TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phrases or Things that make you Cringe!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On aim...when people never say "What's up?" They say "sup"

I mean seriously, I don't mean to offend him, he's a good friend of mine, but every time he IMs me, he says "hey" I say "Hey", or "Yo" back to him. He then says "sup" EVERY TIME. And it's always the same "Nm...you?"

I mean, I get kinda annoyed, so at one point when he said "hey" I'd says "Hey, nm, you?"

Eh...yeah.

-Mike

Anyone saying the word "emo", because they are bound to be starting to say hateful things about them. I don't get what's so bad about guys in tight jeans and being pissed off at nothing.

Guys wearing tight jeans being pissed off at nothing is lame. Losing all self respect is stupid! They actually TRY to look like girls.. and wear makeup.. it really is just plain dumb. I mean, emo kids should be burned. Emo burning would be a good sport.

I second that.

"I didn't get chocolate milk today...*weep*...*cut*...wah..."

Anyone saying the word "emo", because they are bound to be starting to say hateful things about them. I don't get what's so bad about guys in tight jeans and being pissed off at nothing.

Guys wearing tight jeans being pissed off at nothing is lame. Losing all self respect is stupid! They actually TRY to look like girls.. and wear makeup.. it really is just plain dumb. I mean, emo kids should be burned. Emo burning would be a good sport.

I second that.

Gah! As for makeup... You must really hate the band Queen.

I second that.

Gah! As for makeup... You must really hate the band Queen.

Don't forget Kiss...

I don't see why everyone hates them...

I don't see why people hate KISS either. I love em, especially Ace.

Another phrase that makes me cringe is "next, a special Dateline. To Catch A Predator!"

How is that special anymore? It seems like it's the only subject they have anymore! And it's not even journalism!

I hate it when people say "You know." I had a co-worker once who talked to people on the phone and said "you know" after every 2nd or 3rd word! He would say stuff like, "Well, you know, the ad on page 2, you know, is full page. You know, we could do it 3 color but, you know, it would be cheaper if it was, you know, 2 color. Also, you know, there's a typo in, you know, line 3 of, you know, the second paragraph of, you know, the text on, you know, the bottom." I so wanted to slap him and go, "No, he doesn't know! Stop saying 'You know!'"

My 11th grade English teacher constantly said "Be CP!" That meant 'be College Prep' NO, he was not telling us to go to Cedar Point!

Back to Cincinnati TV news, we have a station whose slogan that is "Where The News Comes First." What comes second?!!

This was probably posted already (I wasn't about to read all five pages), but my verbal and/or communication pet peeves are:

Example 1:

"Your going to ________" or "Your doing _______" ...your? How about You're (You ARE).

Example 2:

"The red train was on it's transfer track..." Say what? The train was on IT IS transfer track??? WTF language is that?