far. So here are my thoughts.....

It's definately very cool to see a park built from absolutely nothing. I mean this was just a farmers field 4 yrs ago. And with all the parks closing around the nation, it's nice to see a new one open up. But obviously $30 million doesn't get you much these days. I think the park will definately improve over the next 5 yrs.

www is not a teenage, or thrill seeking adult type of park. It is meant to be a family park. And families, especially smaller children will have a good time.

www is still under construction. The landscaping is not complete. There is construction debris lying around. And two rides are not finished yet (and may not be for several weeks).

As www stands now, it is probably not worth spending the entire day there. Even with all the rides and entertainment in place, a half day will be plenty of time. If you are planning to come down to check www out, I would wait untill after 5pm (maybe 6pm) as they give you a price break after that time.

My family and I have enjoyed our time at the park so far, and plan on going numerous times over the ssummer season. And i'm looking forward to seeing what www looks like in the coming years.

There was a sign outside the park today making more excuses about why the condor and log flume are not finished yet.This time its the weather and not parts held up in customs. It also warns that since the rides are NEW they may be down for technical adjustment.I t also promises a 200' drop tower in 2008 and the coaster in 09.I wonder if they will be like the 50'log ride(not) or the 75'ferris wheel which might be 75' but I doubt it.

I guess the only good thing is that its still better than allstar adventures , which has 14 rides for the same price.

We also went to www on Sunday. I did notice the disclaimer sign outside. I am looking forward to that drop tower in 2008, those are one of my favorite types of rides. I also noticed that they started putting grass in, but only about a fourth of the park was done. I also noticed more benches with canopy type shade providers. And all the rides were running (except the 2 still under construction). And it was somewhat crowded. The private pavillions were packed, so they might of hosted a corporate event. I'm looking forward to riding that Condor ride when they finally get it running.

Wow I hope they got a huge discount with all that black top. Can’t wait for the middle of summer and the heat really starts radiating off that sucker.

Is the whole park really black top?

I think this is the lesson of, if it’s not ready don’t open it.

I agree not Ghetto by any means, but from those pictures I don’t see anything good to look forward to either. It looks cheap, and if I was told I was going to a Theme Park and arrived at that park I would be pissed.

Looks rushed and very much missing the target of a wild west concept.

They should have concerned less on some of the rides and more on the details and theming of the rides and shows & having some sort of water park. (Minus the black top)

Sadly, as it also looked in the previews during construction it looks nothing more then a carnival with flea market type metal buildings.

Hope they fix it. Good concept should have been and could have been a very fun and cool theme, but 1000% missed!

1 or 2 years before the for sale by owner sign shows up?

WWW looks like a nice family park, and I don't see what you are all complaining about. There are few plants because it just opened, so wait a few years, and it will look nice. As for all the blacktop, name one park built after 1970 that does not have blacktop paths. I really hope this does well as there are no parks in the area, and with the area they are advertising in,(Missouri to eastern Colorado) they have a large customer base.

A 200ft drop tower is just what this place needs to start filling in that major thrill ride void. The park has, what, two major thrillers? (Implying the frisbee and Diablo)

Yeah, I still don't see why everyone has to complain about this place. It's this simple - the park is cheap. Not all parks need to cost $50 to get in and have enough major rides to spend a week in. True, it definitely needs much more work till it becomes a very good park, but it'll come. In the mean time, it doesn't exactly suck. Live shows, a main street full of shops, and at least a few, good, permanent rides beat any carnival I've seen.

I'm guessing that by 2009, it'll be worth it for me to make the 2+ hour drive up there to check it out myself.

If what I heard today is true it will definitely be worth the trip for you in 09. Keep in mind they said at this point this is only speculation or rumor.

They told me they plan to clone the thunderbird :.http://www.rcdb.com/id2955.htm

If this is true this will be an awesome park.I just hope they make it full size.by where he showed me the entrance and the way it would wrap around the lake it seems possible

^So they want to clone a coaster? I was thinking that it would be a GCI, but a clone? WWW has lots of space for a nice woodie, but I was hoping they could do something original, especially because there really is no original rides in the park, except maybe the ferris wheel or bumper cars.

Now don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to finally ride a GCI, but this park has a lot of potential to do something to draw more people in.

I agree, something original would be better than a clone. But from the looks of it, it isn't a bad park. I think the place is just getting on it's feet. It may take a few years but I imagine that this place could be made into something people will really like! It is much nicer to see a park opening, even if it is not quite finished, than it is to see a park get closed.

I'll take a clone of Thunderbird anyday. From what I can tell, it looks to be the best GCII out there. Who cares if it's 'unoriginal' the only other ride like it is all the way across the sea and half of Europe, I doubt many will ever know there's two of them, it's not like Batman the Ride.

If they get a Thunderbird clone in, I'll definately be up there in a jiffy.