TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Renegade POV Video!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, coming from someone who will be visiting Valleyfair this summer, and was looking forward to Renegade ... the ride looked very "blah" in that video. I sure hope the ride is as good as Robb (and others) is saying it is. The video just didn't do anything for me.

I am glad I am not the only one thinking that from the video. My wife who isn't into Coasters much saw the video and said "finally a Coaster I can ride".

Why on Valleyfair's website are they estimating the riders per hour so low. Timberwolf at Worlds of Fun is slower at 45 MPH and longer track wise and time wise (4,230 Ft and 2 mins 13 seconds) but their riders per hour 55 more riders an hour.

Timberwolf RPH 905

Renegade RPH 850

Timberwolf Hieght 100 ft

Renegade Hieght 104 ft

Timberwolf Drop Hieght 95 ft

Renegade Drop Hieght 91 ft

Timberwolf Length in Ft 4,230

Renegade Length in Ft 3,113

Timberwolf Length in minutes 2 minutes 13 seconds

Renegade Length in minutes 2 Minutes

Timberwolf Top Speed 45 MPH

Renegade Top Speed 52 MPH

Really similar in most regards just thought the Rider Per Hour would be closer.

The reason I compared these 2 is because WOF is my home park and there is a rumor they will be getting a GCI in 2008 or 2009 in time for CoasterCon 2009. With these 2 rides being so similiar I don't see them building another Renegade at WOF. Meaning if this rumor is true GCI will again top it in a couple years. They will most likely not build something so similar to Timberwolf, because even though the enthusiast think Renegade is much better. The genral public which is who the parks make most of their money from will see the numbers and think it's pretty much the same ride as Timberwolf.

Regardless I can not wait to ride Renegade. I also can't wait to see what comes of the WOF rumor.

Those riding Renegade, did anyone else notice how the chain sound up the first hill is much worse/louder in the front than the back?

Also, it seemed as if you had your arms up, and they moved too far to the side, you might hit your hands on the wood railing as you went around.. I never wanted to test that theory though and tried to keep arms up and in more. Anyone else get that feeling?

The ride was definitely smooth, and is definitely now the best coaster in the park, beating Wild Thing for pure enjoyment. Though Wild Thing can still get some amazing air time. (The Air time is much more minor on Renegade, but the turns and twists definitely make up for it.)

Top 10 on anyone's list.. hmm.. Not sure it would make it, it depends what you like. If you want a fun, exciting, smooth, woodie ride, it might.

Oh, I rode in at least 8 different locations on the train, but got more air time with the most smooth ride in the 4th or 5th seat. But it was earlier in the day. I think you could enjoy the ride for nearly anywhere on Renegade though, as long as you fit under the lapbars.

p.s. Great Video Robb! Can't wait to see the one you took Sunday.

I did get the feeling you could hit the handrail on the first turnaround if you tried hard enough but I did not try. I do think this is a top ten coaster for me. There are tons of airtime moments and several were pretty good but not great. I think this beats Legend for sure...better pacing and more air. If the air gets stronger it should be better than Avalanche and Hades too...maybe even Thunderhead.

I went on Renegade on Sat. and it is by far one of the best wood coasters I've ever been on. I thought it was even better then Dollywoods Thunderhead. The best part of the ride is the twisting first drop. The ride is a lot faster then I thought it would be. Great ride and a great addition to the Valleyfair coaster line-up. Maybe next time they add a coasters it will be a inverted coaster.

I love the POV, but there is nothing like riding it yourself, I love the first drop on it when your in the front car, its just amazing. The speed of the whole ride is a lot faster then I thought it was going to be. The que. is great its by far the nicest looking que line in the park. As far as best ride in the park I thinks its a tie for me right now between Wildthing. The more I ride renegade the more I love it.

May be I just checked RCDB and the only thing they have posted differently is Timberwolf is 1 MPH faster TW 53MPH and Renegade 52MPH. I dunno oh well. I can't wait to ride Renegade no matter what.

Did they post that Timberwolf will put you in traction for three weeks? Or that it is trimmed so much now that it doesn't go above 45 miles an hour.

Hey Robb, I didn't see a non-pov video, did you do one?

Working on it. I figured I'll get it done this week or next, but I didn't want to wait to get the photos up.

Our Florida trip kind of impacted me doing a bit more video editing for Renegade.

--Robb

Ahh, cool. Take your time. Just wondering since usually you have them up so quick! Plus I might actually be in them. I had to leave before most of the other pics were taken it looks like.

Where's the next trip going to take you?