TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Hersheypark opening weekend

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pics!

Me and my two cousins and their two friends were there Saturday, Wildcat's definately a lot better with the flyers!

Did you notice that Comet didn't have as much airtime as usual? We sat in the last car and didn't get much aside from the first leg of the ride...

We live right up the street from HersheyPark, but didn't get a chance to make it there this weekend. How is the new Boardwalk area set up? Is it something you can walk in and out of as you please? Or, is it sectioned off with it's own entrances/exits?

^It's right in the middle of the park, so it's accessible from a few areas (I believe there's two - one right next to the Canyon River rapids and one right next to the Ferris Wheel).

Unfortunately, there's no path next to Lightning Racer anymore, so a lot of good shots of that ride won't be available (unless you want to talk your camera into the Boarwalk...)

Werd. Glad to see the kiddies had fun. I wanna do an immelman on an inverted coaster =[. Hooray for great beer!

I wanna go to Hersheypark and the breweries in PA!

I also wanna hit up the other parks in PA too... Maybe someday...

Great repot! I hated Wildcat. I thought it was always a rough ride, hopefully now I can ride it without feeling like I've been in a blender and turned into a milkshake! I alwyas go in October with my company,UPS, for their annual picnic. UPS by the way is also celebrating 100 years of delievering magic or packages I should say.

Great TP! I love Hersheypark! I lived about two hours away from it growing up. I first visited it in 1986, and as I got older, it became the site of some roller coaster firsts for me. I was last there in 1999, so I'm dying to go back there.

Of the coasters that were there in 1999, the only one I didn't like was Sidewinder. Wildcat didn't bother me, for some reason (and I wasn't in the front row). Trailblazer was the only non-kiddie coaster that I would go near until I was 14. It's very mild compared to what I've done since, but I make it a point to ride it when I visit, for old times' sake.

My worst visit ever was in the later 80s or so. I visited with my dad, and along came a thunderstorm. We took shelter underneath a building near the Wave Swinger. Most of the rides had shut down, but they ran the Wave Swinger for a while in the pouring rain until they deemed it too dangerous due to lightning. At least it was entertaining to watch the crazy people swinging in the rain. Then the weather cleared. Then the storm came back, and we gave up. He did take me back on a later date to make up for it. Thanks Dad!

Forgive the blasphemy of saying this on a roller coaster site, but I kinda miss the tranquility of riding the Sky View with the duck pond under it without The Great Bear roaring through. (Though I must admit that I enjoyed the coaster.)

Oh, and the Peanut Butter Cup dolls were so funny...yet so disturbing...in other words, right up my alley.

^Wildcat wasn't a bad ride in 1999. The trains did jostle a bit in an axle seat, but the ride didn't really go downhill IMO until like 2000-2001, or maybe it was just because Lightning Racer opened then and you could really feel the difference in the trains. Wildcat isn't like El Toro smooth by any means, but it's definitely more tolerable in the back rows these days with the new trains.

I HATE Hershey Park... because when I visited, Great Bear, Storm Runner, Lightning Racer, and Wildcat were all closed.

Give it another shot Nicole. I guarantee you'll like it.

Just don't make the mistake of staying where we did. Just ask Derek how nice it was.

663979904_HersheyParkO7209(Small).jpg.96e77c9dd6b3c5384973ed8a6ce781a3.jpg

At least the room came with a fly-swatter. You know, just incase theres some giant insect you need to kill or something.

84641604_HersheyParkO7174(Small).jpg.8c5934c76fbbcf2ed0ce2f9f18bea28c.jpg

Our key. Yes, a real key. Probably the same key they had when it opened in like 1950.

50807861_HersheyParkO7208(Small).jpg.6fab6390004fa79f7265c0a32f3cb4a3.jpg

Not sure why our car was the ONLY car there.

1617711003_HersheyParkO7207(Small).jpg.b67c0b40becab9c10e68f5159c41c827.jpg

Yeah, this was where we stayed. Next time I'll do a little better job reserching.

^^^^LOL!!! That is like.. Niagara Falls quality!

Luckily, I don't need to get a hotel room to visit Hershey. I would like to visit again some time this year when everything is open, because everybody says Hershey is great, I just had a bad day there because of the cold. But for now... I don't like it!

Nice report. I wish these next 11 days or so would go by quicker. I'm pretty anxious to finally get there!

Wildcat isn't like El Toro smooth by any means, but it's definitely more tolerable in the back rows these days with the new trains.

Glad you mentioned that because I was gonna ask.

Looks like I will have to make arrangements to get to PA this year...I havent been there since I was 10 and the SuperDooperLooper was a big deal then, the park has definately grown. Great to see your pictures and your awesome sense of humor as always!