TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hazelton Park (RCT 3)

Ok guys, I've never really used theming in my RCT3 parks up until now. I didn't use custom scenery, all the scenery I used came with all 3 expansions. Here it goes:

Hazelton Park is located about 2 hours away from Hershey Park in Pennsylvania. It started as a small family-owned park back in 1975 but was sold in 2005. The new owners wanted to make this park a tourist destination so they added rides. As they added rides, more and more guests began to come to the park. The park was rated one of the most beautiful parks by many magazines and news papers. Since the change of ownership in 2005, Hazelton Park has only added around 4 rides but plans to add plenty more.

The ride line up:

Carousel - This was the only ride that remained after the change of ownership in 2005. It has been twirling guests around since the parks opening in 1975.

Werewolf - Added in 2005, this huge out-and-back wooden coaster takes you down drops of over 161 feet. It's full of what coaster enthusiasts call "airtime."

Sky Swinger - Sky Swinger swings you around and around offering you some nice views of the park, including Werewolf.

Timber Terror - Added this season, this ride takes you through twists and turns and underground tunnels, including one right into the "Timber Mine." Great for families!

Log Jammer - Also added this season. This ride flips you round and round over an over again. Forwards, backwards, you name it! Not for the queasy.

Feel free to to tell me what I should add/change to this park before I make my next update.

Oops, I posted in the wrong order so read from the bottom up

Shot0001.bmp

Hazelton Park

Shot0002.bmp

As soon as guests walk in, they walk through Hazelton Park's pretty entrance

Shot0003.bmp

Hazelton Park's entrance from above

Shot0005.bmp

As soon as Hazelton Park changed ownership, they added Werewolf, a huge S&S woodie.

Shot0006.bmp

Werewolf's entrance

Shot0007.bmp

Werewolf's first drop

Shot0008.bmp

A look down Werewolf's 161-foot first drop

Shot0009.bmp

Werewolf's turn-around

Shot0011.bmp

Werewolf's helix finale

Shot0012.bmp

New for 2007 is Log Jammer

Shot0013.bmp

Also new for 2007 is Timber Terror, a family "mine-ride" coaster

Shot0014.bmp

Timber Terror's Station

Shot0015.bmp

Timber Terror's drop into "Timber Mine"

Shot0017.bmp

Sky Swinger

Shot0018.bmp

The Lakeside Pavilion, where guests get food when they get hungry

Shot0019.bmp

A little teaser for the next update

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it IS Werewolf...you have it right

Ohh yeah - I just thought he wanted it to be in Dutch. I didn't think of it in English

Dutch is better (A)

I think it looks pretty good for a first try, and it's without CS so that's another positive point (with CS the bar would be higher)

For 2008, Hazelton Park announced Riptide River, a one-of-a-kind log flume ride. The ride is 1/2 log flume, 1/2 dark ride. It takes you over 3 large drops of 35 feet, 63 feet, and largest drop, 85 feet. The ride opened in the middle of May 2008 and offered lots of guests great rides over and over again. The park also added a sky tower called Cloud Kisser and offers guests a great view of the park.

Shot0031.bmp

And Werewolf's new station and theming

Shot0032.bmp

Hazelton also added things in certain places, such as Timber Terror's dirt ground

Shot0028.bmp

Werewolf from Cloud Kisser

Shot0027.bmp

A good view of Riptide River from Cloud Kisser

Shot0026.bmp

The park also added Cloud Kisser

Shot0030.bmp

Riptide River's station

Shot0025.bmp

Overview of Riptide River

Shot0021.bmp

Looking down Riptide River's final 85-foot drop

Shot0023.bmp

Riptide River opened in May 2008

Update

For 2008, Hazelton Park announced Twilight Rider, an Intamin Accelerator Coaster. The ride is themed to the legend of a horse and cowboy who race around western towns and deserts at night protecting those around him. The ride launches you at a 74 MPH up 175 feet and sends you back straight down into an Immelmann and then Intamin's first (and the worlds largest) Inclined Loop. The ride then takes you through twists, turns, and drops throughout the rest of the ride.

Before the ride opened, Hazelton held a contest in which 5 winners would get to be the first people to ride Twilight Rider.

Last thing, rumors have been flying around that Hazelton Park will be adding a new themed section next to the lake by Twilight rider next year. Some say it will be "ocean" themed, while others say it will be a "haunted" theme. Only time will tell.

Shot0040.bmp

Ride overview

Shot0052.bmp

Look, a train full of happy riders

Shot0050.bmp

Brake-run and final turn-around into the station

Shot0048.bmp

The themed launch section and final hill

Shot0047.bmp

The town fly-by

Shot0046.bmp

The themed turn-around

Shot0045.bmp

The worlds largest Inclined Loop

Shot0044.bmp

Twilight Rider's first inversion, the immelmann

Shot0043.bmp

The top of Twilight Rider's first drop

Shot0042.bmp

The 5 contest winners get the first launch on Twilight Rider

Shot0041.bmp

Hazelton Park opened Twilight Rider on April 10, 2008

Update

Hazelton unveils their newly themed area: The Beach

The Beach is a beach themed area (obviously) right next to the parks latest coaster, Twilight Rider. It includes these 3 all new attractions and new eat-in area:

Swashbuckler- An Intamin drop ride that takes you up over 170 feet and then drops you straight down. Not for the faint of heart.

Whirlpool- This ride takes you up and down and spins you all around. Hope you don't get sea sick.

Treasure Caverns- A one-of-a-kind dark ride experience where you get to shoot the pirates before they steal "Treasure Caverns" legendary treasure.

The Shore Shack- A new eat-in area where you can get beach-themed products, drinks, and sandwiches.

Comments and criticism welcome!

Shot0061.bmp

Overview of The Beach

Shot0060.bmp

You also get a good view of Werewolf's first drop from Swashbuckler's line

Shot0059.bmp

You get a good view of one of Werewolf's drops from The Beach

Shot0058.bmp

The Shore Shack

Shot0064.bmp

Treasure Caverns

Shot0057.bmp