TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Magic Springs?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I hate the park. It has so few coasters. It is way over crowed. The only good ride in the park is X-Coaster, and it has awful que times considering there is only one train. The gaunlet is a typical SLC Arkansas Twister is a wooden coaster... enough said... Twist and shout is so painful because every time you go around a turn you are slammed into the side of the car. Dr. Deans rocket machine is ok, if it were about 3 times as tall it would be worth it. The Wild thing is a typical flat ride. Its spins you around like million different ways and gives you a great headache. The Hawk, is nothing amazing, just a typical flat ride. Crystal Falls is also over rated. There are like a million people trying to get in the wave pool, so you are always bumping into someone. Plus... not many of the slides are that great. But... thats just my opinion on the park.... sad to say that it is my home park But who knows... maybe someone actually likes the park...

~Matthew

I went on a Friday in July and it wasn't crowded. It's a cool park that has room to grow. Longest wait was X-Coaster (about 15 minutes).

The only downside, there weren't many air-conditioned places so the 103 degree temperature got to you after a while, though you won't have that problem.

I'm not expecting it to be great, but I'll try to take out what it's worth. How is the X Coaster?

The X-Coaster is pretty fun. You go forward, backwards, forward again, and then slowly backwards into the station. There is not really much else to it. Except you really get pulled out of your seat at the top of the lift, or atleast I did I hope you have fun and enjoy your trip...

~Matthew

• 1 month later...
I'm not expecting it to be great, but I'll try to take out what it's worth. How is the X Coaster?

X-Coaster is more like a next-gen Boomerang...not much to it but it has some thrills and the seats are pretty cool. Just ask the people who got stuck upside down.

I was there about a month ago and really liked the place. Thought the locals were a bit odd but generally was impressed with the park. OK non of the coasters are outstanding but it was still a great day out. I thought the woodie was fun and had a few good pops of airtime. I liked the X Coaster but it is way too short and much prefer the Xtended version like abismo in Madrid. This year they've added help yourself soft drinks machines around the park like Holiday World.

The rides had little to no queues and most people were hitting up the water park. While I wouldn't rush back there I would still recommend a visit.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't say anything for Gauntlet, but since I like SLCs, ride it. However, I've ridden Big Bad John's twin at SFSTL. All I can say is that River King(Big Bad John was originally a racing coaster) sucks, and you will break several ribs when you ride it. I can only imagine it with the stand up trains...

I'm going on a Saturday, and I've been reading that the crowds are bad. Are they Six Flags bad or just bad for the size of the park. Like will I be waiting forever to ride the roller coasters, or are people just impatient and think they are waiting forever when it's been like 5 minutes?