TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phrases or Things that make you Cringe!

Any kind of IM speak or valley girl slang. Also that "New Jersey" accent that all the other states gave us.

EDIT: About the Emo comment, I just can't help poking fun of a sub-culture that focues on inflicting self-pain with ridiculous reasons for said self-inflicted harm...I was only making fun of the cutting yourself part, not really the makeup and black clothing...which also tends to baffle me...

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: About the Emo comment, I just can't help poking fun of a sub-culture that focues on inflicting self-pain with ridiculous reasons for said self-inflicted harm...I was only making fun of the cutting yourself part, not really the makeup and black clothing...which also tends to baffle me...

Well, there are emos, and then there are EMOs. Most just like the emo fashion. The ones I know don't cut themselves or anything. I know they are easy to make fun of. Even I do from time to time.

One of my pet peeves is "You should watch what you eat. Stop eating that fast food." I have no clue why people say that to someone as skinny as me. I exercise which keeps my fat level down, and I balance fast food with vegetables and fruit. Just because I eat fast food probably once every other day is no reason to tell me what to eat.

I'll never get militant health food people.

Well, there are emos, and then there are EMOs. Most just like the emo fashion. The ones I know don't cut themselves or anything. I know they are easy to make fun of. Even I do from time to time.

One of my pet peeves is "You should watch what you eat. Stop eating that fast food." I have no clue why people say that to someone as skinny as me. I exercise which keeps my fat level down, and I balance fast food with vegetables and fruit. Just because I eat fast food probably once every other day is no reason to tell me what to eat.

I'll never get militant health food people.

I second the "Watch what you eat" comments/lecutres. Okay, maybe the reason I haven't broken a single bone in my body yet is not because I don't play sports, but maybe because when I have cereal, I also drink the milk in the bowl and have some kind of dairy product every day practically?

Heh heh heh...I also don't like it when people start bashing things they know nothing about...like communism...

This was probably posted already (I wasn't about to read all five pages), but my verbal and/or communication pet peeves are:

Example 1:

"Your going to ________" or "Your doing _______" ...your? How about You're (You ARE).

Example 2:

"The red train was on it's transfer track..." Say what? The train was on IT IS transfer track??? WTF language is that?

These are more of spelling than grammar:

Example 3:

"There are too mank breaks on this coaster!" How about There are too many brakes on this coaster!?

Example 4:

"The kids were playing around in the FireHawk que" Try The kids were playing around in the Firehawk queue, butthead!

I second that.

"I didn't get chocolate milk today...*weep*...*cut*...wah..."

"I cant get my hair into that flippy thing like that guy from that band. I got grounded because I stole my little sister's jeans. Sometimes I think my diary is the only one that gets me. "

Stupid bastards! Whats sad about it is that its turned into a culture. Hopefully there will be some sort of mass suicide or something.

I also hate it when people say "2pac is still alive out there"

2 phrases that people in Minnesota use.

1. When asking someone to go with you somewhere they say:

Want to go with.

2. And when someone wants to borrow something from someone:

Borrow me a dollar.

One thing I really hate is when people write "k" instead of "ok", it's pure laziness because you only save one keystroke (and O touches K on the keyboard anyway so its not like its hard to move your finger an extra 1 cm to press it)

But what really bugs me is that it is so condescending, it sounds like a mother talking to a little kid; "Sorry Johnny, we don't have any ice cream left, k"

And its usually said by people when they are being a pratt anyway.

And this probably comes down to cultural differences, but it always sounds weird to me how in America people say "I need to go to the bathroom", even if they are in a public place (like a theme park) where there wouldn't be any bathtubs available. I also get this sort of gross mental image that when people say "I'm going to the bathroom" they're going to go and pee in the bathtub. I guess Im used to people saying, "I'm going to the toilet".

I'll put in another vote for Git-r-dun

Also can't stand:

-tools that feel the need to drop the f-bomb in between every other word of their already poor English: "Yeah, we was effin' goin' down the effin' roadin, and effin', the effin' car just effin' shut off. I was so effin' pissed at the effin' excrement"

-People that say "warsh" instead of "wash."

-When people say "stoked" in the Midwest in the middle of winter. Sorry champ, but this isn't SoCal. Its Indiana and its 5 below outside.

-Most urban slang.