TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR-Six Flags Great Adventure 5/4/07

Hello everyone, this is really my first post here but I hope to become more active over time.

Event

Coasters After Dark at Six Flags Great Adventure

Time in Park

4:45-10pm

People

(If your name is in bold, it means I hung out with you, If not, it means I saw you)

Me ( BuddyChrist )

Josh- My coaster Brother

Gabe

Amanda

Amanda's mom

JR

Jay ( TPR )

Dave

Dan

TJ

Danilo

Snowsurfer

Cory

Some Girls from my School

and some more but I forget!

RIDES:

[/b]

Nitro:4

Batman:2

Robin:The Chiller:2

Batman:The Chiller:AWOL

Kingda Ka:1

El Toro:1

GASM:3

SUF:Dead to me

Skull Mountain-2

Skyride-1

Flying Wave-1

Big Wheel-1

Medusa-Didn't get around to it

So I arrived at the park around 4:45, I went to go get my pass and then headed for the fountain for the 5pm meet-up. I waited about 20 minutes then decided to just go off on my own. So I first headed over to Chiller to see what was up. I did not see a Batman train behind the station and it was still closed. So I went into the station and there was almost no line. I waited 2 trains for the front row and off I went! I still love that launch, so heading up the spike I noticed that there were more LIMs on the spike and I went farther up it, nice. Batman's hump is alright to go past but it was more interesting with the gap. In the station I looked at Batman's side and it looks as if it's still missing LIMs in the station but oh well.

From there I traveled over to Nitro and decided to go throught the queue as it was empty. I walked right into the station and onto the back row. It was only running 2 trains still but the lines were non-existant at the time. I could've gotten a re-ride but somebody hurled. So from there I decided to go on the Big Wheel to get some nice pictures and relax. I got some nice shots and I had forgotten how high it really goes. I then saw that Batman had no lines either so I went over to it and walked on to the front row and that station was empty, and I have the picture to prove it. Batman is best in front row but it still packs a punch.

I decided then to go down to the Boardwalk and see what was up. I saw that Superman had a line but that coaster is so boring it's dead to me. I decided to get some rides on GASM as it was a walk on. I got on front row 3 times in a row. Only good part of the front row is the air you get coming into the MCBR.From GASM I thought that the 7pm meet-up was at Nitro so I headed over there. I waited in the test seat a good 10 minutes and decided to just go on it anyway. I went up the exit as I saw a line had begun to grow. I then heard my name ring out from across the way, it was JR. Since his group only had 3 I hopped on the back with them. We walked over to Skull Mountain and got a ride in. Then from there we hopped on the Skyride b/c he was going over to Medusa. I told him I was going to Ka and we split from there.

So I headed over to Ka and saw that both sides were open and it was running all 4 trains. So I was headed over to the ramp when I see Josh entering the queue with Gabe and Jay. So I called over to them and told them to come with me. So we went up the ramp into the station and decided to go to the left side with Schoolbus and Blueberry. So as we were waiting for Blueberry they launch Schoolbus and it comes back into the station. Then we see them back Schoolbus up into our line and bring Blueberry back into the station. For this I came up with the phrase "You just got Ka'd". So we waited, and we waited and we waited some more. Amanda soon joined us in the station and she went in another row. Finally it got up and running and we get in the front row. We started to chant Rollback and got the whole train going. We went up and we crested it with some speed, definately not a rollback. I got a nice ORP though. From there we decided to hit up Toro. We walked up the ramp into the station and waited for back row. El Toro is always fun in the dark. Let me tell you this, El Toro was a beast, probably my best ride ever, it was insane with the speed and airtime and it charged up the floater hill and through the course. That thing was not out of speed at the end either. Whew.

So we got off and waited for Amanda and asked her if she wanted to go to Chiller. So we went along with her mother over to it and when we got there we sent Gabe in to scout out the line. He told us it was clear. So I ran to where the lines split and jumped over the trash can into Batman's line and wanted to see if they would follow me, foolishly they did but I turned them back. We got into the station and Beethoven was op and we were talking to him. We saw Dan (kkrider09) and Amanda sat with him. Me and Josh waited for the front and it was awesome. I pointed out the new LIMs and we went right back in the station. Dave said Batman wouldn't be ready and that it's train was still not together yet.

From there we decided to hit up Nitro. We went up the exit to avoid the line and we got on 2nd to last row. We took one hilarious on ride photo and we decided to hit up Candy Mountain last. It was average as usual. When we got out we took pictures with some Staff and then we split from there. I headed over to Batman and waited 3 trains (cause they took one off the track) and got on 2nd row. After that I decided I was done and it was 10, so I hit up the High five line and left.

It was a great night altogether with everyone.

NOTES:

RTC Working well, Batman side still down

Batman had 2 trains to start but only 1 at end of the night

Nitro was working well, the seats from the A-train are now gone, they must be reassembling it

El Toro is a beast at Night

Ka was having Difficulties as always

Many flats were closed

Moment of silence for Freefall

No lines at beginning, re-rides galore

Rolling Thunder was running one train at end of the night

Here are the photos, there's quite a few

Wile E. has finally lost it, he's gonna blow us all up

Johnny Rockets is open!

Dippin Dots overrun

Me want Batman, not Robin

Pardon the blur

On the Big Wheel

Looking towards le fountain

The other side of the park

Scream Machine and ride Dead to Me

Ka, Toro, Medusa, Rolling Thunder, Dare Devil Dive, and Runaway Mine Train

Skull Mt. From above

random Shot

Chiller

Another view of Movie Town

Nitro Up the Lift

I caught them both on their lifts

full shot of Scream Machine

I want this sign

Gotham City? I thought this was New Jersey

\

This part hurts in the back row

na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na Batman

No line here

Or here

or here

or here

or even on the train

No line here either

Oh boy Looney Tunes Seaport

is closed

Skull Mountain

Houdini did his not so famous not appearing trick

Oh the pain , why do I even bother with this ride?

What roller coaster? I don't see a roller coaster. It's dead to me

Skyride

On the Skyride

I love this picture

Towards Sunset

Bad pic I know

I wanna go on the fountain ride

Scream Machine

Another picture I love

Oh the Skyride

And another picture I love

Toro, Toro!

Ka, Toro, and Rolling ThunderT

Best Hills Ever

Best O' the West

The Rog Frume

Sunset Shot

GASM again

They fixed the sign

Another Sunset Shot

Loop-de-loop

the sun didn't want me to take this picture

Ka 1

Ka 2

Ka 3

What Ka looked like when we finally got off of it

Waiting for launch

Man down! Man down!

I hope you all enjoyed my first trip report here, thanks for reading!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone! I live really close so I take a lot of trips, and a lot of pictures. Heres a few pics from previous trips this season.

Shot of El Toro from top of Parachute Tower

Shot of the Golden Kingdom and Plaza Del Carnival

Chiller in a test cycle

Movietown's plaza

Chiller's new "humps"

Rolling Thunder Racing

Looking up at Scream Machine

Ka in the morning

Ka in the Sunset

Night Skyline

Up the Spike

Blasting out of the observatory

Up into the Cobra Roll

Ouch

Medusa's Zero-G roll

A popular shot

Morning Skyline

These were all taken during my 3 trips in April, thanks for your comments!

I really liked the shot of Chiller at sunset. That was a beautiful photo even though you said you didn't like it, well I DID. I have to get back up there. It has been about 5 years since I've been to GA. The last time I was there, I had an incident with an undesireable person there and they wanted to arrest me because she said I assaulted her in line when in turn the only thing I did was report her for line jumping. She was overdeveloped 14 year old girl if you know what I mean. Some people just ruin it for me. Maybe I'll go during the week and won't run into the undesireables who come to the park on the weekend. Anyway really nice photos Buddy!

I wonder if this park is nicer?

I actually haven't been to SFNE, all I know is that GAdv is much bigger and has more coasters. Its been getting nicer though under the new managment.

I really liked the shot of Chiller at sunset. That was a beautiful photo even though you said you didn't like it, well I DID. I have to get back up there. It has been about 5 years since I've been to GA.

I'm trying to get another shot b/c i felt the sun ruined it but i didn't have my camera when i went tonight. And you should make another trip to GAdv, its been improving every year, its not as crappy as it used to be. Thanks for the compliment!

What about when they were getting pulled back in the station and the ride op said how was you ride??? that was great... so was the rock paper scissor too!!!